Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Serie A

Read 144393 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Serie A
      Reply #851: Apr 19, 2018 11:20:54 am
      Napoli win on sunday v juve and it's down to one.point

With Inter away and Roma away, but I still think Juventus will win it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #852: Apr 19, 2018 12:18:14 pm
      With Inter away and Roma away, but I still think Juventus will win it.

Agreed
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #853: Apr 20, 2018 12:13:14 am
      Wow, surprised to see Roma playing tomorrow.... at 14:00 :O wtf ;D.

Edit: sorry, Saturday kick off :D
      « Last Edit: Apr 20, 2018 02:32:11 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #854: Apr 21, 2018 04:05:46 pm
      Very good 0-3 away for Roma. And without some of best XI starters (Dzeko, De Rossi, Florenzi).
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #855: Apr 22, 2018 02:36:46 pm
      Lazio for the first time in what seems like years, seem like a big club again. Really enjoy watching them and this Sampdoria match where they are currently leading 1-0 continues to show their quality. Some phenomenal young managers coming out of Italy at the moment (including Di Francesco at Roma) and Inzaghi seems to be one of them.
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2018 09:55:55 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #856: Apr 22, 2018 02:51:12 pm
      Lazio for the first time, in what seems like years, seem like a big club again. Really enjoy watching them and this Sampdoria match where they are currently leading 1-0 continues to show their quality. Some phenomenal young managers coming out of Italy at the moment (including Di Francesco at Roma) and Inzaghi seems to be one of them.

Couldn't agree more!! Fantastic game so far! And Lucas could have scored twice :D

Also, Felipe Anderson is so frustrating, he has all the attributes a #10/wide player dreams of, but his end product and decision making are so poor, and you expect a lot better with him being 25 now.

« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2018 02:57:45 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #859: Apr 22, 2018 04:05:37 pm
      :D :D :D This sh*t makes me happy!!! Can't f**king wait for the match, so excited!!!!!!!

Napoli to play most of the football but juve to win
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #860: Apr 22, 2018 07:28:08 pm
      Kick off soon!! Who else is watching this match?!?!?!?!? Gonna be so epic!!!!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #862: Apr 22, 2018 08:40:58 pm
      Kick off soon!! Who else is watching this match?!?!?!?!? Gonna be so epic!!!!!

Excellent match so far. Far exceeds the scrappy, relatively poor affairs that were the semi finals of the FA Cup this weekend (as did Lazio's performance earlier on).

Napoli are a lovely team to watch on the ball aren't they? Maybe a bit conservative with their possession so far (understandable given it's Juve) but easy with it. As mentioned by the commentators, it's remarkable how Sarri was a banker before becoming a football manager. Like Arrigo Sacchi the shoe salesman, Italy seems far more tolerant and open of bringing in outsiders as opposed to this obsession in Britain where you have to have played at a very senior level to have a license to coach or alternatively talk bullshit on the tv regardless of how incoherent and unintelligible they are! As Sacchi famously said 'I never realised that to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first!'
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #863: Apr 22, 2018 09:41:04 pm
      hahahaha, F**k you Juventus!!!!!!!! Really hope Napoli wins it now!!!! But they need to sort their attack out ffs!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #864: Apr 22, 2018 09:41:05 pm
      Wow!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #865: Apr 22, 2018 09:42:02 pm
      Great end to the game, still twists and turns to come
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #866: Apr 22, 2018 09:51:54 pm
      hahahaha, f**k you Juventus!!!!!!!! Really hope Napoli wins it now!!!! But they need to sort their attack out ffs!!

One of the most engrossing matches I've seen in a long time! Thought it was fizzling out frustratingly for Napoli especially when they were showing little attacking might late on (they must have had only a maximum of two players in the box when going forward - madness I thought!).

For as much as I admire Allegri (and he's a great coach) this Juventus side are just not interesting and their dominance of Serie A in recent seasons has been unjust to the relative competitiveness of the whole league (give me Serie A over boring La Liga any day). I think their strong defence and efficiency going forward is vintage Italian stuff but player by player there is very little that interests me compared to the days of Nedved, Del Piero, Thuram and Cannavaro. I think their new, soulless stadium also contributes to their current beige identity and their inferiority complex in the European Cup only further adds to the belief that they're not worthy enough.

So when that corner and that header by Koulibaly was smashed in, it was the stuff of divinity. Absolutely superb!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #867: Apr 22, 2018 10:06:39 pm
      One of the most engrossing matches I've seen in a long time! Thought it was fizzling out frustratingly for Napoli especially when they were showing little attacking might late on (they must have had only a maximum of two players in the box when going forward - madness I thought!).

For as much as I admire Allegri (and he's a great coach) this Juventus side are just not interesting and their dominance of Serie A in recent seasons has been unjust to the relative competitiveness of the whole league (give me Serie A over boring La Liga any day). I think their strong defence and efficiency going forward is vintage Italian stuff but player by player there is very little that interests me compared to the days of Nedved, Del Piero, Thuram and Cannavaro. I think their new, soulless stadium also contributes to their current beige identity and their inferiority complex in the European Cup only further adds to the belief that they're not worthy enough.

So when that corner and that header by Koulibaly was smashed in, it was the stuff of divinity. Absolutely superb!

Agreed. Was a very captivating match because of the importance of it. I too couldn't see a way for Napoli to snatch a goal/winner, but wow, right at the death, Mane's pal with a powerful leap and header!! As Fat said, great end to the game.

Agreed also on everything you said about Juventus, pretty much the same reason why I want to see a new team win it.

Napoli should win all their games, and just need Juventus to lose 1, but will they? They still have Inter and Roma away, so possible!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #868: Apr 22, 2018 10:21:07 pm

Can't agree about the juventus stadium,  far better than the stadio delle alpi and one of the best in italy.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #869: Apr 22, 2018 10:44:57 pm
      Can't agree about the juventus stadium,  far better than the stadio delle alpi and one of the best in italy.

Don't doubt it is one of the best in Italy in terms of being fan friendly and it will act as the precedent for all future builds in that country  but it lacks the bravado and status that I associate with Italian football growing up. Architecturally it is neat and practical but dull (maybe a bit like Juventus's football then!). It's too intimate for my liking which goes against my own perceptions of Italian football being hosted on a grand, open scale. The Stadio Delle Alpi was an impractical mess of a stadium but there was an iconic, grandiose status that it had as a result of Italia 90 that lived with it. Many football fans would disagree but I love those great stadia (even those with the running track going around them) like the San Siro, Delle Alpi, San Paolo in Naples and the Stadio Olimpico in Rome. While they've been more known for the vast empty seats in domestic football, it only needs one great European night like Roma had 11 days ago to appreciate the cacophonous, intense atmosphere that is produced by them.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #871: Apr 22, 2018 11:05:01 pm

F**k me, they do know it's still in Juventus' hands, right? ;D, this might spur them on to beat Inter and Roma :O I wouldn't be celebrating just yet if I were a Napoli fan.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #872: Apr 22, 2018 11:08:05 pm
      F**k me, they do know it's still in Juventus' hands, right? ;D, this might spur them on to beat Inter and Roma :O I wouldn't be celebrating just yet if I were a Napoli fan.

Having watched Gomorrah if napoli F**k it up now it will be like kabul, aleppo, etc
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #873: Apr 22, 2018 11:36:47 pm
      Knock Italian football all you want but it’s the only major league that’s thrown up a decent battle for the title.

Will be watching the run in closely now - Juve with the harder games but Napoli a bit away from their fluid best so could go either way.

Quick Reply