Read 2276 times
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Giampaolo Pazzini (Sampdoria)
      Aug 26, 2010 11:35:29 am
      Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is hoping to secure funds to make an ambitious move for Sampdoria striker Giampaolo Pazzini as he looks to beef up the club's attacking options.

Having seen his Italian side crash out of the Champions League, the Italian international may well be interested in a move to the Premier League.

The 26-year-old former Fiorentina man has sprung to prominence after netting 19 Serie A goals last term which helped him earn a place in Marcello Lippi's World Cup squad.

A move for the striker wouldn't come cheap with the player valued at around £14million, but he could potentially work out well as a foil for Fernando Torres and is a player that many of Europe's elite have been monitoring over the past 18 months.

Hodgson will hope that money made from the sales of Yossi Benayoun and Albert Riera, as well as the expected exit of Javier Mascherano, would lead to the Anfield boss having some funds to reinvest in his Liverpool squad.

Now, Woy said he doesn't want another striker and we actually going to spend the money from Riera and Yossi  :o :o

The part where he said he could be in the league of torres sounds promising?

LINK

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/liverpool-consider-14million-move
      « Last Edit: Aug 26, 2010 12:06:56 pm by crouchinho »
      jack_lfc
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts |
      Re: Giampaolo Pazzini (ST) (FIORENTINA)
      Reply #1: Aug 26, 2010 11:38:21 am
      we could probably make a move for him once mascherano is sold but i think it's unlikely
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #2: Aug 26, 2010 11:41:05 am
      He's a good player. Plays for Sampdoria not Fiorentina by the way. ;)

Watched him in the Champions League on Tuesday and he was very good. Scored a cracking volley too.

We won't get him though until Masch goes.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #3: Aug 26, 2010 11:41:53 am
      Cup tied
      RyanBabs
      • Started Topic

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #4: Aug 26, 2010 11:45:13 am
      He's a good player. Plays for Sampdoria not Fiorentina by the way. ;)

Watched him in the Champions League on Tuesday and he was very good. Scored a cracking volley too.

We won't get him though until Masch goes.

Tit i was thinking about Fiorentina for some reason, do apolgise.

Yeah he is a good player.

DJ Samp: Giampaolo Pazzini
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Giampaolo Pazzini (Sampdoria)
      Reply #5: Aug 26, 2010 12:09:02 pm
      Rather his partner Cassano. Pazzini isn't smart enough for this league - that's the impression of him from watching him all last season.

Cassano is a wizard, Pazzini just goes off his work most of the time.

And Pazzini/Torres would be a disaster up front of Manchester City proportions.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #6: Aug 26, 2010 12:10:40 pm
      Rather his partner Cassano. Pazzini isn't smart enough for this league - that's the impression of him from watching him all last season.

Isn't Cassano meant to be a bit moody sometimes though?

Agree that he's the better player of the two though.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: Aug 26, 2010 12:13:10 pm
      He is, but that makes him a better player IMO. Really determined to do well, can finish beautifully with both feet and creates so much for his team. Beats a man with aplomb, too!
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #8: Aug 26, 2010 01:17:13 pm
      Cassano would probably work better with Nando aswell as he drops deeper than Pazzini.
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #9: Aug 26, 2010 02:48:14 pm
      This rumor seems like absolute rubbish to me.... Pazzini scored twice yesterday, so some journo decided to throw his name into the mix, and we always seem to be linked due to our situation and desire to get back into the top 4.  This one is very unlikely, and I don't think Samp would even consider anything less than 20mil for their top goal scorer.

I also agree that Cassano would be a much better fit, as he can play as a LF/RF/CF/ST.  He also has incredible touch and control, likes to run at defenders, and can finish with both feet.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #10: Aug 26, 2010 03:09:07 pm
      I would welcome this guy to the club a very potent striker.

Crouchy mate your'e theory of him not being smart enough for the league is a bit far fetched. For me he has the brains, athletic abillity and skill to be a success here.

Also Cassano has stated on numerous occassions that he feels like a God at Sampdoria and would only ever leave if the president forced him to.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #11: Aug 27, 2010 04:51:42 am
      Would be f**king ecstatic if we landed him.

I don't really want Cassano. He says he has changed his mindset, but he's still a nut, IMO.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #12: Aug 27, 2010 07:27:30 am
      Plays for Sampdoria not Fiorentina by the way. ;)

I think the article mentioned "former" Fiorentina man.

Anyway, I do think Pazzini's a powerful striker. Has a good finish, strong in the air too.  But he works well only in a two-strikers system, and I think we should be more on a lookout for a striker who can play both as a lone striker and a striker's partner.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #13: Aug 27, 2010 06:11:24 pm

Cassano is a good player but no way would I think he'd fit in at our club. He is a nut job just doesn't seem to every contain his madness long enough to reach his full potential.

As for Pazzini, i like him. Think he is good player and isn't by any means overpriced like Carlton Cole et al in terms of price compared to ability.

Quick Reply