Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Protests, shirts, campaigns...

Read 4915 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Protests, shirts, campaigns...
      Jun 11, 2010 09:36:14 am
      ...are all great in their own way but, ultimately, are merely exercises in solidarity.

However it is my personal view that they have very little effect on the owners.

To me, it is like doing your weekly shop in Tesco then bagging your stuff up in an Asda bag.  Which company is still smiling?

I think pre-match marches are a good idea in garnering some solidarity amongst fans, as will be the independence day march on the 4th July.  I think wearing campaign t-shirts are fine - it shows other fans your feelings and passion on the matter.  And email campaigns also enable you to feel like you are making a difference and feel positive.

But the only things that RBS, Hicks, Gillett, Broughton, Purslow et al are looking at is the weekly take. The money in the till.  As long as you continue to feed that, then they will continue to treat you like mugs.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Protests, shirts, campaigns...
      Reply #1: Jun 11, 2010 10:11:05 am
      I agree with that totally.

I think if we can get a large amount of people outside the ground before matches, and I'm talking bigger than before, then it will certainly send a message and at the same time get fans focussed on the one thing that we are aiming to do with all of this:

Getting the lying cancerous leeches out of our club.

But with regards to forcing their hand, t-shirts and protests will only continue to let them know we are here and we will not give up until they are gone.

But hitting them in the wallet will, without a doubt, see them re-evaluating their exit strategy. If they are hit hard enough that they will have to start propping the club out of their own arse pockets, they will see it better off to lower their, frankly, ridiculous asking price.

Direct action is now our only option. We need these lying bas**rds out of our club, and the only way we can make a difference is by refusing to support them by putting the money in to the club.   
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #2: Jun 11, 2010 12:47:10 pm
      100% behind you on that J.D. The only way we will ever get to them is trough there pocket until then they will just sit up in there board room pissing themselves laughing at us.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #3: Jun 11, 2010 11:21:32 pm
      100% boycott.

Protest every home game.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #4: Jun 11, 2010 11:37:03 pm
      100% boycott.

Protest every home game.
      It's the only way mate but it's convincing the tourists.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #5: Jun 11, 2010 11:42:03 pm
      The people who really give a sh*t will do it. I understand the season ticket issue, but that aside, I really think a lot of the die-hards would do this. And as daft as it sounds, some people will do it because they think it's cool. Lots of people will get involved when they see that it's happening. This isn't a protest. It's a movement.

We've had ENOUGH.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #6: Jun 12, 2010 12:32:44 am
      It's the only way mate but it's convincing the tourists.

Its the locals who will have to let it be know to the tourist then stuey,some fans from abroad dont really have a deep insight to whats really going on so we have to inform them on match days and hand out enough paraphinallia on the leeches at our club and the damage they have and continue to cause.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #7: Jun 12, 2010 01:17:27 am
      The people who really give a sh*t will do it. I understand the season ticket issue, but that aside, I really think a lot of the die-hards would do this. And as daft as it sounds, some people will do it because they think it's cool. Lots of people will get involved when they see that it's happening. This isn't a protest. It's a movement.

We've had ENOUGH.
      This really is the last chance saloon and we have got to make a stand against these F***ing leeches.
      For the sake of our club it seems peverse but we have got to blank all merchandise and games whenever possible.
      There is no gain without pain.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #8: Jun 12, 2010 04:37:50 pm
      Got to agree that there should be huge numbers outside the ground every home game. Even people not going the match.

If the merchandise boycotts are official and people stick to it, and all the people who feel strongly about giving money to the Yanks stick to their guns, it will have an effect financially. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #9: Jun 12, 2010 04:41:44 pm
      Got to agree that there should be huge numbers outside the ground every home game. Even people not going the match.

If the merchandise boycotts are official and people stick to it, and all the people who feel strongly about giving money to the Yanks stick to their guns, it will have an effect financially. 
      The teams performance and fortunes don't mean sh*t Joey the only factor they study is the spondoolies and that is the only way to get to the bas**rds mate.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #10: Jun 12, 2010 05:10:11 pm
      The teams performance and fortunes don't mean sh*t Joey the only factor they study is the spondoolies and that is the only way to get to the bas**rds mate.

Definitely. I really hope enough people comply with any boycotts brought in, vigilantly.

We need to keep the money away from the cancerous bas**rds. The situation is that bad at the club, measures that would have in the past been viewed as desperate are now the only way. 
      redruths
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #11: Jun 13, 2010 12:25:04 am
      Pre match protests are fine but they only seem to get 30 seconds on granada reports and no pictures in the papers.The situation we are in is genuinely terrifying do not buy the shirts and yee this hurts like hell but do not go to the match
      liverpool9292
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts |
      Reply #12: Jun 16, 2010 03:29:17 pm
      Its the locals who will have to let it be know to the tourist then stuey,some fans from abroad dont really have a deep insight to whats really going on so we have to inform them on match days and hand out enough paraphinallia on the leeches at our club and the damage they have and continue to cause.
      there will always be the people that dont really give a crap about the club and that will go just to say they were at a liverpool match tho
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #13: Jun 16, 2010 03:43:20 pm
      We need leaflets so the tourists who come to the games know what is going on.  If not then Anfield will become full off tourists with the REAL fans protesting outside the ground.  Everybody in Britain knows about the Mancs campain.  But not many about ours.  SOS need to start doing more and more, if they need funding, get funding, if the need helpers get helpers, but we are getting left behind here and its becoming F***ing annoying.  More action is needing, we need BIG stars coming out and support the cause.  I am boycotting everything to do with Liverpool FC.  I am sick of this, if I was not in a job where I am away a lot, I would be doing my bit and organising things and helping out.  The time for talking has now stopped, action is needed and needed now before we have nothing to moan about.  ALL Liverpool fans, real, OOT's, tourists, the lot need to come together and get behind the campaign.  Sitting at home and waiting for something to happen is not good enough.  Get off your lazy arses and make your voices heard, when you see a protest dont get your F***ing camera out and start recording, join in with the protest.  Dont dare just stand there doing F**k all and call yourself a Liverpool supporter.  I am sick of hearing all these people moaning about everything and they dont even do anything, they still go to games, buy the programme, souveniers, beers, food, merchandise.  Wake up these Yanks are raping Liverpool Football Club.  If you can still stomach that, then you should not call yourself a Liverpool Fan, go find some other club to support as we dont need the likes of you.

Rant over for now
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #14: Jun 16, 2010 05:53:23 pm
      I dont know why people are banging on about the tourists, it's the season ticket holders who hold the lions share of tickets, should they not be approached about a boycott?
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #15: Jun 16, 2010 05:57:00 pm
      Because they have already bought the tickets, and a lot of them wont give up there tickets that have been held in there families for years.  Would you give your season ticket up?  They will boycott the games but the yanks are still getting the tickets.  Even if they use the scheme where they dont go and it gets sold on, some OOT or tourist will buy the tickets.  I know my brother is a season ticket holder and has been for years, he does not go to the game or buy any merchandise.  But he wont give up his ticket as he will have to wait 15 years plus to get a season ticket.  The tourists who just come to single games need educated.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #16: Jun 17, 2010 12:50:20 am
      I'm not sure if this is the right thread but...

Is it correct that shirts bought from the club shop is all profit for H&G and that shirts bought from another source (JJB etc) means that NO money goes to H&G?

I want a new home shirt but i don't want to give them any money. I always thought that shirts bought from JJB etc were taken into consideration by Adidas and the club when negotiating the fee paid for contract to produce the shirts. Is there any chance buying a shirt from any source will eventually mean putting money in those cu*ts pockets?

There is always the option of a Standard Corrupted shirt until H&G leave, as we'll have the new shirt for 2 seasons. And hopefully they won't be here anywhere near that long.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #17: Jun 17, 2010 01:34:17 pm
      I agree with that totally.

I think if we can get a large amount of people outside the ground before matches, and I'm talking bigger than before, then it will certainly send a message and at the same time get fans focussed on the one thing that we are aiming to do with all of this:

Getting the lying cancerous leeches out of our club.

But with regards to forcing their hand, t-shirts and protests will only continue to let them know we are here and we will not give up until they are gone.

But hitting them in the wallet will, without a doubt, see them re-evaluating their exit strategy. If they are hit hard enough that they will have to start propping the club out of their own arse pockets, they will see it better off to lower their, frankly, ridiculous asking price.

Direct action is now our only option. We need these lying bas**rds out of our club, and the only way we can make a difference is by refusing to support them by putting the money in to the club.   

Nuff said. . .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #18: Jun 18, 2010 12:33:43 am
      Is it correct that shirts bought from the club shop is all profit for H&G and that shirts bought from another source (JJB etc) means that NO money goes to H&G?
      The amount is limited.

I've had a discussion with an independent retailer and they say the store cut is about £15-£18 on a new shirt.

If you buy it from the official club stores or the official store online the club gets this money.  If you buy it from a retailer the retailer gets it and adidas gets the rest.
      Callanlfc
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #19: Sep 04, 2010 08:50:35 am
      Not sure if anything has been posted about this on here before, but heres a petition against the RBS loan to Liverpool FC. I tried to start a new topic about it but dont think I have enough posts to start a new topic. Maybe a mod or someone else could make this into a topic? Anyway heres the link:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/100/petition-against-the-rbs-loan-to-lfc

If everybody could sign it then pass it on to their mates and post it on Facebook and twitter that would be great, cheers everyone.

Quick Reply