Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Transfer deadline day gossip

Read 41587 times
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Re: Transfer deadline day gossip
      Reply #621: Sep 01, 2010 12:11:39 am
      Free agents can be signed by a club at any time in the season, if they had been released by their previous club before the end of the transfer window. A club can request to sign a player on emergency basis, e.g. if several goalkeepers are injured at the same time. In England, clubs from the Football League Championship to the Football Conference can loan in players from 8 September to 23 November and also from 8 February until 23 March. An existing loan deal can be made permanent at any time outside the transfer window.
      Nice one mate,
      Seems a bit odd that Premier League clubs can't loan from 8th Sept, that because we're meant to be richer?
      Looks like it really is game over then :-[ (transfer wise)
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #622: Sep 01, 2010 06:59:34 am
      But with the new 25 man squad rules, we are only allowed 17 'foreigner's - so we had to have a bit of a clear out.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #623: Sep 01, 2010 07:30:52 am
      Woke up to F***ing find 21 pages of this thread and no signings apart from Konchesky. Another F***ing anti climax after the Huang fiasco.  :mad: :mad: :mad:
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #624: Sep 01, 2010 07:43:59 am
      When does the loan window close?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #625: Sep 01, 2010 08:00:51 am

;D

I'm lead to believe, from reading the dozen or so posts above yours, that it was yesterday at 18:00.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #626: Sep 01, 2010 08:30:14 am
      But with the new 25 man squad rules, we are only allowed 17 'foreigner's - so we had to have a bit of a clear out.

You do know that under 21's and "home grown" do not count in the 25 MS?

That being said, and hopefully understood, the real point is that the money we recouped (in the "bit of a clear out") wasn't spent and the squad wasn't strengthened. So rather than fulfilling the promise that Broughton made (all money from player sales would be re-invested in the squad) we have in excess of £18m (including January's profit and wages saved) that has walked the chalk.

Just more lies really, tho'; what do you expect from a pig but a grunt?
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #627: Sep 01, 2010 08:56:08 am
      You do know that under 21's and "home grown" do not count in the 25 MS?

That being said, and hopefully understood, the real point is that the money we recouped (in the "bit of a clear out") wasn't spent and the squad wasn't strengthened. So rather than fulfilling the promise that Broughton made (all money from player sales would be re-invested in the squad) we have in excess of £18m (including January's profit and wages saved) that has walked the chalk.

Just more lies really, tho'; what do you expect from a pig but a grunt?

I know that under 21's are not part of the 25 (but we are only allowed a maximum of 17 foreigners, and can then top up as many home grown and u21's as we like.

It's crazy we didnt buy a second striker - that was the real disapointment of this transfer window. The only way the Konchesky deal stacks up is the need for a home grown player now (as Insua didnt count). Johnson, Cole, Konchesky (home grown), along with Gerrard, Carragher, Spearing and Kelly as the 'home club' developed players - and then we start looking at the likes of Shelvey and Wilson.

And I agree, that once again we have failed to properly invest in the squad. Can't wait til we get rid of these f***wits and get some proper owners.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #628: Sep 01, 2010 09:02:54 am
      The only way the Konchesky deal stacks up is the need for a home grown player now (as Insua didnt count). ..... and then we start looking at the likes of Shelvey and Wilson.

Insua DID count as "home grown" and Wilson doesn't.  ;)
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #629: Sep 01, 2010 09:10:34 am
      Insua DID count as "home grown" and Wilson doesn't.  ;)

My mistake then - thought that as he was only just 21, he hadn't yet had the 3 years qualifying.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #630: Sep 01, 2010 09:22:30 am
      My mistake then - thought that as he was only just 21, he hadn't yet had the 3 years qualifying.

Not a problem mate. We've got to ask ourselves; was the signing of Paul (Konchesky) worth losing Dalla Valle, Kacaniklic and Insua (all three could have been in the squad)?

This is NOT the actions of a club/manager that's building for the future. Roy has never been with a club long enough to concern himself about it's future - he's done what he knows best; sign players that will make do for now.

Lauri Dalla Valle, in particular, will be a massive star and we've just given him away! F**k that!
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #631: Sep 01, 2010 09:25:51 am
      Not a problem mate. We've got to ask ourselves; was the signing of Paul (Konchesky) worth losing Dalla Valle, Kacaniklic and Insua (all three could have been in the squad)?

This is NOT the actions of a club/manager that's building for the future. Roy has never been with a club long enough to concern himself about it's future - he's done what he knows best; sign players that will make do for now.

Lauri Dalla Valle, in particular, will be a massive star and we've just given him away! F**k that!

Fully agree with you. I thought that, whilst Insua did look out of his depth at times last season, we was still only 20 /21. I remember watching Jamie Redknapp on his debut and thinking the same - but he didnt turn out too badly !
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #632: Sep 01, 2010 10:39:12 am
      looks like we had a bid of lucas and babel for c cole turned down as neither player wanted to play for west ham. also we had a bid rejected for bobby zamora earlier on and a bid for pavlyuchenko quite late on rejected
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #633: Sep 01, 2010 10:41:28 am
      Bobby Zamora is a F***ing joke!
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #634: Sep 01, 2010 10:44:51 am
      looks like we had a bid of lucas and babel for c cole turned down as neither player wanted to play for west ham. also we had a bid rejected for bobby zamora earlier on and a bid for pavlyuchenko quite late on rejected

If that is true, we were quite lucky then - cole and zamora are not liverpool quality players.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #635: Sep 01, 2010 11:11:32 am
      Stop being fooled by the homegrown line being thrown around.  We've currently got a 21 person squad so we're using youngsters to make up the numbers anyway.  Prior to this transfer window opening (before Benayoun left and working under the assumption that Jovanovic was still coming) we had 6 HG players in a squad of 29.

Cavalieri, Johnson*, Aquilani, Agger, Aurelio, Gerrard*, Torres, Jovanovic, Riera, Benayoun, Kyrgiakos, Maxi, Kuyt, Babel, Mascherano, Lucas, Insua*, Carragher*, N'Gog, Reina, Spearing*, Degen, Plessis, Nemeth, Itandje, El Zhar, Darby*, Skrtel, Brouwer.

News of Benayoun out and Cole in meant 7 HG players in a squad of 29.  Brouwer and Itandje were never going to get registered (both their contracts run out at season's end incidentally) and with Riera's imminent departure and the news that Degen was being farmed out on loan the squad is now 25 players (7 of which are HG).

Cavalieri, Johnson*, Aquilani, Agger, Aurelio, Gerrard*, Torres, Jovanovic, Cole*, Kyrgiakos, Maxi, Kuyt, Babel, Mascherano, Lucas, Insua*, Carragher*, N'Gog, Reina, Spearing*, Plessis, Nemeth, El Zhar, Darby*, Skrtel.

If at this stage of the transfer window, a decision to not register Plessis but instead use Martin Kelly as the 25th player, the 8th HG and the 6th club trained player in anticipation of him requiring registration next season.  Life would've be good.

We could have moved Plessis on and given El Zhar, Spearing, Darby, Nemeth and Insua one more season to prove that they've improved enough.

If indeed player power was responsible for Insua needing to leave and for arguments sake Carragher and Gerrard said they'd quit the team if he wasn't sold, we could have simply bought a HG LB to compete with Aurelio or taken a gamble on Salcido and not registered El Zhar this season and given him one final season in the reserves to prove he's improved his game enough to potentially become a squad player.

Players who need to be registered next season or face becoming ineligible for first team action:

Irwin, Kelly, Gulacsi, Bouzanis, Hansen, Mendy, Simon.

Call me crazy, but I actually think El Zhar will be a late bloomer who will peak around 27 or 28 (similar to Jovanovic) unlike most midfielders who peak about two years earlier than that.  He could be a handy squad player in the future.

Then I realised who our owners were :(
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #636: Sep 01, 2010 11:36:08 am
      Stop being fooled by the homegrown line being thrown around.  We've currently got a 21 person squad so we're using youngsters to make up the numbers anyway.  Prior to this transfer window opening (before Benayoun left and working under the assumption that Jovanovic was still coming) we had 6 HG players in a squad of 29.

Cavalieri, Johnson*, Aquilani, Agger, Aurelio, Gerrard*, Torres, Jovanovic, Riera, Benayoun, Kyrgiakos, Maxi, Kuyt, Babel, Mascherano, Lucas, Insua*, Carragher*, N'Gog, Reina, Spearing*, Degen, Plessis, Nemeth, Itandje, El Zhar, Darby*, Skrtel, Brouwer.

News of Benayoun out and Cole in meant 7 HG players in a squad of 29.  Brouwer and Itandje were never going to get registered (both their contracts run out at season's end incidentally) and with Riera's imminent departure and the news that Degen was being farmed out on loan the squad is now 25 players (7 of which are HG).

Cavalieri, Johnson*, Aquilani, Agger, Aurelio, Gerrard*, Torres, Jovanovic, Cole*, Kyrgiakos, Maxi, Kuyt, Babel, Mascherano, Lucas, Insua*, Carragher*, N'Gog, Reina, Spearing*, Plessis, Nemeth, El Zhar, Darby*, Skrtel.

If at this stage of the transfer window, a decision to not register Plessis but instead use Martin Kelly as the 25th player, the 8th HG and the 6th club trained player in anticipation of him requiring registration next season.  Life would've be good.

We could have moved Plessis on and given El Zhar, Spearing, Darby, Nemeth and Insua one more season to prove that they've improved enough.

If indeed player power was responsible for Insua needing to leave and for arguments sake Carragher and Gerrard said they'd quit the team if he wasn't sold, we could have simply bought a HG LB to compete with Aurelio or taken a gamble on Salcido and not registered El Zhar this season and given him one final season in the reserves to prove he's improved his game enough to potentially become a squad player.

Players who need to be registered next season or face becoming ineligible for first team action:

Irwin, Kelly, Gulacsi, Bouzanis, Hansen, Mendy, Simon.

Call me crazy, but I actually think El Zhar will be a late bloomer who will peak around 27 or 28 (similar to Jovanovic) unlike most midfielders who peak about two years earlier than that.  He could be a handy squad player in the future.

Then I realised who our owners were :(

I'm not sure what your point is in that post but from your squad of 25...

Cavelieri_ Gone
      Aquilani_ Gone
      Insua_ Gone
      Plessis_ Gone
      Nemeth_ Gone
      ElZhar_ Gone

Konchesky_ Home grown
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #637: Sep 01, 2010 11:49:12 am
      I'm not sure what your point is in that post but from your squad of 25...

Cavelieri_ Gone
      Aquilani_ Gone
      Insua_ Gone
      Plessis_ Gone
      Nemeth_ Gone
      ElZhar_ Gone

Konchesky_ Home grown

What I'm saying is that people need to stop buying the whole "oh we needed to buy HG players" excuse when my example proves that this simply wasn't the case.  Hodgson's British fetish has cost us valuable money at a time when it was scarce.  Â£3m + Dalla Valle and Kacaniklic for Konchesky is laughable considering we could have had Salcido for £1m less and kept one very promising young player and one decent youngster.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #638: Sep 01, 2010 11:56:44 am
      What I'm saying is that people need to stop buying the whole "oh we needed to buy HG players" excuse when my example proves that this simply wasn't the case.  Hodgson's British fetish has cost us valuable money at a time when it was scarce.  £3m + Dalla Valle and Kacaniklic for Konchesky is laughable considering we could have had Salcido for £1m less and kept one very promising young player and one decent youngster.

I would agree with the Dalla Valle comment. I would much rather have promoted from within, but nothing we can do about it Im afraid. DV was the only out and out striker we had at youth level that seemed ready for at least a loan signing.

Quick Reply