Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (8.9%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (3.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (6.5%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (19.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (12.1%)
      Fernando Torres
      (48.4%)
      Glen Johnson
      (1.6%)

Liverpool 1-0 West Brom: In game and Post Match chat

Read 48798 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,742 posts | 569 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 West Brom: In game and Post Match chat
      Reply #644: Aug 30, 2010 10:39:27 am
      I have just watched the highlights, and thought it was a normal 1-0 home win, Torres could have had a hat trick, we won we have 3 points we move on.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #645: Aug 30, 2010 10:40:54 am
      Even more disapponting than our on-filed performance was Hodgson's post-match interview.Instead of acknowleding our poor performance and horror formation(be it due to the lack of players),he went on ravishing about West Brom's playing style,even calling thema  good PL team.Wake up,Hodgson,this was the team that got beat by Chelsea 6-0.Accept your mistakes and hopefully learn from them.
      thephotoman
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #646: Aug 30, 2010 10:52:28 am
      Underperformed once again. A regular occurance in 2010. The team are very predictable in their playing style and formation. We seem to lack initiative to create something as a unit and too many players appear to rely heavily on someone else to have one magic moment leading to a goal.

I think there have been a large number of changes in the squad and team to expect them to perform as a complete unit from day one. We still lack a second striker, a useful LB and the midfield is pretty much rebuilt around Gerrard.

Against WBA other teams will create chances and put away the goals this season but so what. As a supporter I would happily accept 25 games won by 1-0 this season if it brought about understanding between all the team players, new and old. 3 points is what we wanted. 3 points is what we got.

I would love nothing more than, each game, to have seen the team score 3, 4 or 5 goals but currently that isn't happening so we take the victory and prepare for the next game against Birmingham.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #647: Aug 30, 2010 10:55:37 am
      I'll just refer back to JD's post at half time where he said his eyes were bleeding, that in itself is a reflection of how poor we were in the first 45.

Seriously its nice to get the 3 points and see the improvement in the team for the last half hour of match.

However I will say that has glossed over how poor we were for the first 60 minutes of the match playing at Anfield in front of our fans against a newly promoted team who had conceded 6 goals against Chelsea, in some peoples eyes.

Were all happy about 3 points and the win as I said, but if our team goes out and plays like that against the Tottenhams and Villa's of this world, never mind the Chelsea's and United's, we are going to get trounced.

Yes we've got players returning from suspension (Cole), new players yet to play (Meirles, maybe Knochesky, maybe even a new striker ?), players still adapting to the league (Jova, Poulsensen, then obviously add new additions such as Meirles or any one else who arrives), but we have got a long way to go in improving our performances.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #648: Aug 30, 2010 11:55:59 am
      End of the day Gazza, people are looking at the similarities of how we set up last season and how we played last season in comparisons to this season.

To be fair there is not a lot of difference we are still set up the same and we are still not playing fluid attacking football and at the moment our central midfield and left wing is in actual fact weaker than it was last year.

So whilst I respect your opinion, stop calling people glory hunters and telling people to get off their arse and support the f**king team when all they are doing is voicing their concerns.

You can still support the team and pick out faults and air your concerns about them, f**k me I've supported LFC for about 25/26 years, does it make me a glory supporter for saying our midfield lacked creativity and the ability to be productive with the ball in the time it was in our possession or does it make a realist, who's assessed the football on display properley ?

Totally agreed. 25/26 years, you must have gone through those all conquering years. I can fully understand your opinion where we had a much much better side than we have now. Yes, very sad, we are a pale shadow of the great Liverpool sides of the 70s and 80s that played fluid and attacking football.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2010 12:05:50 pm by redkop63 »
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #649: Aug 30, 2010 12:34:18 pm
      Anyone got the highlights?
      Missed the game :-[
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #650: Aug 30, 2010 01:32:26 pm
      What a F***ing fabulous goal!!!!! I even rewound it and made the misses watch a couple times :-)

I didn’t think we played the best that we can, I keep saying to the lads in the office that Roy needs time to get the payers to play his way and I think after the time that Rafa was here we still have the same mentality and it will take time to adapt to Roys way, but I'll take the win any day, made up that we won, and made up that Torres scored!!! I must say that I prefer Kuyt on the left where he crossed the ball to Torres, his cross is much better when he can cut back on his right.

I'm hoping and praying this is the start of things going from strength to strength and getting better for us.

YNWA
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #651: Aug 30, 2010 01:35:17 pm
      http://premtube.com/

MOTD highlights
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #652: Aug 30, 2010 08:35:49 pm
      Owing a season ticket is only an indication that one has been lucky in that particular lottery. It is no indicator to either the footballing knowledge or, indeed, loyalty of the person who possesses it.

It's painfully obviously that any idiot, who's in the right place at the right time, can own one.

Anyhow.....The game yesterday; our performance was dour and lack-lustre: the result was more than welcome.

I DON"T have a season's ticket though your comments brought up a great memory. I was at a Spurs / Pool match eons ago and a kid called Kevin Keegan had just been signed. Pure magic. Ran from goalpost to goalpost and didn't huff and puff. Unadultared magic. The guy/ "bloke" standing next to me asked if I was a supporter ( the game was in London) and I said, yes, of course. " How long have you been a season ticket holder?" he asked and I told him I'd never been to Anfield ( I was 14 and in Boarding School in Basingsoke , Hampshire). He relied, "F**k of. you are not a supporter, you are "just another fan". How right he was. The Liverpool fans at this away match were " LOUDER" and more boisterous than the Spurs fans. Liverppool, it's in your blood or not. YNWA
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #653: Aug 30, 2010 08:40:30 pm
      I DON"T have a season's ticket though your comments brought up a great memory. I was at a Spurs / Pool match eons ago and a kid called Kevin Keegan had just been signed. Pure magic. Ran from goalpost to goalpost and didn't huff and puff. Unadultared magic. The guy/ "bloke" standing next to me asked if I was a supporter ( the game was in London) and I said, yes, of course. " How long have you been a season ticket holder?" he asked and I told him I'd never been to Anfield ( I was 14 and in Boarding School in Basingsoke , Hampshire). He relied, "F**k of. you are not a supporter, you are "just another fan". How right he was. The Liverpool fans at this away match were " LOUDER" and more boisterous than the Spurs fans. Liverppool, it's in your blood or not. YNW
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #654: Aug 30, 2010 09:06:48 pm
      Totally agreed. 25/26 years, you must have gone through those all conquering years. I can fully understand your opinion where we had a much much better side than we have now. Yes, very sad, we are a pale shadow of the great Liverpool sides of the 70s and 80s that played fluid and attacking football.

Jesus mate, My first memories of Liverpool FC was standing (long before all seater stadiums) in the Kop with my Dad, well I was actually stood on the white crush barriers at about 6 years of age watching Liverpool out play out class and out score any one who dared to put 11 in front of us. :)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #655: Aug 31, 2010 09:23:06 am
      Anyone know why Carra was having a go at Kuyt at the end of the match.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #656: Aug 31, 2010 09:35:51 am
      Anyone know why Carra was having a go at Kuyt at the end of the match.

Cause he's a fooking nut case ? ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #657: Aug 31, 2010 09:37:18 am
      Well that's a given.
      Just saw Carra mid-roar grabbing Kuyt, while Kuyt pulled a WTF face
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #658: Aug 31, 2010 09:40:30 am
      No Idea mate but I'd imagine it was something to do with his performance.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #659: Aug 31, 2010 09:43:03 am
      No Idea mate but I'd imagine it was something to do with his performance.

Carra will have no voice by the end of the season so...
      Unless Kuyt starts to pull his finger out. Thought he was better on the left, but I'd rather see Dani there now TBH
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #660: Aug 31, 2010 10:36:08 am
      konchesky's coming in mind, so skrtel should be back on the bench in no time :)
      Have to agree.Skrtel is such a liability,he will if allowed be costing us through penalties and fouls.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #661: Aug 31, 2010 10:51:28 am
      What a F***ing fabulous goal!!!!! I even rewound it and made the misses watch a couple times :-)

I didn’t think we played the best that we can, I keep saying to the lads in the office that Roy needs time to get the payers to play his way and I think after the time that Rafa was here we still have the same mentality and it will take time to adapt to Roys way, but I'll take the win any day, made up that we won, and made up that Torres scored!!! I must say that I prefer Kuyt on the left where he crossed the ball to Torres, his cross is much better when he can cut back on his right.

I'm hoping and praying this is the start of things going from strength to strength and getting better for us.

YNWA
      Been playing it back as well that cross from Kuyt was a blinder - inch perfect and floated over to perfection, goal of the season contender.

Quick Reply