Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Leighton Clarkson -> Aberdeen

Read 8377 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Leighton Clarkson (on loan at Blackburn)
      Reply #23: Jan 03, 2022 10:46:55 pm
      Lot of my mates Rovers fans and lot of them say very lightweight not suited at all whereas they said Harvey was just a different animal all together

Has been recalled from the loan according to James Pearce. Said he would be "another option" in midfield but surely only in a complete emergency as he wasn't getting a game at Blackburn. Harvey may be back by end of the month and Naby is gone for a while as well.

I would think he might be loaned to someone else, but maybe not.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #24: Jan 03, 2022 11:07:31 pm
      Has been recalled from the loan according to James Pearce. Said he would be "another option" in midfield but surely only in a complete emergency as he wasn't getting a game at Blackburn. Harvey may be back by end of the month and Naby is gone for a while as well.

I would think he might be loaned to someone else, but maybe not.

Another loan would make more sense. Can't see him play with us in January, as it would mean he wouldn't be able to play for another team this season.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25: Jan 04, 2022 08:25:19 am
      Another loan would make more sense. Can't see him play with us in January, as it would mean he wouldn't be able to play for another team this season.

Agree, and he might still be loaned out. But a few weeks of being in our first team training, including counsel with Jürgen and even a Klopp hug now and then should help undo whatever damage to his psyche a bad loan spell may have caused.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Leighton Clarkson Player Thread
      Reply #26: Jan 05, 2022 10:29:22 pm
      Actually these quotes from Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray in The Athletic make me think Clarkson still has a chance to make it. Mowbray doesn't have any reason to blow smoke about some young player he's return. Here he explains why he wasn't playing and what he thinks of him.

“I want to put on record that this lad is an amazing footballer; what a talent. You talk about Harvey Elliott, he’s (Clarkson) got all those qualities, weight of pass, brilliant finishing, an amazing footballer who sees all the pictures, all the patterns,“ Mowbray told the Lancashire Telegraph. “Yet he’s come to us at a time when our team is functioning and he understands, he knows football.

“It’s hurting him because he’s a Rovers fan and I haven’t been able to give him the game time and he understands that because the team is winning and functioning. We moved to three at the back so it’s only really two central midfielders, because Buckley plays like a false nine.

“The opportunities became less and less and I felt for him, because I said he needs to play football, with that talent he needs to play and express it — how fantastic a footballer he is. I would assume Liverpool would look for another opportunity for him to go and play, at what level we’ll wait to see. Whether there is another Championship team who thinks he can be a regular starter because that’s what he needs to do and grow into the footballer he’s undoubtedly going to be, because he’s very, very talented.”

Who knows? Maybe we'll see him against Shrewsbury.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Re: Leighton Clarkson Player Thread
      Reply #27: Jan 06, 2022 02:38:38 pm
      Actually these quotes from Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray in The Athletic make me think Clarkson still has a chance to make it. Mowbray doesn't have any reason to blow smoke about some young player he's return. Here he explains why he wasn't playing and what he thinks of him.

“I want to put on record that this lad is an amazing footballer; what a talent. You talk about Harvey Elliott, he’s (Clarkson) got all those qualities, weight of pass, brilliant finishing, an amazing footballer who sees all the pictures, all the patterns,“ Mowbray told the Lancashire Telegraph. “Yet he’s come to us at a time when our team is functioning and he understands, he knows football.

“It’s hurting him because he’s a Rovers fan and I haven’t been able to give him the game time and he understands that because the team is winning and functioning. We moved to three at the back so it’s only really two central midfielders, because Buckley plays like a false nine.

“The opportunities became less and less and I felt for him, because I said he needs to play football, with that talent he needs to play and express it — how fantastic a footballer he is. I would assume Liverpool would look for another opportunity for him to go and play, at what level we’ll wait to see. Whether there is another Championship team who thinks he can be a regular starter because that’s what he needs to do and grow into the footballer he’s undoubtedly going to be, because he’s very, very talented.”

Who knows? Maybe we'll see him against Shrewsbury.

Fair play to Mowbray. That's the kind of positive message a young player needs to hear after a difficult time.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Leighton Clarkson Player Thread (Academy)
      Reply #28: Aug 06, 2022 11:08:52 am
      Off on a season-long loan to Aberdeen. Hopefully he starts getting a regular game.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Leighton Clarkson Player Thread (Academy) (on loan to Aberdeen)
      Reply #29: Aug 07, 2022 07:12:45 am
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30: Aug 07, 2022 09:19:30 am
      Some goal he scored yesterday
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #31: Aug 07, 2022 12:47:36 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #32: Dec 20, 2022 10:03:26 pm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33: Jun 15, 2023 03:32:57 pm
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2023 03:53:32 pm by racerx34 »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Re: Leighton Clarkson -> Aberdeen
      Reply #34: Jun 15, 2023 03:58:20 pm
      Dead happy for Clarkson. Aberdeen fans loved him and you really do have to shine brightly as a talent to punch through below Old Firm level.

Hoping this is a great career for him in Scotland. Providing he continues with his form, it's not out of the question that Celtic or Rangers come in for him shortly down the line.   
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #35: Jun 15, 2023 04:25:09 pm
      Good luck to him. he played for the dons.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #36: Jun 15, 2023 07:26:44 pm
      How much did we get for him?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #37: Jun 15, 2023 08:54:02 pm

"Undisclosed"