Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (8.9%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (3.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (6.5%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (19.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (12.1%)
      Fernando Torres
      (48.4%)
      Glen Johnson
      (1.6%)

Liverpool 1-0 West Brom: In game and Post Match chat

Read 48851 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 West Brom: In game and Post Match chat
      Reply #621: Aug 29, 2010 10:34:28 pm
      Can I not at least call him a barrage of names and tell him what a clueless fuckwit he is ? :D

Sure, but it may result in a ban.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #622: Aug 29, 2010 10:35:03 pm
      Small note to Peter Hothersall, MC on the touchline, hand the mic back to George and please quieten the F**k down.

Thought I was going to go deaf the way he was screaming the players names out, but thought it was kind of funny the way YNWA was still playing as the game kicked off.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #623: Aug 29, 2010 10:50:13 pm
      Sure, but it may result in a ban.

3 days, 7days or permanent ?:D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #624: Aug 29, 2010 10:55:20 pm

Go ahead, do it!!!

International break looming, you will be well back on before our next game, you'll just have to spend the 3/7 days looking at your missus's tits instead.

Some might say................
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #625: Aug 29, 2010 10:58:36 pm
      We did! Woot!! :D

Roy said in his post match that he wants another striker - hopefully a sign if any that the club is actively looking for one before the window closes.
      Not Cole please
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #626: Aug 29, 2010 11:11:33 pm
      Go ahead, do it!!!

International break looming, you will be well back on before our next game, you'll just have to spend the 3/7 days looking at your missus's tits instead.

Some might say................

:lmao: Hahahahahaha!

Glad to see people celebrating our first league win at last! ;)

Out of the relegation places!!!! ;D
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #627: Aug 29, 2010 11:19:08 pm
      And above Everton
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #628: Aug 29, 2010 11:32:40 pm

They are gonna get relegated. Heard it here first.

;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #629: Aug 29, 2010 11:44:22 pm
      One question and please answer honestly, how often do you Corbally Lfcredblood and bigvYNWA go?... Answer this question because I don't know any of you three but you are the most negative so called supporters I have met. I go to every home game missed a few away last season decided to not travel away due to fin aces this. But come on super fans how many games do you get to. I bet none of you own a season ticket yet I bet you slag St John off for calling masch a dog or Hunt for criticizing Rafa last season.

Ask yourself are you having a go because you support lfc or that your work mate who supports the scum is having a go at you. F**k off the three of you, you are what is killing the club negative twits. I was shouting at moored and parry the same things you jumping on the bandwagon on ten years ago so F**k off. 

You're funny you. That post I've just quoted is kids stuff.

Anyway, F***ing over the moooooooon with that win today! Only seen the second half as couldn't find an alehouse in town that had it on. But to have the first win in the league down on paper gives us a stepping stone. We're on our way now reds!!!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #630: Aug 30, 2010 12:03:33 am
      You're funny you. That post I've just quoted is kids stuff.

Anyway, f**king over the moooooooon with that win today! Only seen the second half as couldn't find an alehouse in town that had it on. But to have the first win in the league down on paper gives us a stepping stone. We're on our way now reds!!!!

Missed it all cos internet was sh*t and couldn't get a stream :(

But yes, despite what gazza may think, i am also over the moon! We may have played sh*t, and that needs adressing - but we got the result. Manure and Chelsea didn't win their titles the last few years without winning ugly a few times. The fact that we weren't yet at full strength is also hopefully a sign of better things to come.

Tell ya what, i really am buzzing at the thought of Raul being out there next week!! And maybe another striker by then too!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #631: Aug 30, 2010 01:00:56 am
      They got down our flanks far too easily today and then seemed to cut inside our full backs like they weren't there. Johnson could easily be dropped for Kelly at this time and Skrtel could lose his place to Agger once Koncheskey comes in (or if Aurelio is ever fit enough). Until Kuyt moved over to the left & Maxi came on, we had no width whatsoever. The lack of movement from our attacking players, as it has been for a while now, was atrocious. That wasn't so much a problem when we had Alonso, who could create space for players with his intelligent passing. Too many times we had no option in front of our defensive line/CM because of the static nature of our attacking players.

It comes to something when, apart from the goal, the best creative moments came from the much derided Lucas, who if not for heavy passes from Gerrard, would have in one instance been clean through & in another set Johnson clean down the flank.

We play like this against Birmingham, we'll be lucky to come away with a point.
      miraclez94
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #632: Aug 30, 2010 01:55:06 am
      whoa
      They got down our flanks far too easily today and then seemed to cut inside our full backs like they weren't there. Johnson could easily be dropped for Kelly at this time and Skrtel could lose his place to Agger once Koncheskey comes in (or if Aurelio is ever fit enough). Until Kuyt moved over to the left & Maxi came on, we had no width whatsoever. The lack of movement from our attacking players, as it has been for a while now, was atrocious. That wasn't so much a problem when we had Alonso, who could create space for players with his intelligent passing. Too many times we had no option in front of our defensive line/CM because of the static nature of our attacking players.

It comes to something when, apart from the goal, the best creative moments came from the much derided Lucas, who if not for heavy passes from Gerrard, would have in one instance been clean through & in another set Johnson clean down the flank.

We play like this against Birmingham, we'll be lucky to come away with a point.
      whoa easy. thats not the problem its has norhing to do with the full backs. our wingers were innafective today. they were narrow as usual and jova's firsttouch was also a serious disadvantage
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #633: Aug 30, 2010 02:16:11 am
      Never seen somebody chase the ball and leave their man so much as i did today with Johnson! It is school boy stuff that we're getting wrong. Definitely need a new striker because other than Torres, nobody seemed to be making much of a threat today. Was a boring game to watch just like the game against City was. Starting to think that when Cole's ban is completed that a midfield such as:...

Meireles      Poulsen

Kuyt           Gerrard        Cole

... wouldn't be a bad idea trying out because Cole could prove very useful when he cuts inside sort of like how Adam Johnson does for City even though Cole doesn't hug the line like he does. Jovanovic needs time to get his barings and get a grasp of the pacey Premier League so for now going off his recent performances (apart from the Arsenal game) that he could be used as a sub to use against tired legged defenders.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #634: Aug 30, 2010 03:06:44 am
      I bet none of you own a season ticket

And shame on them. No one could possibly be an LFC supporter in any right if they dont have a season ticket. Those things grow on trees. You're so far up your own arse Im feeling the gravity of the supermassive black hole thats formed where your brain should be.

On the footballing side of things, it was dire. We won which was something but going about it in that way was painful to watch.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #635: Aug 30, 2010 05:43:05 am
      Gerrard playing high up the pitch has not worked for us since Alonso left the club. He is our most skillfull player and needs to be right in the centre of the play to make us tick. All the distribution forward should come through Gerrard, not via Lucas, Poulsen, or from long punts upfield from defenders either.

Why can't managers of this club see that until we get a fabregas, an iniesta, an alonso or a xavi in our midfield, then we need to have our elite playmaker in a position where he can take control and boss the match.
      I was hoping like others that once Aquilani overcame his injury woes he might be the player to play this role, but for some unknown reason this was not to be.

Again, I am happy because we got away with one here, but Hodgson needs to sort it out and get Gerrard into the middle of the park, otherwise we shall continue to play ugly.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #636: Aug 30, 2010 07:43:13 am
      good win, hard fought.

Folk need to realize it could take all season to sort us out, roy has a job to do. He is trying to get ideas accross, we have new players, new systems, etc.  Add to that players coming back late from world cup, and it makes it even harder.

But we have got into europa league, we have signed some good players, lost some good players.  Kept our 2 best players.

So not all bad.

We just need time.

c
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #637: Aug 30, 2010 07:58:01 am
      I bet none of you own a season ticket

Owing a season ticket is only an indication that one has been lucky in that particular lottery. It is no indicator to either the footballing knowledge or, indeed, loyalty of the person who possesses it.

It's painfully obviously that any idiot, who's in the right place at the right time, can own one.

Anyhow.....The game yesterday; our performance was dour and lack-lustre: the result was more than welcome.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #638: Aug 30, 2010 08:20:50 am
      Performance was more than average, Johnson had a horrible game, Skrtel was pushing his luck with some of that marking. Glad Nando netted the goal, does him good for his confidence considering he hasn't scored a goal since March. Looking forward to watching Meireles, for we can get the other Torres in I would be extremely excited for the rest of the season! Glad we still got the result even though we didn't play well, these are the games you have to grind a result out of to be challenging for honours.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #639: Aug 30, 2010 09:23:07 am
      Recorded it. Couldn't watch it live. So I can't really comment on the game much. but I saw the Torres-volley. Lovely goal.
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #640: Aug 30, 2010 09:59:26 am
      And shame on them. No one could possibly be an LFC supporter in any right if they dont have a season ticket. Those things grow on trees. You're so far up your own arse Im feeling the gravity of the supermassive black hole thats formed where your brain should be.

On the footballing side of things, it was dire. We won which was something but going about it in that way was painful to watch.

ahaaaa brilliant :D
      well i live in cardiff so it would be a bit hard for me :D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #641: Aug 30, 2010 10:26:43 am
      Only saw highlights on M.O.T.D. so didn't realy see enough to give an  honest opinion. Just think we should be beating these by 2 or 3 goals. I think they had as many half chances as us. Glad of the 3 points but room for improvment. Need to step up a level next match.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #642: Aug 30, 2010 10:27:33 am
      Never saw enough to vote M.O.T.M. either.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #643: Aug 30, 2010 10:32:59 am
      Only saw highlights on M.O.T.D. so didn't realy see enough to give an  honest opinion. Just think we should be beating these by 2 or 3 goals. I think they had as many half chances as us. Glad of the 3 points but room for improvment. Need to step up a level next match.

And the rest!

Quick Reply