Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Raul Meireles (Porto)

Read 17294 times
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Re: Raul Meireles (Porto)
      Reply #138: Aug 28, 2010 09:42:04 pm
      Wouldnt it be a pisstake if he just rejected us now :D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #139: Aug 28, 2010 09:44:29 pm
      Yeah, they just refused to match the asking price, as it's excessive considering he's in the last year of his contract - yet again, we've been mugged in the transfer market.

No he has two years left.

And a lot of Porto fans feel they aren't getting enough with the 10m.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #140: Aug 28, 2010 09:47:00 pm
      Not to certain about him to be honest, I mean if he is that good why are none of the other clubs after him?

And United don't like paying that much for players 26 years old or more, only reason they didn't go for it.

Hearing that Porto fans feel they aren't getting enough at least softens the blow of Masch going cheap.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #141: Aug 28, 2010 09:48:20 pm
      According to reports he only has 1 year left on his contract and the reason he is so cheap.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #142: Aug 28, 2010 10:06:06 pm
      According to reports he only has 1 year left on his contract and the reason he is so cheap.

To be honest, even if it is only 1 year left, i don't mind paying that much. The way i look at it, he is a quality player who could so easily sign a new contract with Porto and be worth almost twice what has been reported.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #143: Aug 28, 2010 10:08:23 pm
      And United don't like paying that much for players 26 years old or more, only reason they didn't go for it.

That's just a way of them declaring defeat, IMO. Let's not forget that they spent £30M on a 27 year old Berbatov 2 years ago.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #144: Aug 28, 2010 10:10:40 pm
      Utd didn't buy because there nearly as broke as us we wouldn't have been buying him either if Masch stayed
      LFChrisLFC
      • Forum Ian St John

• 425 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #145: Aug 28, 2010 10:15:53 pm
      This the one with the tattoo's and scored for Portugal in WC?
      jococ2009
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #146: Aug 28, 2010 10:18:04 pm
      source craptalk, Porto have confirmed that Raul Meireles is to sign for Liverpool subject to player agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.
      Reds boss Roy Hodgson made a late move for the midfielder once Barcelona's transfer bid for Javier Macherano was accepted.
      Porto coach Andre Villas Boas has confirmed that the player is currently negotiating with Liverpool officials.
      He said: "Raul is a good player who wants to move to a bigger club than FC Porto and wants a new start at another club.
      "An agreement was reached between Liverpool and Porto and now Liverpool are speaking to Meireles."
      id say its true though if there quoting him. also confirmed on irsh tv
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #147: Aug 28, 2010 10:18:50 pm
      source craptalk, Porto have confirmed that Raul Meireles is to sign for Liverpool subject to player agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.
      Reds boss Roy Hodgson made a late move for the midfielder once Barcelona's transfer bid for Javier Macherano was accepted.
      Porto coach Andre Villas Boas has confirmed that the player is currently negotiating with Liverpool officials.
      He said: "Raul is a good player who wants to move to a bigger club than FC Porto and wants a new start at another club.
      "An agreement was reached between Liverpool and Porto and now Liverpool are speaking to Meireles."
      id say its true though if there quoting him

Maybe so but it is Kraptalk.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #148: Aug 28, 2010 10:20:57 pm

Hearing that Porto fans feel they aren't getting enough at least softens the blow of Masch going cheap.

Softens the blow?! That's being modest! I'd rather have Mereiles than Mascherano and I'm not saying that because Masch did the dirty on us but because we're gagging for something threatening attack and can up the intensity levels and Mascherano did neither which probably justifies his £18 million price tag. Liverpool's intensity has looked as intense as a Womens Institute meeting in the last year. The signing of Meireles will really help that, as that of Cole as well.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #149: Aug 28, 2010 10:21:40 pm
      F**k me you still wouldn't put it past the club F***ing up on personal terms.
      jococ2009
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #150: Aug 28, 2010 10:23:03 pm
      F**k me you still wouldn't put it past the club f**king up on personal terms.
      agreed
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #151: Aug 28, 2010 10:23:36 pm
      F**k me you still wouldn't put it past the club f**king up on personal terms.

I know what you mean. Until nothing confirmed, i will be shitting myself.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #152: Aug 28, 2010 10:49:10 pm
      Isn't he a lot like roma's di rossi?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #153: Aug 28, 2010 10:56:23 pm
      Latest? What's going on?
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #154: Aug 28, 2010 11:06:30 pm
      Liverpool have confirmed a fee has been agreed with FC Porto for the transfer of Portuguese midfielder Raul Meireles to Anfield.

The 27-year-old, who started all four of his country's games in this summer's World Cup, will now undergo a medical and discuss personal terms on Merseyside before completing his move to the Reds.

Awesome, this is from the official site!
      jococ2009
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #155: Aug 28, 2010 11:07:59 pm
      ye confirmed
      Sam -reds for life
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #156: Aug 28, 2010 11:09:12 pm
      yes!!!!!!!!!
      « Last Edit: Aug 29, 2010 09:52:52 am by CRK, Reason: Too many !!! Was cocking up the screen »
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #157: Aug 28, 2010 11:10:22 pm
      Brilliant.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #158: Aug 28, 2010 11:13:48 pm
      That's just a way of them declaring defeat, IMO. Let's not forget that they spent £30M on a 27 year old Berbatov 2 years ago.

No, it's actually a policy the owners do have. They are vary wary of spending big bucks on older players. Berbatov was an admitted exclusion from the rule, simply cos slur scummyson wanted him.

Softens the blow?! That's being modest! I'd rather have Mereiles than Mascherano and I'm not saying that because Masch did the dirty on us but because we're gagging for something threatening attack and can up the intensity levels and Mascherano did neither which probably justifies his £18 million price tag. Liverpool's intensity has looked as intense as a Womens Institute meeting in the last year. The signing of Meireles will really help that, as that of Cole as well.

Didn't say i wouldn't rather have him did i! The softening the blow was in reference to the fact that we still got screwed with the money i feel with Masch, but seeing as we are getting a quality player cheap also, that softens the blow. Get it?

Anyways, just logged onto the offal and its there - F***ing yes!!!! ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #159: Aug 28, 2010 11:16:22 pm
      Fantastic news. Can't wait to see him in a red shirt.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #160: Aug 28, 2010 11:16:53 pm
      Fantastic news. Can't wait to see him in a red shirt.

Yes - and i love your avatar mate :D

Quick Reply