Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 13th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Andriy Voronin (Liverpool -> Dinamo Moscow)

Read 129833 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: The Sell Voronin Campaign
      Reply #230: Jul 28, 2008 04:02:08 pm
      Voronin doesn't have the worst goals per game ratio at Anfield by long shot of the strikers.

I don't see many people knocking down the door to get him either.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #231: Jul 28, 2008 06:20:29 pm
      Voronin doesn't have the worst goals per game ratio at Anfield by long shot of the strikers.

I don't see many people knocking down the door to get him either.

And yet, he's so clearly not good enough for Liverpool. Is he a player who's going to get us closer to winning the league?
      joe_lfc_4lyf
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 77 posts | -2 
      • King.
      Reply #232: Jul 28, 2008 06:24:30 pm
      How Is Voronin A Professional Footballer......It Annoys Me So Much That Someone With Very Little Footballing Ability Can Put On A Liverpool Shirt!!
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #233: Jul 28, 2008 06:29:55 pm
      How Is Voronin A Professional Footballer......It Annoys Me So Much That Someone With Very Little Footballing Ability Can Put On A Liverpool Shirt!!

Is this the title of your book? Isnt it a bit short? ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #234: Jul 28, 2008 06:33:20 pm
      As long as Voronin is in a red shirt, he should get our support.

I don't dismiss that we could have a better player in the team instead of him and his days are probably numbered anyway. But it's not the Liverpool way to be campaigning for a players sale. Leave it up to the manager and get behind our lads!
      joe_lfc_4lyf
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 77 posts | -2 
      • King.
      Reply #235: Jul 28, 2008 06:34:00 pm
      Im Sorry To Say Watt But I Aint Got A Clue What Your ON About Mate HaHa

Joe
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #236: Jul 28, 2008 06:34:37 pm
      I have the feeling Voronin isn't going anywhere at least til the January window so you better get use to him sitting on the bench :D
      joe_lfc_4lyf
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 77 posts | -2 
      • King.
      Reply #237: Jul 28, 2008 06:37:01 pm
      Now That We've Nearly Wrapped Up The Keane Deal, He Shouldnt Start 1 Game In The League, Well, Only If Torres And Keane Are Injured...
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,204 posts | 3391 
      Reply #238: Jul 28, 2008 06:43:48 pm
      Well if we're sellin players not good enough for Liverpool Football Club then about 15 players of this current squad should be sold.

What a pointless topic. Voronin plays for Liverpool, we support Liverpool so lets f***in support him. If Torres goes next year scoring just 8 goals will we want him sold? What's happened in the past means nothin this comin year. Voronin could be one of these players who needed time to settle in, he may be great in his second season like many other players who've come in from abroad. Nobody can expect him to score 30 goals a season, but at least back the lad. Too many people were criticising him last season when he didn't score, when he does score in pre-season people are still ciriticing the fella.

If we get a bid in the region of 2 million plus then we should take it but while he's here he deserves our full support.

In Andriy I Trust :lmao:
      Semple
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #239: Jul 28, 2008 06:52:32 pm

I don't dismiss that we could have a better player in the team instead of him and his days are probably numbered anyway. But it's not the Liverpool way to be campaigning for a players sale. Leave it up to the manager and get behind our lads!

Fair point
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #240: Jul 28, 2008 08:18:18 pm
      YES YES YES..... GET RID  of the prancing pony...

never really had a chance ...but is he worth one.... no

i agree, give pacheco a chance...owen did it at 17.... after all if keane dosnt come we will only have one upfront anyway
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #241: Jul 28, 2008 08:27:01 pm
      YES YES YES..... GET RID  of the prancing pony...

never really had a chance ...but is he worth one.... no

i agree, give pacheco a chance...owen did it at 17.... after all if keane dosnt come we will only have one upfront anyway

:lmao:

He's already signed mate! Check out The Kop board! ;)
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #242: Jul 28, 2008 08:42:59 pm
      Yes robbie is a liverpool player now,
       about Voronin ,well like some said above ,As long as he is a Liverpool player Just support him
       I  read somewhere that some german sides are interested in him,He came for free .so any good deal for him will be good .BUT as said before  give him support as long as he is a RED

MsGerrard
      Reply #243: Jul 29, 2008 12:20:12 am

Quite right Kenny, there's been several players in the past who I haven't rated and yet I have supported whilst they play for Liverpool.
      That is our duty as supporters of this great team to support ALL the players.

I've never particularly liked or rated Voronin, BUT, you never know he just might come good this season after a year of uncertainty.
      Although I do think if Rafa gets the chance to sell, then he will, especially now that we have Keane.

In the meantime Voronin gets my full backing, but I still wish he'd get rid of that bloody ponytail  :o
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #244: Jul 29, 2008 12:36:09 am
      I think he had the spark earlier in his first season, then he got injured, but he's had some very good games.

I personally dont agree with the Voronin-bashing. He's scored good goals too. He may just turn out to be amazing in season 2. But I guess that wont be happening as Rafa Benitez plans to sell Pennant, Voronin and Arbeloa.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #245: Jul 29, 2008 12:40:22 pm
      I find this out of order, Ok Voronin isn't brilliant, but he's a red and we should give all reds support. Like someone said he's a red and we shouldnt be treating him like this!

Shame on you!

Matt
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #246: Jul 29, 2008 01:33:17 pm
      I find this out of order, OK Voronin isn't brilliant, but he's a red and we should give all reds support. Like someone said he's a red and we shouldnt be treating him like this!

Shame on you!

Matt

Agree with you here 100%, we are not some 2nd rate out fit like Newcastle, I acknowledge that I have moaned about Voronin, but come on, he's a Red and unlike some EPL players, when the going gets tough, he does not at least go missing.
      A Campaign to sell a player is not the Liverpool way.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,204 posts | 3391 
      Reply #247: Jul 29, 2008 01:59:11 pm
      I think we all know that Voronin isn't a Liverpool legend, or even one in the makin, but the majority of us on here don't want topics like this one, so someone should do the honourable thing and just close/lock/delete or whatever it's called, this topic.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #248: Jul 29, 2008 03:15:19 pm
      What a said state of affairs it is if were turning on one of own like this,its true hes not the best,but no true red in the right mind would try to drive a player out.Get behind ALL the lads and show them why we are the greatest supporters around.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #249: Jul 29, 2008 03:33:02 pm
      I think it's on the cards that he is going back to germany for a profit, Rafa would not have bought the young french lad if he was keeping voronin.

Torres, Keane, kuyt, babel, ngogog (;D.), Nemeth, Pacheo

Think we have plenty forward options there.

Ta Ta the voroninator.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #250: Jul 29, 2008 04:36:47 pm
      I think he seems to be a good guy but never been a fan of him either. And I agree with those who prefer to see youngsters sitting on the bench and getting more experience than an average old player who will never add something really special for our side
      LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Reply #251: Jul 29, 2008 05:10:08 pm
      Rafa didnt mention him today when he talked about the strikers Keane will link up and compliment lets hope thats the first sign of him leaving along with Rafa needing cash to buy barry
      LFCJAK
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Reply #252: Jul 30, 2008 12:20:55 am
      i fink he is a decent sub but if the right price came up we definitley shud sell

Quick Reply