Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Blues backtrack on Riquelme deal

Read 2857 times
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 336 posts | -2 
      Blues backtrack on Riquelme deal
      Jul 02, 2007 06:42:41 pm
      this is one of funniest things I have read, a case of wishful thinking at best.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1774_2462821,00.html

A story appeared on the website on Monday morning claiming that the Argentine was on his way from Villarreal.

The 'news' quickly spread on Everton forums, where rumours of a swoop for Riquelme have been fostered over the past month despite the former Barcelona player being on the verge of a move to Atletico Madrid.

The story was quickly removed from the Everton website, where a statement appeared claiming the article was "completely untrue and appeared as a result of a technical error that occurred during some maintenance work on the site".

A club spokesperson explained: "During the process of uploading the new home page designs for the website, some test data was displayed for a very short period of time and was immediately removed after it had been identified.

"Example data had been used during the testing process and this was unfortunately missed by our appointed web development company during the final upload.

"We have since spoken to our suppliers to convey our complete dissatisfaction at the way in which this mis-information appeared and they have apologised to the club and any Everton supporters who may have read the test article."

« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2007 06:50:12 pm by JD »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Blues backtrack on Riquelme deal
      Reply #1: Jul 02, 2007 08:23:59 pm
      Yep! I thought I seen a few extra blue everbum flags on cars while driving about today! :D

Quality!
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #2: Jul 03, 2007 02:22:11 pm
      riquelme will leave villareal free.betis he want it
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #3: Jul 05, 2007 12:30:37 pm
      I actually want Everton to get Riquelme, they won't cause us no trouble, would be good for Premiership football and make things more exciting. The team I hate is ManYoo
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #4: Jul 06, 2007 03:24:00 pm
      I actually think riquelme has no idea who everton are, plus I think I read or heard somewhere yesterday that Riquelme is staying for extra season at Boca.

Still if it sold at least 2 more seasies at the tip then the website will have done their job.

Plus Moysie thinks he's already got his big name signing in Phil Jagielka

Quick Reply