Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Glen Johnson
      (27.4%)
      Martin Kelly
      (58.5%)
      Joe Cole
      (7.5%)
      David Ngog
      (6.6%)

Trabzonspor 1-2 Liverpool (1-3 Agg): In game and Post Match Phew!!

Read 52817 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Trabzonspor 1-2 Liverpool (1-3 Agg): In game and Post Match Phew!!
      Reply #621: Aug 26, 2010 10:08:18 pm
      Kelly wont play at weekend I don't think. Insua suffered from to much football last season, he will play one game per week I would think.
      Gazmcc84
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #622: Aug 26, 2010 10:08:26 pm
      Pacheco and Babel made the difference from what I read. Will be watching it myself at midnight on LFCTV
      yeah both of them and kelly very good tonight
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #623: Aug 26, 2010 10:10:13 pm
      Kelly wont play at weekend I don't think. Insua suffered from to much football last season, he will play one game per week I would think.

and then this comes to where the eff was Insua? He hasn't moved and He isn't playing but training? :S
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #624: Aug 26, 2010 10:12:54 pm
      and then this comes to where the eff was Insua? He hasn't moved and He isn't playing but training? :S
      This is like question of the week..

Does ANYBODY actually know were Insua has dissapeared too?
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,584 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #625: Aug 26, 2010 10:24:21 pm
      Melwood?
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Re: The lets look at the positives thread
      Reply #626: Aug 26, 2010 10:26:24 pm
      Babel HAS TO PLAY against the baggies...
      imcfitz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      Reply #627: Aug 26, 2010 10:26:25 pm
      What I think, they both changed it for us...

Poulsen was woeful for me, he left his man when we were 1-1 and if they scored it would of been harder for us. You'll see it around 75th he completely walks away from his man leaves him to Predator and then Predator didn't realise til the ball was in Reina's hands.

I know its early doors but he also nearly gave away a peno in the first half, it worries me as he does remind me of Robbie Savage

gettin a lot of stick in work over this guy, from what i have seen in a red jersey (admittedly not much) he isnt what we need. seems to be a bit of a head case, decent slide tackler but its a pitty he has to put them in after he looses the ball. Anyone notice he is ridiculously one footed?? i know masch is a defensive midfielder but in recent times he seems to have learned how to ping a diagonal / long ball and i really noticed this in argies v ireland, we have lost yet another player thats comfy on the ball.

back on topic, first half reminded me of city game, limited in ideas. someone needs to tell carra and who ever partners him to stop playin long balls cus (A) they cant pick a pass that far, i mean know ur limits.... (B) doin this with 1 up top doesnt make footie sense unless the striker is a beast. pacheco looked lively when he came on and that was very pleasing, happy babbs was involved in the winner too, GJ looked sharp going forward but thats cus they offered little in attack on his side. very impressed with kelly, didnt venture too far forward but was solid all night.

All in all was a tough watch but as with countless other away euro nights WE PREVAILED!
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #628: Aug 26, 2010 11:07:22 pm
      Im disgusted that they were shining a laser pen on pepe reina's head in the first half as well as they were throwing coins on the pitch
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #629: Aug 26, 2010 11:11:40 pm
      Roy Hodgson's 100% record in Europe continues for the Reds. First Liverpool manager to win in Turkey as well.

Wasn't the prettiest game to watch but the pitch didn't really help that. Was a poor goal to concede, sloppy from Kuyt and once again this year the defence started running away from the player on the ball. Close them down in future lads.

We didn't do a great deal with the ball, couple of decent little spells of possession in the second half but that was about it. Was quite poor generally though. Dani Pacheco and Ryan Babel impressed when they came off the bench, looked like they wanted to stake a claim in the starting line up.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #630: Aug 26, 2010 11:32:55 pm
      Think Pacheco should be on the team sheet  week in, week out, that F***ing Ngog lad is more like a ballerina dancer then a footballer.Would like to see Babel getting  few more games is well,think he can cause defenders problams and score goals.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #631: Aug 26, 2010 11:35:19 pm
      Thought Pacheco changed the game when he came on, we looked more then one dimensional then.

Im not a Lucas hate boy but at one stage i was just shaking my head in disbelief. The commentator even had a dig about how he couldn't believe how much ball he lets go !

First half didn't impress but the second half was much better. Is it just me or does Reina not look happy?
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #632: Aug 26, 2010 11:36:52 pm
      Pacheco pulled a lot of strings after he came on.

If Kelly is dropped there is no justice though.

There's obviously another thread talking about positives for the club, but having these two stake their place as part of the first team certainly is! 

I want to see Shelvey get more games also.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #633: Aug 26, 2010 11:50:03 pm
      Delighted to go through tonight, i was worried at times but glad its sorted and I'm looking forward to the draw tomorrow.

But one thing i want to know is where are all the kebab heads now who were full of sh*t?

aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Re: The lets look at the positives thread
      Reply #634: Aug 27, 2010 12:13:57 am
      Babel is actually looking decent this season.

No doubt the dudes quick & ultra technical hopefully he impresses Woy and cements a spot in our team.

N'Gog is a rough diamond he is a young unpolished kid who has a eye for goal and should develop.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #635: Aug 27, 2010 12:24:09 am
      Kuyt is diabolical right now. Tell me what he has that Maxi doesn't.
      For fck sake read whats happening Maxi is in be d ill do you follow lfc or just read the good bits.

F***ing hell. I'm gonna go watch some paint dry. Then peel it off, paint it, then watch it dry again.
      Kuyt is diabolical right now. Tell me what he has that Maxi doesn't.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #636: Aug 27, 2010 12:26:24 am
      Now that was just one fcked up post the top line in the middle quote is mine just so you dont get confused. is mine
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #637: Aug 27, 2010 12:32:24 am
      Cos Torres never misses easy ones does he? FFS.
      Big v quite often agree with you but that quote you should have thought about it you are right he dont miss many easy ones  ;D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #638: Aug 27, 2010 12:36:23 am
      MsTorres - plead your case once F***ing more because the boy has talent.
      Crouchie  is that why he keeps missing. :f_whistle:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #639: Aug 27, 2010 01:00:48 am
      All i can say is very happy man tonight we still in europe and to those who think it dont matter  otherwise yes it fcking does ,we got through with a shadow team well done lads , nothing can knock the smile off my face tonight. 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #640: Aug 27, 2010 01:09:09 am
      Over the moon at a longer stint in Europe. Hopefully the gritty performance will push us on a bit.

Kelly was boss today, Pacheco looked good off the bench and Kuyt improved in the second half a lot.

Pretty damn happy at the moment.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #641: Aug 27, 2010 02:16:50 am
      Big v quite often agree with you but that quote you should have thought about it you are right he dont miss many easy ones  ;D

He actually does miss a few simple ones here and there mate :D Not often of course, but I have seen him miss some golden ones - manure away last season in particular.

My point mainly was MsTorres was stupidly 'resting her case!!' on Ngog cos he missed an easy opportunity. This is the same lad who scored a corker agaibst Arsenal in a very Torres-ish manner, so I feel it was a stupid attack on a player still developing.

Of course he is not, and probably never will be, anywhere near as good as Nando. But he is improving it seems, and trying.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #642: Aug 27, 2010 05:03:10 am
        We got the result we wanted so lets kickstart our season from here.I have not seen the match so I am not in a position to comment on how individual players performed.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #643: Aug 27, 2010 06:02:38 am
      I didn't see the second half as I had fallen asleep and woke up in my chair in front of the stream at lunch time, not good considering work starts at 8...

Typical us though, I love this club, we smashed those loud pricks in the end. We were really just unsure in the first half, a bunch of players that don't gel together yet but they will. They will be absolutely furious about how long they led the match. Now for Babel to start playing more, and Pacheco.

Quick Reply