Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Glen Johnson
      (27.4%)
      Martin Kelly
      (58.5%)
      Joe Cole
      (7.5%)
      David Ngog
      (6.6%)

Trabzonspor 1-2 Liverpool (1-3 Agg): In game and Post Match Phew!!

Read 53254 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Trabzonspor 1-2 Liverpool (1-3 Agg): In game and Post Match Phew!!
      Reply #644: Aug 27, 2010 08:38:26 am
      Crouchie  is that why he keeps missing. :f_whistle:

Indeed he missed a sitter but again, showed more to his game than most thought he had. Can't deny that jinking run in the box was class.

And also, on quoting me with Dirk. I'll stand by it. Maxi is a better player and better for the team than Kuyt.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #645: Aug 27, 2010 08:58:28 am
      At least we won - albeit not very convincingly.

If Woy can get his hands on the miserly fee for Mascherano, we might be able to buy a back up striker, and a left back.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #646: Aug 27, 2010 09:57:17 am
      Didnt see the match - can anyone tell me what players were crap and which ones were good.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #647: Aug 27, 2010 10:05:53 am
      Showed great character to get back and win.

Like the LFC of 2 seasons back - leaving it late to win games!
      redcraig
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts | 14 
      Reply #648: Aug 27, 2010 10:07:26 am
      We should be happy that we beat a good side who have been unbeatable on their own pitch yet we are still having a go at the players and manager despite probably our best result since we beat the scum last season.
      Rather than look at the positives in a game which for the majority we controlled in hugely difficult circumstances from the weather, the atmosphere, going one down, key players missing, we are consumed with telling our players they are sh*te.
      According to this thread after a victory we are arguing because N'gog is supposedly sh*te, Kuyt is dreadful, Lucas is awful, Poulsen is woeful, Roy is clueless.

Come on guys, when did we get to the stage that almost every thread is somehow geared to having a go at our players and manager. I have lost count of the number of times I have read that Roy is sh*te but he is Liverpool manager so I will support him only to then continually post why he is wrong for the club. Yes these are hugely difficult times for the club and as a result some players lack the quality we would udeally like but not one player is not trying their hardest to improve on last season.

We are a special club with special fans but at the moment we are becoming just like any other supporter who continually bash their own players and manager.

And for what it's worth I thought 2nd half we played well, Pepe has nothing to do and along with N'gog I actually thought Poulsen did well.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #649: Aug 27, 2010 11:54:27 am
      Indeed he missed a sitter but again, showed more to his game than most thought he had. Can't deny that jinking run in the box was class.

And also, on quoting me with Dirk. I'll stand by it. Maxi is a better player and better for the team than Kuyt.
      If you read my post it said all my quotes were messed up dont know what went wrong, dont disagree with you  about Maxi but until he gets minutes on the pitch we wont know if he is or not.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #650: Aug 27, 2010 02:06:00 pm
      If you read my post it said all my quotes were messed up dont know what went wrong, dont disagree with you  about Maxi but until he gets minutes on the pitch we wont know if he is or not.

I see it now, mate. Apologies.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #651: Aug 27, 2010 03:20:56 pm
      Was not able to take part in the thread last night. But after reading it through.....ge-sus some people on here need to sort themselves out. Fairweather comes to mind. Hammering Roy from the off as well as the players.

Its been a tough week. Trab do well at home. It was a hostile atmosphere and we lost a goal early. But the boys stuck in there, had some luck at times, but deserved to come away with the victory.

Roy's substitutions worked a treat. Been along time since we have been able to say that. The critisism he was getting, anyone would have thought he had brought a left-back on in a losing situation as has happened in the not too distant past.

Roy got it spot on last night. I was made up for him. Was made up for the players too. They were up against it last night, no question about it. But they dug in, dug deep and grinded a result out.

It might not have been the best permormance. But the lads will forget about that and take the confidence of a good win in a tough place into the west brom game.

Special mention to Martin Kelly. Excellent display from a talented young player who has a big future.

YNWA!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #652: Aug 27, 2010 04:03:15 pm
      Why do you keep mentioning that Aurelio substitution? Rafa explained that game he wanted to get someone running down the wing from deep to support the attacks. So indeed, it was an attacking move.

Quick Reply