Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Another long season.....

Read 2240 times
      yoyo-yoyo
      • Forum Steve Staunton
      • Started Topic

• 151 posts | -1 
      Another long season.....
      Aug 24, 2010 11:16:01 pm
      Time to wake up and smell the coffee IMHO it's going to be another roller coaster.  We are blatantly so far off winning the premier league it's depressing and the team have only played two games. :'(  All the signs were there against Arsenal whose midfield played us off the park in the first half of that game and that was replicated again last night against City.  Unfortunately there needs to be a serious rebuilding programme put into place but with current owners hanging on this is nothing but a pipe dream.  The team looks like it did when it played toward the end of last season, devoid of any spark of creativity.  If Roy can turn this around and scrape a 4th place with the present playing staff, then he will have worked a minor miracle.  I appreciate Joe Cole is due back in the team, but problems lie much deeper.  Hopefully a win against West Brom will give us some much needed cheer. :laugh:     
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Re: Another long season.....
      Reply #1: Aug 24, 2010 11:18:20 pm
      Several depressing threads have already been created...
      yoyo-yoyo
      • Forum Steve Staunton
      • Started Topic

• 151 posts | -1 
      Reply #2: Aug 24, 2010 11:20:07 pm
      trying hard to be positive :f_tongueincheek:
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #3: Aug 24, 2010 11:48:54 pm
      I'll still get behind my team and support them as much as i can regardless.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #4: Aug 24, 2010 11:55:42 pm
      I'll still get behind my team and support them as much as I can regardless.

F*cking A! I won't judge the season on two games....as far as I am concerned we have dropped the first 5 points and have a game against West Brom.....If you think positive you will react positively. You think Hodgson is sitting in the boot room with the lights out pondering what to do? NO! we WALK ON as fans, as a team, and as a club!
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #5: Aug 25, 2010 12:04:57 am
      I think we Liverpool fans are allways the eternal optimists at the start of any season ! But the reality of the situation is that we don't have the squad to match it with the big 4.  

I think we will improve on last season but I can't see us winning.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #6: Aug 25, 2010 12:17:11 am
      Its ridiculous to judge a season on two games,Torres is a mile away from his full fitness.one concern is the lack of options at left back,Agger was run ragged last night. I agree we will be better then  last year.It was not the easyest of starts to a season with Arsenal and City .
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7: Aug 25, 2010 01:17:02 am
      Its just too early in the season to judge. Even if we are at the last position now, I'm still keeping an open mind and we are not in that position. The transfer window are still not closed and the team are still making changes.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #8: Aug 25, 2010 01:24:55 am
      Too early to write the team off.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #9: Aug 25, 2010 03:33:10 am
      Too early in the season to say we're in for a tough ride, we've just got off the back of 2 tough games. Roy has only been working with the stars for 2-3 weeks, you can't expect Liverpool to follow his footballing philosophy in such a short timeframe can you?

We played 10 men against Arsenal for 45 mins and that was a magnificent performance I thought, where everyone was eager to impress. Against City I believe that was a one-off, especially since the exclusion of Masch or the speculation that he didn't want to play might have affected the team mentally and emotionally. Then again, it was a very difficult game and they took their chances well.

To add on, we haven't won on Monday nights many times under Rafa's reign as well. It was a bad game but certainly wasn't the most embarrassing defeat, that one has to come from last season's away loss to Portsmouth where it was one of the worst games I've seen us play in a long while.

However, we need to kickstart our season well. An away win against Trab and a weekend victory to West Brom should do the job, lift the morale and instill some confidence in the players. With the calibre of players we have at our club, I don't believe we can't give the title a shot.

What we just need is the camaderie in the dressing room, the spirit of togetherness, the trust among players and mutual respect between Manager-player relation. That could serve us very well this season, as everyone would be fighting for the same cause.

YNWA.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #10: Aug 25, 2010 05:08:43 am
      Not writing us off for a top 4 position after 2 games, but we have to get our act together quick smart.

Hopefully we can smash 10 past West Brom and then the "reasons to be cheerful thread" will have a lot of activity.  :angel:
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #11: Aug 25, 2010 06:46:30 am
      Several depressing threads have already been created...

This
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #12: Aug 25, 2010 07:01:45 am
      I'm staying positive, i want to enjoy this season so i'm not going to let 1 defeat get me down. More than ever there will be teams dropping points this season so lets just see what happens.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: Aug 25, 2010 07:26:09 am
      I think you meant to click on the 'Knee-jerk reaction thread'.

Locked.

Quick Reply