Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

David N'gog - 'tucking his clock into his Bolton sock'

Read 118555 times
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: David N'gog - 'tucking his clock into his Bolton sock'
      Reply #1334: Sep 08, 2011 01:48:58 am
      Hope he bags goals for fun.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1335: Sep 09, 2011 01:57:56 am
      First goal in your first game please!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1336: Sep 09, 2011 03:02:05 am
      I'm with Coyle.

I think he could be an astute signing. He'll have Kevin Davies doing the hard yards for him and he could score up wards of 15 goals a season for them.
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #1337: Sep 09, 2011 03:40:14 am
      I think Ngog is a good player

I find it funny how people are saying not to give Andy any stick and yet so many people gave sh*t to David

i stuck by him and I maintain he could be good

His flaws were flaws that can be fixed, he rarely gets caught offside and can score from incredible angles

He's still young, I would have rather we given him more of a chance but it's bolton's gain and I think he'll become a decent player, maybe not at the same level as Luis Suarez or Fernando Torres in his prime but a top half hot striker nonetheless

People forget, this it the man who beat the (good) Arsenal and Man U defence and scored a work of art against Wigan

He showed flashes of brilliance and people were too quick to overlook these and only focus on the negatives and while even I probably wouldn't play him for a lot of the games that would follow in the short-term if he'd stayed, I would have kept him for another couple of years, played him reguarly for the reserves and given him the odd first team game

He could definitely have become a more than adequate second striker option for us in my opinion
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1338: Sep 09, 2011 05:13:31 am
      I still think his move is good for both sides. I felt he just wasn't good enough to be honest.

Yeah, he is a good finisher but that's just not good enough for me. His overall contribution is just poor, IMO.

Being with us for almost 3 years, he's too lightweight, hardly has the pace (i heard that was his best attribute) to beat anyone and is just too greedy.

I understand strikers need to be greedy at times (if not, they won't score) but when you've missed tons of chances, give someone else a go as against Braga (I think) where he's missed 3 or 4 chances and steals the ball off Joe Cole when he was about to shoot and missed! Cole, may have been poor throughout his time here but he was in a better position to shoot and would have scored, IMO.

All in all, bought for 1.5 mil, sold for 4 mil? It was time for him to move on.

However, all the best to him at Bolton and hopefully he scores in his first game!
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #1339: Oct 16, 2011 04:15:22 am
      Get in son. Well taken.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1340: Oct 16, 2011 08:06:33 am
      Was watching the 1am kick offs and i told my mate N'gog would score. Well in lad.

Quick Reply