Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Fernando Torres LFC Player Thread

Read 432927 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Fernando Torres Player Thread
      Reply #3772: Jan 23, 2011 02:25:39 am
      Your probably right Shane, i wouldn't be surprised at all. He looks a different player under Kenny.

A lot of the players do.

It would be easier for Nando to play this way as the team are playing to his strenghts now too, involving him in the build up play and letting him take on players as opposed to chasing long balls and lost causes.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #3773: Jan 23, 2011 02:30:56 am
      Agree, did you watch MOTD? they showed how our midfield supported Nando in every attack, it was a breath of fresh air. Hodgson really was a disaster but the media wont admit that. Kenny in charge has lifted everyone.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #3774: Jan 23, 2011 02:32:44 am
      25 goals this season is now fairly realistic I think. Brilliant Nando.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #3775: Jan 23, 2011 02:35:49 am
      I did indeed, although half heartedly, on here and facebook and watching it! multi-tasking :D

I'm sure Torres loves that play much more anyways, much more akin to Spain to where players played for each other and the badge. It is much easier to play in a team that knows why they are playing together and what they are playing for than one with aimless tactics.

The British media in my eyes are a bit of a joke, Darren Bent is overpriced as a result of it, granted he has a great record, but overpriced, and possibly drove up the price of Suarez as a result. Also they way MOTD said that the day belong to Bent today out of all the strikers, what a joke, RVP got 3, Berba got 3, Torres got 2 and kenny got his win!
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #3776: Jan 23, 2011 02:44:50 am
      I did indeed, although half heartedly, on here and facebook and watching it! multi-tasking :D

I'm sure Torres loves that play much more anyways, much more akin to Spain to where players played for each other and the badge. It is much easier to play in a team that knows why they are playing together and what they are playing for than one with aimless tactics.

The British media in my eyes are a bit of a joke, Darren Bent is overpriced as a result of it, granted he has a great record, but overpriced, and possibly drove up the price of Suarez as a result. Also they way MOTD said that the day belong to Bent today out of all the strikers, what a joke, RVP got 3, Berba got 3, Torres got 2 and kenny got his win!
      I was the same, had all 3 on.

I was saying to my mate while watching it, you could see a massive difference in our setup. Every time we attacked it was in 3 ,4 or even 5 players going forward. Under The dinosaur it was non existent.

Bent is a good player and his goal scoring record proves it but at the end of the day Lineker is Blueshite and he was no way going to give Kenny credit. They wanked on about poor west Ham than they did about us. Used to it now, I just laugh to myself and say 5 TIMES!!!

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #3777: Jan 23, 2011 02:48:39 am
      I had to laugh when Alan Hansen asked him would he rather win the league or score 30 goals! Was reading Kenny's book (not yours, Dalglish's :D) the other night and he was saying how one year Lineker was coring goals for fun yet Liverpool won the league :D

Fair play to Maxi, Kuyt + Merieles though, they did dupport Torres well and I think he enjoyed that, he wasen't isolated, but he brought them into the game well too.
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2011 02:55:18 am by little-Luis:), Reason: spelling »
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #3778: Jan 23, 2011 02:59:33 am
      I had to laugh when Alan Hansey asked him would he rather win the league or score 30 goals! Was reading Kenny's book (not yours, Dalglish's :D) the other night and he was saying how one year Lineker was coring goals for fun yet Liverpool won the league :D

Fair play to Maxi, Kuyt + Merieles though, they did dupport Torres well and I think he enjoyed that, he wasen't isolated, but he brought them into the game well too.
      Lineker is a clown, they should replace him with Phil Thompson. Now that would be unreal.

Ye the support to Nando was a joy to watch but at times i was begging for a winger with pace(A.Young) To tire them to shreds at times. Suarez and Young would be a dream come true.

I cant wait for Wednesday, i have a feeling Suarez will be signed up by then. Maybe not playing but he'll be in the crowd.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #3779: Jan 23, 2011 03:05:37 am
      Lineker is a clown, they should replace him with Phil Thompson. Now that would be unreal.

Ye the support to Nando was a joy to watch but at times i was begging for a winger with pace(A.Young) To tire them to shreds at times. Suarez and Young would be a dream come true.

I cant wait for Wednesday, i have a feeling Suarez will be signed up by then. Maybe not playing but he'll be in the crowd.
      Lineker is only a soft pr**k, remember the time he shat himself against Ireland ;)

I'd take Suarez anytime before the end of January, obviously before Wednesday would be nice :) That Mido interview has really heightened my belief he will!

We havent seen an attacking game of 90mins like we did today in a long long time. It's good to have it back :)
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #3780: Jan 23, 2011 03:12:39 am
      Lineker is only a soft pr**k, remember the time he shat himself against Ireland ;)

I'd take Suarez anytime before the end of January, obviously before Wednesday would be nice :) That Mido interview has really heightened my belief he will!

We havent seen an attacking game of 90mins like we did today in a long long time. It's good to have it back :)
      Of course i remember, I'm sure he does aswell :D

That Mido interview is getting around now, a lot of people are translating it into more or less the same thing. He's ours. ;)
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #3781: Jan 23, 2011 01:29:08 pm
      Mmmmwwwwaaahhhhh!  :-*

I dont love you for nothing Nando!  ;)
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #3782: Jan 23, 2011 01:46:55 pm
      he's back :)
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #3783: Jan 23, 2011 02:27:45 pm
      Nando always looks hot .... but he's definitely improving form since Kenny took the helm , hopefully he'll be banging in more goals this season. As sad as I am to see the very sexy short hair on him go away , I'll take him scoring goals any day ! 
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #3784: Jan 23, 2011 02:36:07 pm
      Three in three now. Even almost scored against Everton.

At least 18 in 18 anyone? :)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #3785: Jan 23, 2011 02:45:45 pm
      It is like this; Nando like all our more skillful, attack-minded, players will shine now that the shackles of an antiquated, rigid system has been lifted. ...Yes, I'm afraid it really is as simple as that.

Only apologists for Hodgson and his friends in the media refused to see that. They had pinned their colours to the mast of a sinking ship and their pride wouldn't let them admit they were wrong. Instead of looking at the root cause they chose to cast aspersions on our better footballers.

Anyhow: Onwards and upwards with the best centre-forward in world football. Fernando Torres, Liverpool's number nine.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #3786: Jan 23, 2011 02:50:56 pm
      It is like this; Nando like all our more skillful, attack-minded, players will shine now that the shackles of an antiquated, rigid system has been lifted. ...Yes, I'm afraid it really is as simple as that.

Only apologists for Hodgson and his friends in the media refused to see that. They had pinned their colours to the mast of a sinking ship and their pride wouldn't let them admit they were wrong. Instead of looking at the root cause they chose to cast aspersions on our better footballers.

Anyhow: Onwards and upwards with the best centre-forward in world football. Fernando Torres, Liverpool's number nine.

well said and fecking true :)
      jonshiels
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #3787: Jan 24, 2011 01:13:07 am
      That Mido interview is getting around now, a lot of people are translating it into more or less the same thing. He's (Suarez) ours. ;)

I hope so. I really, really hope so. He's a real finisher.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #3788: Jan 24, 2011 01:14:22 am
      You can tell how much he respects Kenny simply by his change in attitude over the last few games.

Different player, fantastic.
      m4Rco
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • 'cause you said the brains I had went to my head.
      Reply #3789: Jan 24, 2011 01:38:03 am
      God damnit, he's the best striker in the world and he loves us as much as we love him. We're lucky to have such a player in our squad.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #3790: Jan 24, 2011 02:23:56 am
      You could tell his respect for kenny when he did the interview with him a few years ago.

Even more recently when kenny took him off against united, he gave him a good stern look into his eyes.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3791: Jan 24, 2011 02:35:03 am
      He's back.

Watch out ;D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #3792: Jan 24, 2011 05:41:06 am
      I hope Hodgson was watching yesterday.

F***ing love it Nando!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3793: Jan 24, 2011 08:52:28 am
      Only a cuple of weeks ago people questioned his commitment.

Bullshine, he just wasn't being utilised properly, and being made to play like a target man. Now we have movement from the midfield, we are seeing the best of him once more.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #3794: Jan 24, 2011 12:30:12 pm
      Boss delight at Torres form

Kenny Dalglish today praised the form of Fernando Torres - but revealed how he hopes the Spaniard's best is still yet to come.

Torres struck twice in Saturday's 3-0 victory over Wolves at Molineux to take his tally for the season so far to nine in the Barclays Premier League and leave the boss delighted with his contribution.

"Certainly since I have come in here he has been nothing short of fantastic for us in the way he has applied himself in training and on the pitch," Dalglish told reporters at Melwood.

"Apart from his goals, he's worked tirelessly upfront to try and help us. I can only - and will only - assess what he's done since we've come in, and we've been absolutely delighted with him and the other players as well."

Dalglish believes Torres's form is indicative of the current mood amongst the squad.

And the manager is pleased with the determination and unity his players have displayed in attempting to raise their performances.

He added: "I hope his (Torres's) best is yet to come.

"We've done training the way we think training should be done. There has never been any doubt about many of the player's abilities here and there wasn't any doubt that they weren't doing as well as they were capable of doing.

"Fernando comes into the same bracket as many others - that they're doing better now than they were before and more like their old selves than they were before, which is a great credit to them.

"When things aren't going as well as they could do for a football club and for individuals, it's very difficult to turn it around - but they've turned it around and it's great credit to them."

Dalglish continued: "As I've said before, we stick as one. We need their (the fans) help at times and we've got to help them at times. If we go forward together, we should be alright.

"Together, we will move forward - as individuals we won't get anywhere, so we'll stick together as a unit and will concentrate on our football club and see what benefit that brings us."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/boss-delight-at-torres-form
      The sentence in bold tells alot, doesn't it?

Such a shame Kenny hadn't taken over after 10 matches because we really could have saved the season and be in a much better position.

Quick Reply