Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3029073 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,954 posts | 2032 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)
      Reply #39192: May 16, 2021 11:20:52 pm

Excellent maybe pushing it a touch but he does very well at clubs without high expectations. Maybe his results will start to match his ego

Of course he's excellent. He nearly won the league with us, did an excellent job at Celtic and has won a major trophy with Leicester City. Maybe not world class but excellent he is.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #39193: May 16, 2021 11:51:08 pm
      Of course he's excellent. He nearly won the league with us, did an excellent job at Celtic and has won a major trophy with Leicester City. Maybe not world class but excellent he is.

Agree, I think he's still a bit underrated as a coach simply because of his apparent persona.

I've always liked him and just thought he'd lost his way with us and the job maybe came a little too early.

If we didn't have Jürgen and were looking for a new manager and Brendan had never managed us before he'd be pretty high on a shortlist I'd say.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #39194: May 17, 2021 12:32:54 am
      Agree, I think he's still a bit underrated as a coach simply because of his apparent persona.

I've always liked him and just thought he'd lost his way with us and the job maybe came a little too early.

If we didn't have Jürgen and were looking for a new manager and Brendan had never managed us before he'd be pretty high on a shortlist I'd say.

But...he had a picture of himself in his house...and the three envelopes!!!!! ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #39195: May 17, 2021 08:18:15 am
      But...he had a picture of himself in his house...and the three envelopes!!!!! ;D

Don't forget the Porsche ;D
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #39196: May 17, 2021 08:41:46 am
      I'll be honest I had no issues with him as a personality really, that bravado was likely a deliberate thing as a young coach who hadn't really played the game and he felt he needed to be ultra confident to show to the players and get them to buy into him. Don't forget he started at Chelsea and it would have been a daunting step

Only thing I had during his time at Liverpool was just an initial thought I had, that he wasn't experienced enough for a job our size and that probably wrong stuck with me until he left

I was made up for him Saturday though, really pleased

If anyone hasn't listened to his interview though on Robbie Folwers podcast I would suggest you do, he came across so well on that and to be honest I came to like him more on the back of that
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #39197: May 17, 2021 09:21:34 am
      The truth is most of us wanted him gone when he left. He was a good manager and after the awesome season, with the departure of Suarez, he could not adapt and needed to leave. If Klopp does not qualify for the CL and we keep on with our current form, it would not surprise me that the supporters ask him to leave. It happens to everyone. But it does not mean he was a bad manager. See what happened to Klopp at Dortmund.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #39198: May 17, 2021 09:27:34 am
      The truth is most of us wanted him gone when he left. He was a good manager and after the awesome season, with the departure of Suarez, he could not adapt and needed to leave. If Klopp does not qualify for the CL and we keep on with our current form, it would not surprise me that the supporters ask him to leave. It happens to everyone. But it does not mean he was a bad manager. See what happened to Klopp at Dortmund.

Any sane fan would never ask for Klopp to go

But this is Brendans thread and I'm made up for him he won that Saturday
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,453 posts | 3274 
      Reply #39199: May 17, 2021 10:30:54 am

Guess it’s definitions of Excellent

For me excellent is the likes of Klopp , Pep , Tuchel , Flick - the managers who have proven themselves at a big club and won the trophies to show it

Rodgers is a good manager who has done well at little ponds , his ego believes he is in the group above but he will need to prove it if given the chance again

If we were in a situation were Klopp was leaving he imo still wouldn’t be in the list of people to look at
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #39200: May 17, 2021 12:16:40 pm
      Shut up idiot. On a day like this you can’t help yourself during our lowest this season you were one of the Nancy’s hinting and propagating at change and criticizing Klopp a little too overzealously.

As for Brendan glad he’s won the cup didn’t workout for him in the end but he’s still got time for a shot at another big club and opportunity to show his world class.

Calm down. I have the right to write what I wrote and I maintain everything. Klopp has failed so far to show that he can turn things around. I like him a lot but we're still waiting for better performances from this team. That does not mean that I'm asking for his head. 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39201: May 17, 2021 12:20:02 pm
      Calm down. I have the right to write what I wrote and I maintain everything. Klopp has failed so far to show that he can turn things around. I like him a lot but we're still waiting for better performances from this team. That does not mean that I'm asking for his head. 

Failed to turn things around..since when were we in a F***ing crisis...?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,434 posts | 1731 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39202: May 17, 2021 12:29:09 pm

Current form?

were actually top of the form guide. last 8 games, 6wins, 2 draws. ;D
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #39203: May 17, 2021 12:32:50 pm
      Failed to turn things around..since when were we in a f**king crisis...?

I know right, what a F***ing weapon
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #39204: May 17, 2021 01:49:58 pm
      That old saying about keeping your mouth shut and being thought a fool vs opening it and removing all doubt comes to mind.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39205: May 17, 2021 02:45:08 pm
      Guess it’s definitions of Excellent

For me excellent is the likes of Klopp , Pep , Tuchel , Flick - the managers who have proven themselves at a big club and won the trophies to show it

Rodgers is a good manager who has done well at little ponds , his ego believes he is in the group above but he will need to prove it if given the chance again

If we were in a situation were Klopp was leaving he imo still wouldn’t be in the list of people to look at

Not sure Tuchel belongs to be mentioned with those other names. Winning in France with a stacked PSG team is not all that impressive, though he did win the Pokal with Dortmund.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #39206: May 23, 2021 08:00:41 pm
      Spent most of the year in Top 4 then managed to bottle it at the business end, two years in a row.

Although Im sure the FA Cup will soften the blow.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,629 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #39207: May 23, 2021 09:32:29 pm
      Gutted for Brendon as he deserved top 4.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #39208: May 23, 2021 11:03:33 pm
      Gutted for Brendon as he deserved top 4.

So am I both for him and the fact those cnuts snook in
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6636 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39209: May 24, 2021 04:36:59 am
      Sorry for Brendan

But his team are a bunch of bottlers. but thank F**k they are or we would be playing Europa next season!

Lucky Chelsea cu*ts!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #39210: May 24, 2021 12:52:00 pm
      Sorry for Brendan

But his team are a bunch of bottlers. but thank F**k they are or we would be playing Europa next season!

Lucky Chelsea cu*ts!

Nah 3rd either way.
      But would rather Leicester 4th than Chelsea.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #39211: Oct 13, 2021 12:05:24 am
      Rumors Newcastle owners are making him their number one target.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #39212: Apr 29, 2022 06:26:32 am
      The man has lost it, brendan shows with every opportunity that he cannot manage a great club, last season was the exception from the rule, mainly because of many circumstances that favoured us, but in the end brendan is nothing more than a mid-table team manager, who can only hope to guide a team to europa league places ... this is my conclusion on his ability to handle pressure, making tactical changes, transfer activity, etc.

Everyone who thinks otherwise is blind or simply doesnt want to accept the fact that Brendan isnt the man to take the club forward.

I hope Klopp would be given a chance to prove himself at us in the future, the man has all the qualities to succeed + he's a very charismatic coach, when you see him on the bench he shows emotion, passion for the game ... Brendan on the other hand looks like a statue, he doesnt inspire any hope that he'll take a drastic decision that will change the course of a game, and i think the players are feeling the same way, it was Suarez who spurred them on, not the manager.

8)

Quick Reply