Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Paul Konchesky (Liverpool -> Leicester City)

Read 61357 times
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Re: Paul Konchesky Player Thread
      Reply #23: Aug 31, 2010 04:07:14 pm
      Welcome aboard baldy
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #24: Aug 31, 2010 04:09:26 pm
      Is he Skrtels brother or something?
      He'd scare the sh*t out of Skrtel buddy.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #25: Aug 31, 2010 04:10:23 pm
      Not the worst option we could have gone for, to be honest.

Would have liked to keep Dalla Valle.

Welcome to the club, Paul.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #26: Aug 31, 2010 04:13:14 pm
      Welcome to the club Paul!

I hope you can prove a lot of supporters wrong and play some good football while you at the club!
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #27: Aug 31, 2010 04:15:33 pm
      Welcome Paul to our club, hope with world-class players around you will improve. I won't judge you before I see you in the red shirt.

Well said the lad needs a chance to prove himself.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #28: Aug 31, 2010 04:21:14 pm
      Whats the point?

You more then most have being going on for months that our spending power is that of a club who are mid table. Now were getting the players who represent what you have been going on about you sound surprised and disappointed.

Surprised and disappointed verging on an incoherent shocked outburst, where will it end?
      Mid-table anonymity beckons at best.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #29: Aug 31, 2010 04:28:08 pm
      welcome to The greatest club of them ALL Paul
       the only disappointment  is for  losing dalla Valle in the deal(a promising talent) Has he gone permanently to fulham or on loan?, and if yes HOPE we have a some sort of agreement that we are  first option to bring him back
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #30: Aug 31, 2010 04:40:28 pm
      Whats the point?

You more then most have being going on for months that our spending power is that of a club who are mid table. Now were getting the players who represent what you have been going on about you sound surprised and disappointed.

Sorry Brian but I am disappointed.  Disappointed that those two scumbags are still in charge of this club and this nightmare of transfer windows is continuing again.

So apologies if I don't strip naked and get excited about us signing a player, who I believe, is distinctly average, and not an improvement on what we already have, whilst paying money and getting rid of two promising players.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,208 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #31: Aug 31, 2010 04:46:52 pm
      Sorry Brian but I am disappointed.  Disappointed that those two scumbags are still in charge of this club and this nightmare of transfer windows is continuing again.

So apologies if I don't strip naked and get excited about us signing a player, who I believe, is distinctly average, and not an improvement on what we already have, whilst paying money and getting rid of two promising players.

Lets not get silly. Theres no need for comments like "hes an improvement on me" What do you want? you know where we are at better then most.

Nobody is cracking one off about anything that's gone on this summer but writing players off before they have even trained with the side is wrong.

The 2 c**ts are to blame and it seems now that people are happy to slag off players as part of there unhappiness. Yet these players tho maybe not what we hope to see in our side might just go out and give 100% every week to try and stop our club sliding further into sh*te
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #32: Aug 31, 2010 05:04:36 pm
      Brian, I said the deal was a joke.  If we had just bought him for a couple of million alone I would have taken it on the chin.  I don't agree with giving a 29 year old average left back a 4 year deal.  Personally I don't think he is that good a player.  I was expressing my personal opinion of what I have seen of Konchesky to date.

Of course I wish him well, I hope he goes on to surprise me by being a stunning transfer.

But my comment was laced with sarcasm for the simple fact that in the 29 years he has been on the Earth I have never thought 'sh*t. That Konchesky lad can play. I'd like him at Anfield.'

Do you think Konchesky cares whether I think he is any good or not, or any of us for that matter.  No. If we're not allowed to have personal opinions on players then it pretty much defeats the object of discussing them doesn't it?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,208 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #33: Aug 31, 2010 05:10:26 pm
      Brian, I said the deal was a joke.  If we had just bought him for a couple of million alone I would have taken it on the chin.  I don't agree with giving a 29 year old average left back a 4 year deal.  Personally I don't think he is that good a player.  I was expressing my personal opinion of what I have seen of Konchesky to date.

Of course I wish him well, I hope he goes on to surprise me by being a stunning transfer.

But my comment was laced with sarcasm for the simple fact that in the 29 years he has been on the Earth I have never thought 'Sh*t. That Konchesky lad can play. I'd like him at Anfield.'

Do you think Konchesky cares whether I think he is any good or not, or any of us for that matter.  No. If we're not allowed to have personal opinions on players then it pretty much defeats the object of discussing them doesn't it?

No I oubt he cares what anyone thinks. My main gripe, not just with this deal but most of our deals this summer are being joked at by our own fans before players have or had even kicked a ball, all this being despite the fact we knew this was going to be the case

All well good having opinions on players but people are writing off players and the manager before giving them a fair chance. In December when theres plenty of time to have looked at them we can all pass judgement fairly

And as for the young lads being shipped out Ive already stated it makes me sick
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #34: Aug 31, 2010 05:24:43 pm
      Welcome Paul, I hope by some miracle you improve a hell of a lot.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #35: Aug 31, 2010 05:58:38 pm
      The left back position needed beefing up and i don't think he is a bad player and 75% of the probable starting back 4 is English, which i could well count for something in the not too distant future. Sad to see Dalle Valle go he could go onto be the real deal.in Five years time Fulham could well be starting with him and Christopher Buchtman - i think his name is- who went there last season and we might be left thinking what might of been
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #36: Aug 31, 2010 06:06:33 pm
      Welcome to the club, Paul.

Hope you have a good career with us.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #37: Aug 31, 2010 06:20:16 pm
      Buchtman is gone to Cologne in Germany.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #38: Aug 31, 2010 06:36:52 pm
      Well he's never ripped up any tress in his career, now would be a good time to start, hopefully he can do an Arby and can be solid without being spectacular.

Welcome aboard Paul.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #39: Aug 31, 2010 07:04:13 pm
      Not entirely chuffed about this signing, as I imagine most aren't.

But he's now a red and I will be right behind the lad.

Welcome to Liverpool Paul. YNWA
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,214 posts | 915 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #40: Aug 31, 2010 08:08:53 pm
      Imam not sure about this. But welcome and prove me wrong. Hope you have a great career with us
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #41: Aug 31, 2010 08:15:19 pm
      Not exactly madly excited, but I'm sure he will be steady for us and obviously has more experience than Insua. I'm sure he'll be an ok signing. Welcome to the club Paul, best of luck.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #42: Aug 31, 2010 08:27:33 pm
      Go on Paul you sexy b***ard!!!!

With Paul, Skrtel, Sotis, Mereiles, Jova, Kuyt and Lucas, we must have the sexiest team on the planet at least??
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #43: Aug 31, 2010 08:28:44 pm
      Go on Paul you sexy b***ard!!!!

With Paul, Skrtel, Sotis, Mereiles, Jova, Kuyt and Lucas, we must have the sexiest team on the planet at least??
      I question my sexuality just thinking about it.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #44: Aug 31, 2010 08:28:45 pm
      Who was excited when we signed Finnan?

Konchesky may not be outstanding, but I prefer him to Insua at LB, and I trust he'll be fit more often then Aurelio (not that Aurelio has impressed me at all this season,yet).
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #45: Aug 31, 2010 08:30:35 pm
      To be honest, I don't want overly exciting full backs, Johnson gets on my tits because he can't defend, to interested in joining attacks.

Leave the football to the likes of Merieles, Gerrard, Cole, Kuyt and Torres. I want my full backs to be solid performers!!!

Quick Reply