Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Is Aquilani moving on a good decision?

Yes
      78 (17.9%)
      No
      357 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 430

The Aquilani Headache

Read 216681 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: The Aquilani Headache
      Reply #3450: Jun 09, 2011 03:07:48 pm
      That no one wants him is a massive hint, if he comes back he will sit in the ressies then go for next to nothing in January nothing surer.

Don't think there are any guarantee's that will happen to be honest.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #3451: Jun 09, 2011 03:12:10 pm
      Call him back to melwood and for pre-season training & watch the offers come in.

Yeah more season loan offers :D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #3452: Jun 09, 2011 03:15:27 pm

Mate transfers are like a game of chess and about holding your nerve,the minute you expose a chink in your armour your fu**ed.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3453: Jun 09, 2011 03:29:03 pm
      Mate transfers are like a game of chess and about holding your nerve,the minute you expose a chink in your armour your fu**ed.

Always thought they were more like Ker-Plunk. You keep making little adjustments here and there, hopefully not losing your marbles in the process.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #3454: Jun 09, 2011 03:36:37 pm
      Call him back to melwood and for pre-season training & watch the offers come in.

Just been reading online that he is already back!

Aquilani returns to Anfield
      By Adam Bryant
      Updated Thursday, 9th June 2011

Liverpool RSS Feed  Alberto Aquilani is back at Liverpool after Juventus turned down the option to sign the Italian midfielder after a successful season-long loan.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #3455: Jun 09, 2011 03:58:57 pm
      Just been reading online that he is already back!

Aquilani returns to Anfield
      By Adam Bryant
      Updated Thursday, 9th June 2011

Liverpool RSS Feed  Alberto Aquilani is back at Liverpool after Juventus turned down the option to sign the Italian midfielder after a successful season-long loan.

If true its all good, a message needs to be sent to players,agents & clubs that we will not be fu**ed about.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #3456: Jun 09, 2011 03:59:15 pm
      Btw who is Adam Brynt , ITK  journo ?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #3457: Jun 09, 2011 04:03:55 pm
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #3458: Jun 09, 2011 04:40:28 pm
      ok thanks
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #3459: Jun 09, 2011 05:36:54 pm
      i wish kenny would come out and tell us whats what? I know he doesnt have to but either way it would be nice to put it to bed.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #3460: Jun 09, 2011 05:45:37 pm
      It was not so long ago all our laundry was aired in public ,fans didn,t like it ,now its all kept in house and only let out when the time is right and still some fans dont like it , go play some ball games or any other game and dont get to wrapped up in whats going on  it will come out when the club feels it is right to come out and not before and thats the way it should be .
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #3461: Jun 09, 2011 05:47:38 pm
      I wish kenny would come out and tell us whats what? I know he doesnt have to but either way it would be nice to put it to bed.
      Everything will be done behind closed doors, It's the Liverpool way. It looks like no offers have been made yet, but I'm nearly sure Juve will come back with an offer.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3462: Jun 09, 2011 06:30:00 pm
      Still haven't quite got the hang of quoting have you Rockstar. ;)
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #3463: Jun 09, 2011 06:31:04 pm
      Still haven't quite got the hang of quoting have you Rockstar. ;)
      Shh,
      he's alot cleverer than all of us you know, dont dampen the image. ;)
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #3464: Jun 09, 2011 06:36:25 pm
      ye sorry its my new laptop which I won at work for having the highest I.Q.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #3465: Jun 09, 2011 06:38:15 pm
      ye sorry its my new laptop which I won at work for having the highest I.Q.
      ;D
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Boom shucka boom.
      Reply #3466: Jun 09, 2011 06:38:41 pm
      ye sorry its my new laptop which I won at work fore having the highest I.Q.

Another classic, we love you rocky.
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #3467: Jun 09, 2011 06:47:20 pm
      Right lets get serious! IF you could part-ex Aqua for any current Seria A player who would it be and how much? IL go first obviously Lavezzi Aqua plus 15 milliion should clinch it.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #3468: Jun 09, 2011 07:00:11 pm
      ^ I'd support that.  I'm a HUGE fan of Lavezzi, and I think he would help create/score a ton of goals.  I know he doesn't score shed loads in Napoli, but his work rate helps get goals for his teammates.  He truly is a team player!  

If not Lavezzi, there are only a few others I'd have any interest in from Italy.  Sanchez is the obvious one, but I highly doubt he'd want to come to us with no European footie next term (same with Lavezzi too).  Phillipe Coutinho is a great prospect, and I would also be open to some sort of swap for Thiago Silva.  Of all these options though, I think some sort of swap involving Coutinho is the only semi realistic one :(

I think we are going to either have to sell Aqua for straight cash, or keep him in our squad.

Edit:  Jeremy Menez is one that I would also be interested in, but I don't think AA will be going back to Roma...

Double Edit:  There is also Pastore, but as I have mentioned before, I think he is vastly overrated and overpriced.  I think he is worth about 25-30 million, but I think Palermo are looking for closer to 40-50 million for him.  This makes me want to pass on him....
      « Last Edit: Jun 09, 2011 07:08:18 pm by harrydunn08 »
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #3469: Jun 09, 2011 07:12:19 pm
      ^ I'd support that.  I'm a HUGE fan of Lavezzi, and I think he would help create/score a ton of goals.  I know he doesn't score shed loads in Napoli, but his work rate helps get goals for his teammates.  He truly is a team player! 

If not Lavezzi, there are only a few others I'd have any interest in from Italy.  Sanchez is the obvious one, but I highly doubt he'd want to come to us with no European footie next term (same with Lavezzi too).  Phillipe Coutinho is a great prospect, and I would also be open to some sort of swap for Thiago Silva.  Of all these options though, I think some sort of swap involving Coutinho is the only semi realistic one :(

I think we are going to either have to sell Aqua for straight cash, or keep him in our squad.

Edit:  Jeremy Menez is one that I would also be interested in, but I don't think AA will be going back to Roma...

Double Edit:  There is also Pastore, but as I have mentioned before, I think he is vastly overrated and overpriced.  I think he is worth about 25-30 million, but I think Palermo are looking for closer to 40-50 million for him.  This makes me want to pass on him....
      Good choices what about aqua back to roma like you say and de rossi who would be better suited tough wise to the prem which would suit some of our posters much better?
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #3470: Jun 09, 2011 07:19:13 pm
      Good choices what about aqua back to roma like you say and de rossi who would be better suited tough wise to the prem which would suit some of our posters much better?

I have always loved De Rossi, but I don't think he is what we need right now as we have just brought in Henderson.  We now have 7 CM players, and I really only think we need 6.  I'd also really like to see Suso get some minutes in the 1st team this season, so I don't think De Rossi represents an astute signing.  I think the players we have (Gerrard, Lucas, Raul, Shelvey, Spearo, Hendo, and Suso) will give us plenty of quality and depth in the CM positions this season. 
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #3471: Jun 09, 2011 07:37:34 pm
      i tell you who i do like that Quagliaerra from juve he is quality. That chip in the world cup was awesome!
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #3472: Jun 09, 2011 07:46:33 pm
      Yeah, he's a very talented player, but kind of the opposite of Lavezzi.  He is a very skillful individual, but not much of a team player.  I much prefer players like Suarez/Lavezzi who work their socks off to put defenders under pressure and defend from the front, make runs off the ball to create space for teammates, and generally work for the benefit of the team.  Quagliarella seems to be more concerned with his own stats than the achievements of the team.

Quick Reply