Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

La Liga

Read 354280 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: La Liga
      Reply #1886: May 14, 2018 02:32:39 am
      Reading the past few posts made me want to check out the highlights. My one question after watching that is: how could Barcelona go that long undefeated? Their defense looked awful on most of the Levante goals, as in high school material.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1887: May 14, 2018 02:32:55 am
      Oh and F**k Coutinho.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1888: May 14, 2018 07:39:38 am
      Reading the past few posts made me want to check out the highlights. My one question after watching that is: how could Barcelona go that long undefeated? Their defense looked awful on most of the Levante goals, as in high school material.

Makeshift back 4 against one of the league's form team and a complacent attitude
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1889: May 14, 2018 10:41:42 am
      Part of Coutinho must be wondering what he’s signed up to with that mob. F**k them just wish we’d got the chance to destroy them in the CL
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1890: May 14, 2018 10:55:34 am
      Part of Coutinho must be wondering what he’s signed up to with that mob. F**k them just wish we’d got the chance to destroy them in the CL

Real Madrid this year then we can hopefully destroy Barca next year.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1891: May 14, 2018 11:31:04 am
      Ha Barca have the chance to go the whole La Liga season unbeaten, on the cusp of making history. Game 37, minnows Levante turn up and smash 5 past them. Shame it didn’t happen in game 38 though :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1892: May 14, 2018 12:10:58 pm
      how could Barcelona go that long undefeated? 

Messi!!

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1893: May 20, 2018 06:51:39 pm
      Torres has got 2 in his last At.Madrid game,yellow card for celebrating with the fans,2-2 screamer for Eibar,good game.
      « Last Edit: May 20, 2018 07:00:08 pm by Boston not la »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1894: May 22, 2018 11:20:30 pm
      Huesca promoted to la liga for the first time.https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44210323.Could say Huesca due right?A celebrated summer.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1895: May 31, 2018 12:29:44 pm
      Zidane has resigned from Madrid.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1896: May 31, 2018 01:12:42 pm

The lengths people go to to avoid Ramos!

I'd actually forgotten that he won the league with them, stats wise it really is impressive but it will be very interesting to see how he gets on without the infinite funds of Real Madrid.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1897: May 31, 2018 01:38:43 pm
      The lengths people go to to avoid Ramos!

I'd actually forgotten that he won the league with them, stats wise it really is impressive but it will be very interesting to see how he gets on without the infinite funds of Real Madrid.

Ha!

I think that had he not won the CL he’d have been sacked given how far behind they were in the league. He knows the chances are probably slim of winning it for a 4th year, leaving now before he gets sacked in a years time, keep his legacy in tact. Especially with this Bale and Ronaldo stuff starting to emerge.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1898: May 31, 2018 01:53:01 pm

Crazy isn't it?

I guess there's nothing like going out on top. I wonder if the possibility of that team losing it's biggest names has him wondering whether he wants to deal with "rebuilding" (should Bale and Ronaldo bolt) or does he not like working with such big egos?
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #1899: May 31, 2018 02:13:32 pm
      I still couldn't believe it!
      I think Zidane doesn't enjoy working as a manager of a football club, despite winning several cups and being blessed with so many class players. There are people who can do it well despite not really "loving" what they are doing, but without "love", once you achieved so many things, eventually you ask yourself why you keep doing it.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #1900: May 31, 2018 02:44:18 pm
      Crazy isn't it?

I guess there's nothing like going out on top. I wonder if the possibility of that team losing it's biggest names has him wondering whether he wants to deal with "rebuilding" (should Bale and Ronaldo bolt) or does he not like working with such big egos?

Apparently he was close to signing a new contract and when asked if he would have stayed had they lost the final, he seems to have said "I don't know, maybe."
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1901: May 31, 2018 03:59:02 pm
      Apparently he was close to signing a new contract and when asked if he would have stayed had they lost the final, he seems to have said "I don't know, maybe."

He actually signed a new deal and when questioned he said it means nothing..I think he realised that winning 3 in a row will never be repeated by another manager at the club, has an ageing squad with most players 30+, struggled in the league, so better I go out on his terms that being another sacking stat by Perez.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #1902: May 31, 2018 04:11:19 pm
      He actually signed a new deal and when questioned he said it means nothing..I think he realised that winning 3 in a row will never be repeated by another manager at the club, has an ageing squad with most players 30+, struggled in the league, so better I go out on his terms that being another sacking stat by Perez.

Yeah, mate. I think this is a great decision. Better go out on a high and his legacy is already sealed. If somebody is going to look back after 30 years, they will probably think Zidane was some legendary manager.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1903: May 31, 2018 04:27:20 pm
      Got bored of winning the Champions League.. ?

I know winning is winning, but there's got to be something pitiful about having a team full of stars, and loaded with money, so winning is just so standard. Even with that.. the league stats were awful. Where's the tactical genius?

He's lucky Ramos assassinated Salah. There were already rumblings about him, so he may not have survived the loss.

Now he gets to walk and will be considered the greatest manager..

Interesting to see who replaces him now. So long as Bale and Ronaldo stay (i.e. so neither go to Utd) then I really don't care.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1904: May 31, 2018 04:33:59 pm

I know winning is winning, but there's got to be something pitiful about having a team full of stars, and loaded with money, so winning is just so standard. Even with that.. the league stats were awful. Where's the tactical genius?

He's lucky Ramos assassinated Salah. There were already rumblings about him, so he may not have survived the loss.

Now he gets to walk and will be considered the greatest manager..

Interesting to see who replaces him now. So long as Bale and Ronaldo stay (i.e. so neither go to Utd) then I really don't care.

Rafa was bought in to bring in fresh blood, but an agenda from the off was in place against Rafa...Perez wanted a complete rebuild & get shot of the vocal players in the dressing room...Perez bottled it and sacked Rafa & save himself, 3 CL & 1 title since will be a heavy price for Madrid & Perez to pay for not moving on players...
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #1905: Jun 01, 2018 07:11:51 am

Don't think he ever claimed to be a tactical genius though. His strengths are in man management, he commands respect because of what he achieved as a player and at the time it was the perfect fit for Madrid.

He doesn't strike me as someone who'll have an extensive managerial career. I remember reading something about him only wanting to manage Madrid and France. In terms of the former there's nothing left for him to achieve.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #1906: Jun 04, 2018 08:08:51 am
      Buvac to Madrid...you heard it here first.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1907: Jun 04, 2018 10:20:21 am
      Buvac to Madrid...you heard it here first.

I doubt many top managers will want the job after they've won 3 CL's on the bounce with an ageing squad.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1908: Jun 04, 2018 10:59:15 am
      I doubt many top managers will want the job after they've won 3 CL's on the bounce with an ageing squad.

You don't half say some daft sh*te you

I bet any top manager (without major Barca links) would take that job at the drop of a hat

Quick Reply