Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Andriy Voronin (Liverpool -> Dinamo Moscow)

Read 126410 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Re: Andriy Voronin (Liverpool -> Dinamo Moscow)
      Reply #1035: Jan 11, 2010 02:38:59 pm
      It's good he's doing it over there - many,many miles away.
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #1036: Jan 11, 2010 04:05:45 pm
      he was murder. goodbye.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #1037: Jan 11, 2010 04:13:45 pm
      Never thought he was as bad as people made him out to be. He was more a victim of scapegoating. But no great player. Decent 4th striker if the 3 in front of him in the pecking order were class strikers. Not sad to see him go though. We can find a better replacement for 2 mil. Still a shame we couldnt make a deal with Hertha or another german club in the summer. There we could have gotten at least 5 mil for him after his season on loan there.
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #1038: Jan 11, 2010 07:06:41 pm
      Not sorry to see him go and not a bad bit of buisness for someone who was not going to get another game for us.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #1039: Jan 11, 2010 09:37:40 pm
      God, he was sh*t.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,202 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1040: Jan 11, 2010 09:39:51 pm
      I'm with you on that
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #1041: Jan 11, 2010 09:45:43 pm
      To be honest he had to go. He did not perform for us. Bye Voronin .. good luck in Russia
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,720 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1042: Jan 12, 2010 07:55:53 am
      It's time to retire the Number 10 shirt.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1043: Jan 12, 2010 08:08:51 am
      I can't believe he was a Liverpool player :O

Dreams do come true.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #1044: Jan 12, 2010 10:08:08 am
      Goodbye you useless muppet
      AW00D
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #1045: Sep 05, 2011 02:27:13 am
      Sorry to bump the thread... but does anyone know where this guy is/ how hes getting on? i saw a pic of him today.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #1046: Sep 05, 2011 10:43:32 am
      he is at Dynamo Moscow had a reasonable season for them 7 goals in 22 league appearances this season currently 3rd in the league
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1047: Sep 05, 2011 10:52:18 am
      I saw him wearing a captain's armband as well
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1048: Sep 05, 2011 01:53:08 pm
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1049: Sep 06, 2011 01:44:41 am
      He may have not fitted in @ LFC but I wish him all the best in his career.

I really think that the older LFC fans who know of our great team before the Prem and Sky world have a different mentality of footy than our younger fans.

We see the bigger picture and respect staff and players regardless of their impact upon our team whereas younger fans are so incredibly flippant about our players....even disrespectful. It saddens me greatly.

I really think the younger fans could do well do realise why we aren't like the Scum and the chavs by reading the shanks book, the dalglish books or the carra book.

Honestly, its depressing....stop dissing ex-reds! stop abusing current reds! thats what United fans do....we are real fans, we know history, we understand the culture and we respect our club!

Its so sad the new generation just wast success and forget the poetry and story of LFC.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #1050: Sep 06, 2011 06:53:06 am

I really think that the older LFC fans who know of our great team before the Prem and Sky world have a different mentality of footy than our younger fans.

We see the bigger picture and respect staff and players regardless of their impact upon our team whereas younger fans are so incredibly flippant about our players....even disrespectful. It saddens me greatly.

I really think the younger fans could do well do realise why we aren't like the Scum and the chavs by reading the shanks book, the dalglish books or the carra book.

Honestly, its depressing....stop dissing ex-reds! stop abusing current reds! thats what United fans do....we are real fans, we know history, we understand the culture and we respect our club!

Its so sad the new generation just wast success and forget the poetry and story of LFC.
      A good post is that Lester lad !
      I think it's wasted in a player specific thread if you ask me, maybe one of the Mods could move it so it's gonna get read by 'younger' fans ?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1051: Sep 06, 2011 06:59:48 am
      Respect is earned, not given. Not saying you have to be a great reds player to earn respect, its more than that.

I understand what you're saying, but it aint so cut and dry.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #1052: Sep 06, 2011 08:22:39 am
      I understand what you're saying, but it aint so cut and dry.

Agree with that.

Just because a player pulled on the shirt does not mean he ever earned our respect.

I've seen some really useless players play for the reds, but they've put a shift in for the fans who have paid their money.  Sadly my last memories of Voronin was him strolling around the pitch in a European game and bottling out of tackles.

It was no surprise to me that was his last game.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1053: Sep 06, 2011 08:30:47 am

I've seen 40 year olds in the crowd at Anfield booing.

Generalising between younger and older fans is complete sh*te.

Voronin was a terrible player for a club like ours, on high wages and never endeared himself to our fans. Doesn't mean because he played for us means he earned respect.

If you want to see how respectful younger fans are, why do many people of this generation still remember Michael Owen in a good way, same with Torres, despite both leaving to our rivals in bitter circumstances? That's a sign of respect for what they did for us before they left.

Quick Reply