Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Transfer deadline day gossip

Read 41589 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Transfer deadline day gossip
      Aug 31, 2010 07:30:31 am
      I thought it could be useful to have a deadline day thread, so we can discuss all the latest rumours of the transfer window in one place instead of reading/posting many threads at the same time.

I really love last minute transfers and all that deadline day madness :D I'm already reading the BBC live text: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8954459.stm

First mentions about Liverpool:

0651: Arguably the name of the day award has already been wrapped up, with Utrecht's Celtic nemesis  Ricky van Wolfswinkel reportedly on the brink of a move to Newcastle -   though Liverpool are rumoured to be interested too.

0722: Lots of Liverpool fans out there desperate to sign a striker today, aren't there? Names mentioned so far include West Ham's Carlton Cole, Athletic Bilbao hitman Fernando Llorente and misfiring Bayern Munich finisher Mario Gomez. And now Anon via text reckons Darren Bent will move to Anfield just as soon as Asamoah Gyan puts pen to paper for the Black Cats...

If the mods think it's a pointless thread feel free to lock this.  ;)
      « Last Edit: Aug 31, 2010 10:11:11 am by JD »
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Re: Transfer deadline day
      Reply #1: Aug 31, 2010 07:35:50 am
      Nah please dont lock it.This could be good fun and anyways the madness is going to last only 1 day.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #2: Aug 31, 2010 07:37:46 am
      Yes quality topic, i love the silly season its a highlight of the year.
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #3: Aug 31, 2010 07:39:19 am
      I think this is a good idea as we know we're most likely in for one player, a striker and we're probably in discussions with a few clubs to ensure one deal comes off.  So there will be rumours flying about everywhere. 

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Transfer deadline day gossip
      Reply #4: Aug 31, 2010 07:40:04 am
      I've amended the title somewhat.

Any gossip or general chit chat can live in here.

Anything with a decent source or proper articles, could you please post in the relevant threads for players. Some people may want to avoid chat today in search of some firm confirmations.

Thanks.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #5: Aug 31, 2010 08:42:34 am
      craptalk isn't very reliable so I'll post this here rather than the player threads concerned :

http://www.craptalk.co.uk/201008302696/Liverpool-FC-News/bilbao-reject-liverpools-llorente-offer-report.html
      30 August 2010

Spanish outfit Bilbao have rejected an offer from Liverpool for their striker Fernando Llorente according to local media reports in Spain.

Radio Euskadi claim that Bilbao are willing to continue negotiations with the Reds for the player but that an initial bid has been turned down. Details of that bid are sketchy but there are rumours that we offered cash plus defender Emiliano Insua following talks this weekend and an initial enquiry 2 weeks ago.

There are reports in the UK that claim that our interest in the player "is all over the Spanish press" but this isn't true. The craptalk editor is in Spain and he has glanced over today's papers and couldn't see anything, although he's a useless git at times so don't hesitate to correct us if he's missed something.

craptalk sources claim the Reds are interested in Llorente but were quick to stress this morning (see our earlier article), that such a deal could prove to be complicated. Any deals involving players going in the other direction can be hard to broker for starters and there's not just one medical to be concerned about. There's the player's valuation to consider and the time in which Liverpool have to work to try and conclude a deal.

It is claimed that Liverpool scouts were in attendance at the Jose Rico Perez Stadium to see Llorente score against Hercules on Saturday.

Reports suggest that Bilbao won't allow Llorente to be sold unless they land a replacement first so you'd have to assume that Llorente will miss out on a dream move to England and that Liverpool will have to turn back to Carlton Cole or someone else, now that the transfer window is about to slam shut.

With David Ngog having withdrawn from the France Under 21 squad with a hamstring injury, it's definitely squeaky bum time for Reds boss Roy Hodgson.

However, we're informed that managing director Christian Purslow is hard at work and that the medical team are all on standby for some double-pay.

Meanwhile craptalk has been informed that Liverpool have received several loan enquiries today for a number of fringe players.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #6: Aug 31, 2010 09:28:37 am
      Diego LFC 

Ricky van Wolfswinkel reportedly on the brink of a move to Newcastle -   though Liverpool are rumoured to be interested too.

Sign him up Roy, I want one of these.

__ingo
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 122 posts |
      • Brazilian Red ;)
      Reply #7: Aug 31, 2010 09:44:22 am
      0942: One website is suggesting that  Tottenham are now in the hunt for Liverpool forward Ryan Babel after attempts to sign Luis Fabiano, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Emmanuel Adebayor and Guiseppe Rossi all fell through.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: Aug 31, 2010 09:55:36 am
      We've been linked to Darren Bent and i know for a fact Roy has made an enquiry.

What i don't know is their answer.
      waclander
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #9: Aug 31, 2010 10:02:00 am
      http://www.liverpool-rumours.co.uk/

Check this out for the funniest rumors around first one on it just states Aguero to be revealed no source no info
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #10: Aug 31, 2010 10:02:44 am
      I do want Bent him and Torres with Ngog back up would be great.

Insua is off to Galatarsary (sp) according to Twitter
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #11: Aug 31, 2010 10:05:46 am
      craptalk isn't very reliable so I'll post this here rather than the player threads concerned :

http://www.craptalk.co.uk/201008302696/Liverpool-FC-News/bilbao-reject-liverpools-llorente-offer-report.html
      30 August 2010

Spanish outfit Bilbao have rejected an offer from Liverpool for their striker Fernando Llorente according to local media reports in Spain.

Radio Euskadi claim that Bilbao are willing to continue negotiations with the Reds for the player but that an initial bid has been turned down. Details of that bid are sketchy but there are rumours that we offered cash plus defender Emiliano Insua following talks this weekend and an initial enquiry 2 weeks ago.

There are reports in the UK that claim that our interest in the player "is all over the Spanish press" but this isn't true. The craptalk editor is in Spain and he has glanced over today's papers and couldn't see anything, although he's a useless git at times so don't hesitate to correct us if he's missed something.

craptalk sources claim the Reds are interested in Llorente but were quick to stress this morning (see our earlier article), that such a deal could prove to be complicated. Any deals involving players going in the other direction can be hard to broker for starters and there's not just one medical to be concerned about. There's the player's valuation to consider and the time in which Liverpool have to work to try and conclude a deal.

It is claimed that Liverpool scouts were in attendance at the Jose Rico Perez Stadium to see Llorente score against Hercules on Saturday.

Reports suggest that Bilbao won't allow Llorente to be sold unless they land a replacement first so you'd have to assume that Llorente will miss out on a dream move to England and that Liverpool will have to turn back to Carlton Cole or someone else, now that the transfer window is about to slam shut.

With David Ngog having withdrawn from the France Under 21 squad with a hamstring injury, it's definitely squeaky bum time for Reds boss Roy Hodgson.

However, we're informed that managing director Christian Purslow is hard at work and that the medical team are all on standby for some double-pay.

Meanwhile craptalk has been informed that Liverpool have received several loan enquiries today for a number of fringe players.

Too right it isn't reliable, gets all its Liverpool stories from the s*n and the the fella who runs it wants F***ing shooting, F**k it off!!
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #12: Aug 31, 2010 10:06:07 am

Insua is off to Galatarsary (sp) according to Twitter

hopefully part of a deal with turan ;)
      to be honest, however much i like the sound of van wolfswinkel and toivenen - we need someone proven in the top leagues. bent would be perfect in my eyes.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #13: Aug 31, 2010 10:06:27 am
      Plessis off to Panothikoas or how ever you spell it
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #14: Aug 31, 2010 10:07:49 am
      Would have Bent over C.Cole any day.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #15: Aug 31, 2010 10:09:28 am
      To be honest, i don't want Bent right now.

I really rate him and think he'd be great but he's English, scores goals, is Sunderland's main man and his price will triple considering it's deadline day.

Wouldn't be surprised if Roy is forced away thanks to a 20m+ price tag.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #16: Aug 31, 2010 10:10:21 am
      Bent went for 15m right?

I don't think he would leave as he is a 15+ season striker which we need.
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #17: Aug 31, 2010 10:12:16 am
      if we can get him for less than £15million, then grab him. but if not, find someone good. aka NOT carlton cole.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #18: Aug 31, 2010 10:12:35 am
      This thread is going to be a huge disappointment.
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 31, 2010 10:13:31 am

were you hoping for farfetched rumours?
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #20: Aug 31, 2010 10:13:35 am

But also great fun :D

Just like our season where we come 3rd!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #21: Aug 31, 2010 10:14:23 am
      He went for 10m initially. Additional payment options could push it up to 16.5m.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #22: Aug 31, 2010 10:15:52 am
       MOgdenTelegraph

Man City have had no contact with Liverpool over Santa Cruz.

Quick Reply