Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (8.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (16.2%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (12.4%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (31.9%)
      David Ngog
      (21.1%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (7%)
      Glen Johnson
      (2.7%)

Liverpool 1 - 1 Arsenal: In-game & post match...seriously? Again!?

Read 47901 times
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 1 - 1 Arsenal: In-game & post match...seriously? Again!?
      Reply #598: Aug 18, 2010 07:30:14 pm
      And negged again, wow this forum is pathetic.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #599: Aug 18, 2010 11:46:22 pm
      Dont tar the whole forum with the same brush!

You think you are the only one that has been negged for no reason or a mere difference of opinion?
      Let me guess... Anonymous with added insult?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #600: Aug 19, 2010 12:38:14 am
      Don't start turning the topic into a debate of negs, anymore posts that are to do with the ratings in here will be deleted.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #601: Aug 19, 2010 04:09:44 am
      I defend the lad because he had a good game and was strong defensively against one of the best attackers in England, and yet people still critize him.

Ya he should have got rid of the ball but I thought other than that he was excellant don't know what couple of mistakes you are talking about YNWA.

I criticize him because to be an excellent defender he needs to cut out the mind-lapses that often directly attribute to dangerous attacks on our goal - and on the weekend, attributed to it. Now of course, Reina 99/100 would have saved it, but regardless of that, Johnson's lapses are to often leading to more pressure than is needed on our goal. He should have hoofed that ball all the way to Almunia up the other end, not just knocked it out a few yards from the corner flag, with the time he had to make a decision. It's things like that that you simply cannot overlook.

As i said above mate, i love the guy and enjoy seeing him in the team - he just needs to polish that defensive game, as its the only thing stopping him from being truly one of the great right-backs in the league.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #602: Aug 19, 2010 05:07:06 am
      That's exactly what it is Dave mate.

Lapses in concentration, we all know Johnson is one of the best in the game at going forward, but he just seems to drift out and switch off at times when it comes to his defensive side of the game. If he can overcome this side of his game he would hands down be the best RB in the league.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #603: Aug 19, 2010 05:59:32 am
      I agree that Johnson does tend to have the mental farts when he is defending, especially when in his positioning when but to really to try and deflect some blame on him for what happen on the weekend is really clutching at straws. Looking at last season and some of the nightmare games he had defending if he plays like he did in the Arsenal game I saw he will have a better season than last year.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #604: Aug 19, 2010 02:51:24 pm
      Tell you what though, brilliant tackler. It's the marking/positioning i don't like. He tackled...Diaby? in the last second from behind him with Gerrard and Kuyt ready to attack but Atkinson blew his whistle before they had the chance. Had that been play on, we could of won it.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,543 posts | 1092 
      Reply #605: Aug 19, 2010 04:55:30 pm
      I like Johnson, but for me his defending is not the best at times. Maybe it is more concentration? As Ive stated before, I believe Kelly is a better player and he would be my RB of choice. After a few days of reflection, 1-1 was a good result considering what went against us during the game. Arsenal celebrating the draw like they had won a cup final told its own story. On the other hand, considering what went against us, we were still gutted by only getting 1 point. This is a good sign of the mentality of the players. The fact they took the game to them in the 2nd half is testament to Roy and his team. We were 2nd best in the 1st half and then lost Cole. To come out on the attack in the 2nd half and create more chances than them was excellent.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #606: Aug 19, 2010 06:15:41 pm

Thank you very much for trying to help but it didn't work for me. Never mind.
      I use "Character Map" for something like this. Maybe it help you too.
      ---
      Sorry for my poor English, sir. :)

Quick Reply