Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jamie Redknapp's Best Bullsh*t Punditry Lines

Read 4572 times
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Jamie Redknapp's Best Bullsh*t Punditry Lines
      Aug 18, 2010 11:14:02 am
      The Bloke hasnt a clue - I know its a Sh*t source - but this did make me laugh...

"Roy Hodgson has never worked with top, top players."

- Redknapp with a withering verdict of (among others) Javier Zanetti, World Cup finalist Gianluca Pagliuca and 81-times capped Italy legend Giuseppe Bergomi — just three players the current Liverpool boss handled as he guided current European champions Inter to the final of the UEFA Cup in 1997.

But, in fairness to Redknapp, Lucas Leiva is indeed one hell of a player.

"These balls now - they literally explode off your feet."

- Going by Redknapp's thoughts on the dangers of the modern game, it's 'literally' a miracle that those who weave their magic on the pitch are still alive and well.

"Alonso and Sissoko have been picked to literally sit in front of the back four."

- Redknapp Jr. gives something of a clue as to why he hasn't followed his similarly grammatically-challenged old man into the management game.

"He's literally left Ben Haim for dead there."

- Another infamous gaffe during the post-match analysis of a game between Liverpool and Chelsea. No charges were ever brought against the assailant.

"Peter Schmeichel will be like a father figure to Kasper Schmeichel."

- An important quality in any pundit is their observational skills. Here Jamie shows his — while no doubt wistfully recalling how he could have done with a similar role model...

"Xabi Alonso was sensational spreading the ball to Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard that day."

- Much was made of how Liverpool missed their pass-master last season, the point Redknapp was forcefully trying to make while recalling a famous 4-1 Reds victory "we watched" against United.

The only problem, of course... well, it's only minor issue really but a certain Spaniard DIDN'T EVEN RUDDY PLAY in the game due to injury.

"Steven Gerrard makes runs into the box better than anyone. So does Frank Lampard."

- Overlooking the obvious lunacy of this statement, behind 'literally' and 'top, top' (see also: 'triffic, triffic'), 'Frank Lampard' is actually Redknapp's third favourite phrase/name drop. As in "when I spoke to Frank this morning..."

"If you're going to get in behind Rio Ferdinand you've got to show him what you've got and then go in hard."

- Childish giggle of the day here, as Jamie Redknapp gives Florent Malouda some advice that — we sincerely hope — is purely football-related...

"I'll be honest, I know nothing about him."

- Redknapp's thoughts on AC Milan's Alexandre Pato — already by then a Brazil international and renowned rising star — in November 2009. It's a good job Redknapp isn't paid for his insight into professional football. Oh, wait...

"How old is he, 36, 37? Still a top footballer, isn't he?"

- On Nwankwo Kanu, who, at the time, had just turned 31. To be fair on Redknapp, this one is actually quite understandable.

"Sometimes, you just get a label and it sticks."

- Yes, Jamie. And yours currently reads 'Idiot'.

But, when all is said and done, the tightly-trousered one still hopes that his legacy on the pitch is what he would like to be remembered by...

"I just want to be known for my football."

talkaloadofbull.com
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Re: Jamie Redknapp's Best Bullsh*t Punditry Lines
      Reply #1: Aug 18, 2010 11:31:29 am
      But, when all is said and done, the tightly-trousered one still hopes that his legacy on the pitch is what he would like to be remembered by...

"I just want to be known for my football."

And being a shitbag and being permanently injured. A withering verdict on Javier Zanetti, who the F**k does Jamie Redknapp think he is, Zanetti is twenty times the player Jamie could ever wish to be.

Tit!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2: Aug 18, 2010 04:49:28 pm
      Id say the only good line to come out of this clowns mouth was the one he used on. . . Wait for it. . .  Louise. . . Yes you would. . . Redknapp
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #3: Aug 18, 2010 05:59:44 pm

"Peter Schmeichel will be like a father figure to Kasper Schmeichel."

that was funny :lmao:
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #4: Aug 18, 2010 08:34:44 pm
      This guy is one of the worst guys on sky, worst is annndddddyyyyy gray
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #5: Aug 19, 2010 10:01:40 am
      Very funny but remember he is told what to say and what he cannot say by SKY.

Still a bitter knob though.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #6: Aug 19, 2010 01:53:50 pm
      I dont care that he was a decent player for us back in his day.

Always came across as a c**t and has done nothing but justify this tag post retirement.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7: Aug 19, 2010 04:36:08 pm
      Clueless.

Quick Reply