Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Football Manager 11

Read 156895 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Football Manager 11
      Reply #2990: Oct 12, 2011 08:15:54 pm
      I know this will sound absurd and some will think I cheated, but... I just won the Carling Cup, the EPL and the UCL with Crewe Alexandra. Lost the FA Cup final to Tottenham.

28 wins, 8 draws and 2 defeats in the league - 92 points, 8 above 2nd placed Man Utd.

Beat QPR, Middlesbrough, Blackburn, Man Utd (semifinal) and Everton (final) to win the Carling Cup.

My results in the UCL were:

Group stage
      Bayern 1-1 Crewe
      Crewe 4-0 Valencia
      Crewe 5-1 Partizan
      Partizan 3-4 Crewe
      Crewe 1-0 Bayern
      Valencia 1-4 Crewe

First Knockout Round
      Inter 0-4 Crewe
      Crewe 3-2 Inter

Quarter Final
      Crewe 3-1 Real Madrid
      Real Madrid 1-2 Crewe

Semi Final
      Crewe 1-1 Leverkusen
      Leverkusen 2-4 Crewe

Final

I have a huge squad full of talented regens, but the most used starting lineup was that one:

Wilson Matias is a young regen, he made a mistake in the 92th min of the FA Cup final that cost me the trophy, so I used Raphael Varane in the UCL final and he scored ;D

Some of my best regens (don't know why their "pictures" are like that):

Carlo Moloto - http://i51.tinypic.com/r1wt42.jpg
      (bought him in January for only 500k, in the end he proved to be better than both Renan Ribeiro and Areola, used him in the final 15 matches, including the UCL final)
      Wilson Matias - http://i55.tinypic.com/f57zg1.jpg
      Christian De Peretti - http://i52.tinypic.com/124c387.jpg
      Benoit Metzger - http://i54.tinypic.com/23lgz20.jpg
      Mustapha Hammouche - http://i53.tinypic.com/2gv1rsw.jpg
      Sendar Bingol - http://i54.tinypic.com/280tlsh.jpg
      Hector Isasi - http://i52.tinypic.com/2dhtxxk.jpg
      Hipolito De La Torre - http://i51.tinypic.com/2lk5lxi.jpg

There are a few more but I'm tired of taking print screens :D

My 4 main attacking players were all so f***in brilliant. Take a look at their stats:

ALEX CHAMBERLAIN

LUCAS

DANIEL STURRIDGE

NATHAN DELFOUNESO
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2991: Oct 12, 2011 08:43:53 pm
      Brilliant mate. How the hell are all their stats so good?

Lost 2-1 at Stuttgart with the home leg to go. Really struggling away from home now but just won 5-0 @ Parma to go 4 clear in the league with 6 to go.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2992: Oct 12, 2011 09:16:38 pm
      Gansoooooooooooo!!

0-0 in the second leg until a 90th minute 30 yard curling free kick finds the net! Through to the semi's on away goals. Thought it'd be much easier but F**k i thought i was going out for sure especially after 60% possession, 21 shots to 3 and 12 on target (4 clear cut chances officially but probably 8 or 9 of those should of been scored).
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #2993: Oct 12, 2011 10:37:43 pm
      Can't wait until the weekend, to have some time to play FM! :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2994: Oct 13, 2011 10:37:45 am
      Settling down now for a session. Had a long nap, now i've eaten something and ready to go.

Mid way through April. Going to finish this season and get in to the new season. Need to rebuild a tad with my squad. My best players are starting to hit 30 so going to have to scour through the regens and find replacements for the future.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2995: Oct 13, 2011 02:05:42 pm
      Went down 1-0 in the away leg to Lyon in the semi final first leg. I am hopeless away from home but luckily i'm still in it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2996: Oct 13, 2011 02:31:00 pm
      Through to the final for the third time in the Champions League in six attempts. Won the second leg 3-1 (1-1 half time). Dominated again in the second leg and should of ended all hope for Lyon but Traore and Sanchez missed easy chances.

I play Real Madrid after they beat Atletico in other semi.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2997: Oct 13, 2011 04:02:55 pm
      Can't wait until the weekend, to have some time to play FM! :D

Wednesday was a holiday in Brazil, so I had no work - only FM 11, baseball and football on tv, and a movie with friends later in the night ;D I wish all days were like that :D

Brilliant mate. How the hell are all their stats so good?

I really don't know. Maybe I found the perfect tactics :D at least a perfect tactic for these players. These are not the best attacking players I ever managed, but together they were easily the best attack I ever had. All of them had "double doubles" (more than 10 goals and 10 assists), which is rare. Sturridge, in particular, had the return in goals and assists of a Lionel Messi.

It's funny that even after winning nearly everything with them, my assistant manager doesn't rate them very highly. He gives Delfouneso just 2,5 stars, and 4 stars to one of my regen strikers. No way Delfouneso is sitting on the bench after scoring 30+ goals though. By the way, I just started the new season with a 5-1 win against Spurs in the Charity Shield - Delfouneso scored 2 ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2998: Oct 13, 2011 06:39:31 pm
      Won the league for the third time in a row, my fifth time overall and the fifth in six seasons.

Now for the Champions League final.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2999: Oct 13, 2011 06:51:15 pm
      MY job status is untouchable, i've surpassed all expectations for the club and then i request a new contract with just one season left on it and they say i haven't done enough to deserve one.

This game doesn't make sense at times.

Oh, and a player got injured for Sampdoria while he made a tackle already being shown a yellow card prior. He walks off the pitch with a serious injury but then walks all the way back from the bench to receive a second yellow and gets sent off.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #3000: Oct 13, 2011 07:19:50 pm
      F**k you FM

Just twatted my main promotion rivals 7-1 only for it to decide to crash dump. I was 10 points clear at the top but after ha lving to redo some games I'm only 1 point clear. :mad: If this costs me promotion I'm gonna be super pissed.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #3001: Oct 13, 2011 07:50:32 pm
      Finished my first season on my new game I started. ,4 games left and 2pts seperating the top 4, so I go lose 3 in a row.  Atleast I took 4th.

Now I need to replace carroll, he just doesnt fit my team.  Need strikets with pace, acc, off the ball, dribbling.  Have suarez, derdiyok, kadlec, neymar, quintero.  Looking at rossi, but dont think I have the funds for him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #3002: Oct 13, 2011 10:30:40 pm
      :( Lost.

The ball just wouldn't go in. The post, a bullshit save from Adler, just wide, a deflection, everything.

3 chances for them and 3 goals.
      Pro_17
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #3003: Oct 14, 2011 01:16:37 pm
      Finished my first season on my new game I started. ,4 games left and 2pts seperating the top 4, so I go lose 3 in a row.  Atleast I took 4th.

Now I need to replace carroll, he just doesnt fit my team.  Need strikets with pace, acc, off the ball, dribbling.  Have suarez, derdiyok, kadlec, neymar, quintero.  Looking at rossi, but dont think I have the funds for him.
      if u cant buy rossi! Try Gameiro and use him as a poacher! he is not as good as rossi but he will do the job well :)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3004: Oct 14, 2011 02:26:11 pm

Christian Benitez is one of the best poachers in the game, and he's probably your cheapest option. Sturridge was great for me too, as you can see in my previous posts. But it was a few years later so I don't know how much he developed in my game.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #3005: Oct 14, 2011 06:58:27 pm
      Had a 15m offer accecpted for babacar.  Anyone try him before?

Having a sh*t season so far, looks like im going out in the group stages of the cl.  Needed to beat fioentina away and got a draw.  Not that im complaining, only had a player sent off in the first min
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3006: Oct 14, 2011 08:37:00 pm
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065: Hey guy's i'm an oldie and not into these games and their consoles, but i have a six year old who has both a ps3 and a xbox, 360 i think,(he lives with his mum) as it's his B'day and Xmas coming up and since i bought him a mobile i was thinking of getting him a game or two, he also has a nintendo ds and i think his mum is getting him the 3D version at Xmas, can anyone point me in the right direction of the type of games to get him, he likes M bikes, and he loves fighting games, he was into power rangers/ Ben 10 but i think he is just coming out of that sort of thing and would prefer something a bit more adventurous, if you know what mean,
      would appreciate if any of you geeks out there would advise or give some insight to what i can choose,
      Cheers & Beers,  YNWA
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #3007: Oct 14, 2011 09:13:10 pm
      xxxxx:action-smiley-065: Hey guy's I'm an oldie and not into these games and their consoles, but I have a six year old who has both a ps3 and a xbox, 360 I think,(he lives with his mum) as it's his B'day and Xmas coming up and since I bought him a mobile I was thinking of getting him a game or two, he also has a nintendo ds and I think his mum is getting him the 3D version at Xmas, can anyone point me in the right direction of the type of games to get him, he likes M bikes, and he loves fighting games, he was into power rangers/ Ben 10 but I think he is just coming out of that sort of thing and would prefer something a bit more adventurous, if you know what mean,
      would appreciate if any of you geeks out there would advise or give some insight to what I can choose,
      Cheers & Beers,  YNWA

You should get this moved into your own topic mate. Although admittedly most of the gamers on the forum mainly play FM11 so posting here isn't a bad shout!

I have to pop out to the pub for a bit but I'll recommend you a few games that he might like when I get back in tonight or tomorrow morning.. Oh and with the Nintendo 3DS make sure he don't play it for too long, it gives you headaches if you do! Can't imagine it'll do a 6 year olds eyes any good, but that's just my opinion, no medical knowledge! :)
      Pro_17
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #3008: Oct 14, 2011 09:20:30 pm
      Had a 15m offer accecpted for babacar.  Anyone try him before?

Having a sh*t season so far, looks like im going out in the group stages of the cl.  Needed to beat fioentina away and got a draw.  Not that im complaining, only had a player sent off in the first min
      HI mate! It really depends on the patch you are using..babacar is a beast at the 11.1.0 version of the game...But if u have the 11.3 version u should know that his Potential ability isnt that good..
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #3009: Oct 14, 2011 10:07:37 pm
      HI mate! It really depends on the patch you are using..babacar is a beast at the 11.1.0 version of the game...But if u have the 11.3 version u should know that his Potential ability isnt that good..

Scout gave him a 4 or 4.5.  Would love to get ballotelli again, but him and neymar in the same team woyldnt be,good.

Im running 11.3 with the marshal update.
      Pro_17
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #3010: Oct 14, 2011 10:16:37 pm
      Scout gave him a 4 or 4.5.  Would love to get ballotelli again, but him and neymar in the same team woyldnt be,good.

Im running 11.3 with the marshal update.
      Yeah me too exactly the same version and update!If u have money try to buy Kevin Gameiro...I always recommend this player he is really good ! If u want a Tall Striker then i recommend Eren Derdiyok or Thomas Necid ! And plz dont buy balotelli because his Hidden attributes (adaptability loyalty professionalism .... are all below 5)
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #3011: Oct 14, 2011 11:20:38 pm
      Yeah me too exactly the same version and update!If u have money try to buy Kevin Gameiro...I always recommend this player he is really good ! If u want a Tall Striker then i recommend Eren Derdiyok or Thomas Necid ! And plz dont buy balotelli because his Hidden attributes (adaptability loyalty professionalism .... are all below 5)

Already have derdiyok, works great since he has pace too.  Necid I like but is too slow for my formation

Ill take a look at gameiro. 

Ive actually had luck with ballotelli before, never had him pissed off somehow.  Plus he ended up scoring 50-60 in a year.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #3012: Oct 14, 2011 11:32:27 pm
      Playing Monaco in the CL final.

My best chance yet.

Quick Reply