Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Andriy Voronin (Liverpool -> Dinamo Moscow)

Read 126558 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Andriy Voronin Thread
      Reply #161: May 04, 2008 08:48:32 pm
      Rafa saw that his WAS (not now) Sevchenko's forward partner for Ukraine last season...and was going for a free... and had a decent pre-season... the rest... a disaster for him and more importantly LFC IMHO.

He did look promising pre-season, thought he was going to be a real steal as well, just shows how wrong you can be ::)
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #162: May 04, 2008 08:55:48 pm
      He did look promising pre-season, thought he was going to be a real steal as well, just shows how wrong you can be ::)

Rafa boob...for sure.. but it was a free.

Babel has to deliver next season... otherwise that would be a pucker Rafa boob.

...and we don't like boobs do we?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #163: May 04, 2008 08:59:54 pm
      Rafa boob...for sure.. but it was a free.

Babel has to deliver next season... otherwise that would be a pucker Rafa boob.

...and we don't like boobs do we?

It's a good job he was a free........Rafa would be slated otherwise ::)

Babel should have scored today, just think he lacks a bit of confidence, that will come though :)

I quite like MY boobs actually ;) :lmao:
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #164: May 05, 2008 01:46:50 am
      Voronin did shoot Liverpool into the CL this year...did you guys forget that?

He's a very good player with a lot of skills (that's why Rafa took a eye on him at all). He could be a very valueable player, but that's what happens...sometimes it doesn't fit, one gets benched and things go it's way.

Still I wanna have Voronin on the bench. It is also important to have a deep-team that can overcome injuries. Voronin can play anywhere in offense or midfield, very versatile player.

Of course, if the chemistry is not good anymore, then one would have to consider other solutions....
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #165: May 05, 2008 01:54:52 am
      Voronin is a better player than what he's proving to be right now. His confidence must have been smashed big time, ah well maybe we need players who boast a lot of confidence and he obviously doesn't have that...

He's not a bad player ability wise, Rafa knows this otherwise he wouldn't play him
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #166: May 05, 2008 02:45:25 am
      He does nought. He ran like 200m in the City game. Dont have a clue why rafa plays him - we should be giving the youngens a run instead - Nemeth could do with the first team action.
      1 shot in 1 champions league qualifier isnt really up to scratch in my opinion
      If he goes in the summer *fingers crossed* then at least we'll make some cash outta him.
      luv the tune
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #167: May 05, 2008 03:13:23 pm

There's a What Do You Look Like Thread for that kind of thing MsG!  ;D  ;)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #168: Jun 25, 2008 12:04:42 pm
      Voronin vows to repay faith
      Reds striker eager to impress next season
      Last updated: 25th June 2008

Voronin: Eager to make impression

Andrei Voronin is determined to show Liverpool supporters his true ability next season after a mixed first campaign at Anfield.

The Ukraine international arrived on Merseyside last summer on a free transfer from Bayer Leverkusen and initially impressed for Rafa Benitez's side.

However, the second half of the season saw injuries and a difficultly in adapting to new surroundings restrict Voronin's role in Benitez's first XI.

He is confident, though, that with another pre-season behind him he will be more acclimatised to English football and is gearing up for a successful showing next term.

"I think I started not bad," he told LFC magazine.

"I played a lot at the beginning and scored a few goals.

"Obviously the injury was a setback. There are a lot of good players here. It's competitive, so it's difficult to get straight back into the team after an injury.

"I'll do my best next season and hopefully I can help the team. I think I still have a lot to show the fans.

Language barrier

"When I first arrived here I didn't find it easy because I'd lived in Germany for 12 years.

"I didn't know the language but I'm gradually getting there. My wife had a baby here and, thank God, everything was okay. So I am getting more and more used to life here everyday.

"We are feeling much better than six or seven months ago. We like it here and don't have any problems with life in England or the town - except for the weather!"

________________________ ____

Ok well you cant do worse thats for sure.. that is if your still here
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #169: Jun 25, 2008 12:08:02 pm
      "I didn't know the language but I'm gradually getting there. My wife had a baby here and, thank God, everything was okay. So I am getting more and more used to life here everyday.

I remember him going on about how crap the health service was in England before or just after he came. Looking at his statement, I guess he was imagining 19th surgeons dressed like butchers... Now he's got over the "horrors" of the NHS, I suppose he can concentrate on the football.  :D
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #170: Jun 25, 2008 12:11:51 pm
      ::) yea thats what the problem was... the health service, looks like we got another year of mocking voronin then, but maybe he'll make a better impression you never no
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #171: Jun 25, 2008 03:03:12 pm
      how strange would it be if he was got more goals than fernando next season
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #172: Jun 25, 2008 03:15:23 pm
      how strange would it be if he was got more goals than fernando next season
      probably as much chance as ABBA reforming; or New Labour turning honest; or bin police getting chased by Benny Hill.
      Hamish
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #173: Jun 25, 2008 03:22:26 pm
      Please this Boy must be sold as soon as possible . He proved last season he cannot cut the grade . We need the money made for him to get Villa and Silva
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #174: Jun 25, 2008 03:31:42 pm
      I don't like this guy but till he is a Red we need to support him through out his spell with us. IRWT that means Rafa trust him then we must trust him too (against our will).
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #175: Jun 25, 2008 04:31:18 pm
      Please this Boy must be sold as soon as possible . He proved last season he cannot cut the grade . We need the money made for him to get Villa and Silva

We also need someone to buy him first
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #176: Jun 25, 2008 04:35:35 pm

Am I the only one who thinks it may take a little more than selling Voronin to fund the purchase of either Valencia player?
      Hamish
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #177: Jun 25, 2008 04:38:17 pm
      I am sure there are quite a few clubs who would take him off our hands . Hull City , Stoke  etc
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #178: Jun 25, 2008 04:42:47 pm
      I am sure there are quite a few clubs who would take him off our hands . Hull City , Stoke  etc

Really i dont think that they'll blow there transfer budget on voronin, it will need to be a large club who can buy players for millions like stuggart they seems to be the only club i can think of who want to buy him for around the 4mill tag which we can get for him IMO
      thekopster
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -5 
      Reply #179: Jun 25, 2008 04:43:01 pm
      ummm not sure hull have windass who is a great respected player,stoke dont seem to have any problems scoring otherwise they woulnt be in the premiership
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #180: Jun 25, 2008 05:26:27 pm
      Am I the only one who thinks it may take a little more than selling Voronin to fund the purchase of either Valencia player?

Can't hurt though :D

I never rated him in Germany and I wasn't too surprised that he never lit the world alight last season with Liverpool. I guess the saying goes you get what you pay for.

I think the hugh issue in selling him is the wages he is on, playing on a top side in the Premiership always means he has higher wages plus the fact he was sign on a fee and all players end up with more wages from that deal because there is no transfer fee.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #181: Jun 25, 2008 05:32:27 pm
      Robert Pires Berkamp Overmars Drogba and list goes on were terrible in their first season. I think he must be given another season. We will be short of experienced substitute strikers anyway if crouchie goes.
      I am The Egg Man
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      • Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me!!!
      Reply #182: Jun 25, 2008 05:34:01 pm

It would be a bit of a cu*ts trick giving a newly promoted team Voronin, they would get relegated without even kicking a ball, he would be a huge burden on them.  Hah it would definatly be a low blow to ofload Voronin on one of the new teams, be a sport and give them a chance.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #183: Jun 25, 2008 06:33:12 pm
      Robert Pires Berkamp Overmars Drogba and list goes on were terrible in their first season. I think he must be given another season. We will be short of experienced substitute strikers anyway if crouchie goes.

Yes but them players were half decent and got better, Voronin is just terrible full stop.

He does'nt have the mentality to play in the prem and he is talking as if he is going to be able to compete with Nando next season. If we get Villa then Crouch will go and Rafa will probs want Voronin gone too. If he cant compete with crouch and Kuyt to partner Nando then he is going to be well off the mark when it comes to competing with Villa. Regarding back up to the srikers if Crouch goes along with him then we will still have Kuyt and hopefully Villa will be here. Not to mention there is also Babel who can play up front and we might even get to see Nemeth providing back up on a regular basis.

He had a very good start to the season but that was only really about a 6 game spell. He done well in pre-season too but that was against weaker teams.
      Like I said he does'nt have the right mentality to play in the prem.

Sooner he goes the better because, even though we wont get much for him and it wont be much more to go to the tranfer budget but it could go towards Villa's wages ;)
      « Last Edit: Jun 25, 2008 06:36:44 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »

Quick Reply