Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

La Liga

Read 357301 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: La Liga
      Reply #2438: Oct 28, 2023 07:31:25 pm
      A once in a generation opportunity. He's the complete package. He's been doing the business for dortmund both domestically and in the CL. He's on another level now.

That goal output from midfield adds so much to a team. But his general play, influence, domination of midfield ... his assists and defensive work make him the real deal even without 14 goals in 16 games. An absolute steel.

You lads may well of been top of table if he had gone to you lot with those stats  😂
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,051 posts | 2103 
      Reply #2439: Oct 28, 2023 11:53:18 pm
      With Bellingham and Kane in the form they are, anything less than Euro champions for England will be a failure.

Absolutely no hiding place for Southgate.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2440: Oct 29, 2023 12:06:35 am
      With Bellingham and Kane in the form they are, anything less than Euro champions for England will be a failure.

Like I’ve said Frankly, we have a side capable of winning the World Cup but a very very suspect manager 🤦‍♂️
      Stoertebembel
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | 64 
      Reply #2441: Oct 29, 2023 08:54:12 am
      You lads may well of been top of table if he had gone to you lot with those stats  😂
      It was the biggest mistake for decades of us not to go all in for Jude.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #2442: Oct 29, 2023 10:46:00 am

Not a mistake, if we already knew Madrid were interested in him. I imagine Madrid had that move boxed as soon as the world cup ended.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #2443: Oct 29, 2023 11:00:51 am
      Bellingham, (like 99.9% of players) was always going to go to RM once his personal finances (wages) were agreed. I wish we could stop referring to him as the one that got away...he unsurprisingly preferred to go to the biggest club in World football and there's literally nothing we could have done to change that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #2444: Oct 29, 2023 11:06:10 am
      Bellingham, (like 99.9% of players) was always going to go to RM once his personal finances (wages) were agreed. I wish we could stop referring to him as the one that got away...he unsurprisingly preferred to go to the biggest club in World football and there's literally nothing we could have done to change that.

But found a very good option instead.

It's why I liken it to the Mo situation. He wasn't first option, but what he has done in a red shirt has been breathtaking, that it makes you go "Julian who"

If Dom us even close to that why should we give a F**k about Bellingham.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #2445: Oct 29, 2023 02:31:26 pm

After a year long charm offensive maybe if we'd offered 85m that would have been a start. As it was we did fcuk all and just leaked it out to the press he was too expensive and then Madrid moved in. And just to rub the salt in after deciding a generational talent was too expensive at 85m we carried on, did our business and then offered 115m for caicedo.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #2446: Oct 29, 2023 04:58:32 pm
      After a year long charm offensive maybe if we'd offered 85m that would have been a start. As it was we did fcuk all and just leaked it out to the press he was too expensive and then Madrid moved in.

Madrid don't just move in, during that charm offensive which completely had F**k all to do with the actual club, how many times do you think Madrid had conversations telling him wage, plus bonuses etc etc, so by the time we were supposedly offering £85 million that would of got us laughed at by Dortmund
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #2447: Oct 29, 2023 05:07:16 pm
      Madrid don't just move in, during that charm offensive which completely had F**k all to do with the actual club, how many times do you think Madrid had conversations telling him wage, plus bonuses etc etc, so by the time we were supposedly offering £85 million that would of got us laughed at by Dortmund

Is that the same laughing Dortmund that sold him for 85m plus addons.

The charm offensive with Henderson and Trent was clear to see for a long period of time. And it wasn't an accident. And we did nothing in the summer of 2022 because we wanted him ...

I should probably move on from Jude though eh. Dead duck now.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #2448: Oct 29, 2023 05:07:41 pm
      After a year long charm offensive maybe if we'd offered 85m that would have been a start. As it was we did fcuk all and just leaked it out to the press he was too expensive and then Madrid moved in. And just to rub the salt in after deciding a generational talent was too expensive at 85m we carried on, did our business and then offered 115m for caicedo.
      What exactly is the point of bringing up all these if's and maybe's?.....seriously he plays for another club..TBH...I'm fed up hearing about him
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #2449: Oct 29, 2023 05:10:00 pm
      Is that the same laughing Dortmund that sold him for 85m plus addons.

And what do those add ons add up to? Then throw in his wages. We couldn't F***ing afford him.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #2450: Oct 29, 2023 05:21:43 pm
      Surely people are still not crying about Bellingham ffs  :mad:
      Stoertebembel
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | 64 
      Reply #2451: Oct 29, 2023 08:00:58 pm
      right. That´s what I mean. If Jude would have got the much better salery in Madrid, okay.
      But we didn´t even try to really get him. Saying very earlly, no, way to expensive.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2452: Oct 29, 2023 08:14:17 pm
      Surely people are still not crying about Bellingham ffs  :mad:

Surely people can post what they want without you moaning about it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #2453: Oct 29, 2023 08:14:30 pm
      right. That´s what I mean. If Jude would have got the much better salery in Madrid, okay.
      But we didn´t even try to really get him. Saying very earlly, no, way to expensive.

We needed more than one player

It was clear we had about £100mil to spend and we needed at least 3 players

So the club decided instead of blowing most of that they would bring in Gary Mac and Dom to start with

It was only when Fabinho and Henderson left that more money went into the coffers

Bellingham didn’t come to us - he isn’t the first and won’t be the last

Instead we got - Gary Mac, Dom , Endo and Gravenburch and we are looking very refreshed

It’s time to move on - Bellingham has had a great start - so have the likes of Dom , Gravenburch for us
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,420 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 833 posts | 298 
      Reply #2455: Oct 30, 2023 12:39:31 pm

Bellingham and Kane fit nicely into Southgate's preferred formation of 4-2-3-1. Kane as the 9, Bellingham as the 10 and then Rashford, Saka, whomever as the wingers. That's a very good attacking front 4.

I think England's problem is the CBs, don't really have 2 who are world class. I think he probably needs to play 2 DMs (Rice and Philips/Henderson) to protect them.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,000 posts | 223 
      Reply #2456: Nov 22, 2023 10:05:35 pm
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 127 
      Reply #2457: Nov 22, 2023 10:43:01 pm

I was in the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium in 2014 when they had just completed 'La Decima'. It was already impressive back then. I can only imagine what it's like now. I must revisit.....
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #2458: Nov 27, 2023 10:21:44 am
      Jude Bellingham now has 14 goals in 15 games from midfield. This is the highest tally in Madrid history for a player in their first 15 games.

Generational player at a steel of a price. High level theft. What's he worth in the market today?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2459: Nov 27, 2023 10:45:20 am
      the engineering is awesome. fair play to them.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #2460: Feb 11, 2024 04:30:54 am
      Bellingham now has more goals in a season than any Madrid midfielder this century after 2 more goals yesterday. What a player.

Quick Reply