Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (6.3%)
      Sotis Kyrgiakos
      (43%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (2.5%)
      Martin Kelly
      (6.3%)
      Ryan Babel
      (8.9%)
      Joe Cole
      (7.6%)
      Milan Jovanovich
      (25.3%)

Liverpool 1-0 Trabzonspor: In-game and post match moan

Read 42955 times
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Trabzonspor: In-game and post match moan
      Reply #483: Aug 20, 2010 03:04:41 am
      Didn't he score close to 30 goals last season? (25-26).
      Must of played upfront to bang them in.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #484: Aug 20, 2010 03:10:54 am
      Didn't he score close to 30 goals last season? (25-26).
      Must of played upfront to bang them in.
      Ye the Belgium league, i be confident scoring 25-30 goals there.  ;D
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #485: Aug 20, 2010 03:29:41 am
      We have a unusual abundance of half strikers and half wide players. Kuyt, Jova & Babel don't seem to have fully committed to either role.

Maybe Kuyt is the exception he looks pretty at home on the wing.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #486: Aug 20, 2010 03:57:37 am
      Thought we played well in the second half and should have won more than a goal. Cole, Torres and Jovanovic coming close. Have to say their keeper did really well.

We now have a challenging second leg away in Turkey.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #487: Aug 20, 2010 04:41:23 am
      The scorer of the goal gets the vote.

Why are folks moaning? Still a win.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #488: Aug 20, 2010 07:15:35 am
      Unfortunately I missed the game but from reading some posts here it sounds like we we're rather unconvincing?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #489: Aug 20, 2010 07:40:07 am
      Unfortunately I missed the game but from reading some posts here it sounds like we we're rather unconvincing?

Seems the case - though a missed penalty and a wrongly disallowed goal and it would be 3-0, so hard to say!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #490: Aug 20, 2010 08:19:24 am
      I did not see the match so cannot comment on it,however a win is a win and that is the desired result.If Arsenal had not scored in the last minute we would of been delighted with a 1-0 win, if we won all of our league games 1-0 I do not think there would be too many complaints.I think we will take Trabzonspor to the cleaners in the return leg.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #491: Aug 20, 2010 08:25:08 am
      One very obvious thing stood out to me last night so I hope it stood out for Roy and the players. In the first 15/20 minute spell in the 2nd half we poounded them attack attack attack. Could have had 3 goals in that spell. The crowd came to life. The crowd f ed off the attacking football and the lads fed off the crowd. The 2 go hand in hand.

On the game itself there was dour spells but at the end of the day we could maybe should have won 4 or 5 1, that was some save by Pepe!! Kelly again impressed me huge future ahead. Sotis was a rock. Aurelio needed that game he was rusty.

Poulsen, why the negativity here towards him I dont know. No pre season games under his belt and playing with new team mates for the first time. He broke up a fair bit of play on them and used the ball smartly the majority of the time. He will grow. Just hope yiz give him time.

Jovanovich is my type of player. He will work all night but ye can see he has a good brain too, great cross for Torres header in the second half and linked well with Cole. Joe is going to be a super signing.

Babel took his goal well needs to have that confidence in himsefl and put himself about more tho. Delighted Nando got through 45 minutes.

Roll on Monday
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #492: Aug 20, 2010 08:30:21 am

At times yes, but people need to realise that Aurelio played his first game since Feb no pre season games under his belt. In front of him was Jovanovich they never played together before so they dont know how each operates. Poulsen made his debut likewise first time playing with all those lads and again with no pre season. Him and Lucas arent a proper pairing in midfield one of them there with Aqua or Stevie would be far better. Babel started again no pre season games.

There a whole new bedding in period here for a manager and players and I think some people are forgetting that
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #493: Aug 20, 2010 08:38:05 am
      A few observations:

* In my opinion; we played very narrow and through the middle way too much - Our 'wide' men got frustrated early on and had to come in looking for the ball: I can't remember us getting 'round their defense at all. We tended to go looking for Joey every time just as we have Gerrard before him and it became very predictable and easy to defend.

* To those that cry out for Babel to get a chance/run of games - who would you drop to accommodate him? Apart from his (very well taken) goal he was awful. The lad ain't a centre forward - so much for not playing players out of position, eh?

* Foggy and Compo were slow and ineffective going forward - down to ring-rust maybe - just can't see the logic of playing two Central Mid-fielders that are so similar. Sound familiar?

* Sotis was, again, immense. Under used and under rated, in my opinion. MoTM.

* Joey will come good.

* Jovanovich is Kuyt with speed and skill - a great signing.

* Poulsen, when match fit, will be more than adequate in the mid-field 'destroyer' role.

* Fabio - he'll be hoping we can't sign another Left-back until he's fit . There's two words you won't hear in the same sentence too often - "Aurelio" and "fit".

It's early doors and a win is always welcome but if any of us had fallen asleep in April and awoke last night; we could have been forgiven for thinking F**k all had changed. Not management, not tactics and not personnel. Let's hope Roy can work his magic soon (the ingredients are there) or this has the potential for being a long season.

« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2010 09:11:04 am by bad boy bubby »
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #494: Aug 20, 2010 08:38:55 am
      1-0 is a good result at home in Europe.
      It was essentially a pre-season friendly for some players and that's how it felt at Anfield last night. If we are still in the Europa League in March then this competition can be taken more seriously but in the meantime there are much more important games ahead.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #495: Aug 20, 2010 08:43:13 am
      One very obvious thing stood out to me last night so I hope it stood out for Roy and the players. In the first 15/20 minute spell in the 2nd half we poounded them attack attack attack. Could have had 3 goals in that spell. The crowd came to life. The crowd f ed off the attacking football and the lads fed off the crowd. The 2 go hand in hand.

On the game itself there was dour spells but at the end of the day we could maybe should have won 4 or 5 1, that was some save by Pepe!! Kelly again impressed me huge future ahead. Sotis was a rock. Aurelio needed that game he was rusty.

Poulsen, why the negativity here towards him I dont know. No pre season games under his belt and playing with new team mates for the first time. He broke up a fair bit of play on them and used the ball smartly the majority of the time. He will grow. Just hope yiz give him time.

Jovanovich is my type of player. He will work all night but ye can see he has a good brain too, great cross for Torres header in the second half and linked well with Cole. Joe is going to be a super signing.

Babel took his goal well needs to have that confidence in himsefl and put himself about more tho. Delighted Nando got through 45 minutes.

Roll on Monday

I havent bothered to read any of the last 17 pages but this post pretty much sums up my thoughts on the game.

Poulson showed enough for me. He was always showing for the ball and was comfortable with either foot. Also looks like he is capable of threading a pass or at least he is not afraid to try. If he has been getting criticised on here then posters need to realise the lad has played only 25 minutes of pre season I think they said on the TV. I liked the way he was always trying to link the play as well. He broke up play, got forward, had a few shots and for his 1st game with a new team thats enough.

Sotis - MOM for me. Very commanding and committed. I like this fella.

Babel - Had one decent ball played thorugh and he scored, would have preferred to see him and Torres up front instead of Ngog in the 2nd half.

Over-all a decent result, we can nick a goal out there and go through.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #496: Aug 20, 2010 09:14:54 am
      I went last night, quite an uneventful game really. We should have won 3 - 0 but still did it pretty unconvincing, that being said they were better than I was expecting. However after getting absolutley soaked, realised where I was sat the rain was still getting me, missed the goal as went to get a coffee after 44 minutes, we missed a penalty, and I just gave up just before the final whistle. So yeah maybe I should have arm chair supported this match =/
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #497: Aug 20, 2010 09:50:02 am
      To all the babel knockers we have a one goal lead taken off the only real opening created for him to take away with us, that goal could prove invaluable next week because sure as fck they will be coming at us over there, the lad was starting his first game since probably some time last season when he really had a good run at it didn,t he ,we have given players of far less ability much more grace than this lad ,he has his faults sure but to keep slating him when he has not got minutes on the pitch is a bit much ,Ngog couldn't,t trap a bag of cement yet he is given far more grace than this lad.
      On the basis of goals needed why didn,t Nando take that pen, giving players the luxury of having their first goal in front of the kop is one thing, taking goals away in Europe is far more important and should have been treated as such. 
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #498: Aug 20, 2010 12:41:20 pm
      A few observations:

* Foggy and Compo were slow and ineffective going forward

* Joey will come good.

We signed that many players? who is Foggy? who is Compo? Joey (Joe Cole?)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #499: Aug 20, 2010 12:58:52 pm
      We signed that many players? who is Foggy? who is Compo? Joey (Joe Cole?)

F***ing google 'em. Or better still wait 'til there's an article you can copy and paste.  ;D
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #500: Aug 20, 2010 01:10:16 pm
      After seeing Babel up top it explains why Rafa preferred Ngog as backup to Nando........
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #501: Aug 20, 2010 01:16:11 pm
      Why? The service to him was awful, it's his first game in ages (no preseason, didn't get a sniff at the world cup).

One chance, one goal. Fair play to Babel and not not his number 1 fan. So many strikers over the years have done F**k all in games but made there mark taking chances.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #502: Aug 20, 2010 01:16:55 pm
      Didn't get watching the game but i did see Cole's penalty miss :(. Anyone have any highlights?

From reading the posts, it seems that we weren't great. But in saying that, it seems like it could have been a very different story had Cole scored the Penalty and Poulsen's goal was allowed.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #503: Aug 20, 2010 01:16:59 pm
      After seeing Babel up top it explains why Rafa preferred Ngog as backup to Nando........

Yeah sh*te goal want it  :roll:
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #504: Aug 20, 2010 01:36:37 pm
      heh someone gave me a -1 for going to the match, egit!

I really dont think its fair to say that about Babel whoever it was, his first game back and had pretty much no feed to do anything. He did what he could, nando was in the same boat not a lot of feed for him.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #505: Aug 20, 2010 07:27:40 pm
      Glad to see the Trabzonspor cu*ts get fined for the racism. Obviously we know now that the fans that came on here talking sh*t, were just one of the many that represent that sh*t club.

Still, they didn't fine them enough and it's bullocks.

Quick Reply