Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Carra: Don't Abuse Michael Owen At My Testimonial.

Read 10354 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: Carra: Don't Abuse Michael Owen At My Testimonial.
      Reply #92: Sep 07, 2010 04:26:22 pm
      Was at the match, a good game.  Great to see Stevie come up for it.  Nice to see Carra score, for both teams...  Garcia looked great, albeit against an inexperienced left-back, cracking goal to start proceedings off.  Cole played well, well taken goal on the volley.  I know it was only a friendly, but it was still a derby and our youngsters looked good.  Nice to see some old faces again. 

As for Owen, I booed him the first time he touched the ball and joined in with the first chorus of "where were you in Istanbul?" in a pretty light-hearted manner, I thought everyone was having a laugh.  He has tainted his history with us, but I was shocked that ten minutes in, he was still being booed.  And, yes, JD, I did clap him to counter-act the muppets booing him on what was Carra's day.  Can't believe some idiots were booing him right up until half-time when he went off. 

Also, don't know if it has been mentioned, but nice one to the Everton fans who brought the Justice banner.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #93: Sep 07, 2010 05:42:11 pm
      I think JD has got a bit confused here. There were plenty of idiots at Anfield at the testimonial but the idiots were not the ones clapping Owen. The idiots were the the people booing him. The game was a celebration of one of the legends of our time, a great servant to the club. Add to that the fact that it was also a day for charities and for the kids to goto Anfield and see some great players past and present. Owen is Carra's mate and he was there to show his respect for his mate. The game was about Jamie Carragher, not Michael Owen. Those who chose to boo him made complete idiots of themselves and were quite frankley embarrasing!

Fair play to the people who clapped him. As Aldo said, it was good to see him in the red shirt again and we should not forget what he did for us.

Well done Jamie.....a true Liverpool legend and a credit to the club and the city!

Very well said.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #94: Sep 07, 2010 05:44:51 pm
      I think JD has got a bit confused here. There were plenty of idiots at Anfield at the testimonial but the idiots were not the ones clapping Owen. The idiots were the the people booing him. The game was a celebration of one of the legends of our time, a great servant to the club. Add to that the fact that it was also a day for charities and for the kids to goto Anfield and see some great players past and present. Owen is Carra's mate and he was there to show his respect for his mate. The game was about Jamie Carragher, not Michael Owen. Those who chose to boo him made complete idiots of themselves and were quite frankley embarrasing!

Fair play to the people who clapped him. As Aldo said, it was good to see him in the red shirt again and we should not forget what he did for us.

Well done Jamie.....a true Liverpool legend and a credit to the club and the city!

Thing is though, why would they feel the need to clap him over any other player? As you say, it's Carra's testimonial, not a Michael Owen appreciation day.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #95: Sep 07, 2010 10:41:30 pm
      Thing is though, why would they feel the need to clap him over any other player? As you say, it's Carra's testimonial, not a Michael Owen appreciation day.
      Spot on...
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #96: Sep 08, 2010 09:59:22 am

I would have thought that was obvious..... to stick 2 fingers up at the idiots who chose to boo him. Do you think people would have felt the need to clap him if people had not abused him? For me, the treatment of Owen was stupid, especially when Carra asked for it not to happen.  And just to counter your excuse for the behoviour of these idiots, it was not 'have a go at Michael Owen' day either! It seems that some turned up just to do this! As I said, embarrasing!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #97: Sep 08, 2010 02:39:46 pm
      I think he himself knew of the reaction to his move, hence why he's kept his mouth shut about it to further flame the feelings.

The urge to clap him is a tad over exaggerated, as is the need to boo him.

He is a Manc now. For that reason, who cares about him and what reaction he gets because the need to get involved is immature.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #98: Sep 08, 2010 02:49:33 pm
      I think he himself knew of the reaction to his move, hence why he's kept his mouth shut about it to further flame the feelings.

The urge to clap him is a tad over exaggerated, as is the need to boo him.

He is a Manc now. For that reason, who cares about him and what reaction he gets because the need to get involved is immature.

I agree mate. As I have previously stated on a number of occasions, I have no feeling toward him now. He is just a face in the crowd. But I will always remember what he did for the club while he was here and it was a hell of a lot. I will always respect what he did for Liverpool Fc.

Quick Reply