Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Andriy Voronin (Liverpool -> Dinamo Moscow)

Read 126577 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Andriy Voronin Thread
      Reply #207: Jul 18, 2008 09:55:45 am
      Read today that Rafa will sell him to raise fund for the Barry deal.

I can not see Rafa getting much for him, but I'm willing to be surprised. Thankfully he came on a free so it will all be profit,.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #208: Jul 18, 2008 12:31:02 pm
      I'm going to make a bold statement.  Voronin for 15 goals next season and another cheeky lob  :f_tongueincheek:
      FIVESTAR
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts | -11 
      Reply #209: Jul 18, 2008 12:40:02 pm
      can you get me some of what your on please
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #210: Jul 18, 2008 12:57:29 pm
      I told you it was bold.  But its a no brainer really.  Put your house on it mate ;)
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #211: Jul 18, 2008 01:31:40 pm
      Nice goal in Switzerland but he was given plenty of time and acres of space.

Neither is available in the Premiership.

I'm sure Rafa will make the right decision concerning his future with the club based on his performance in Premiership conditions.

Still an average squad player for me but I hope I'm wrong.

Fifteen goals?  Will he play fifteen games is more the point. >:D
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #212: Jul 18, 2008 04:54:11 pm
      Give the guy some credit.. It was a very good goal.
      Who's to say that he couldn't make some room in the prem to score a cheeky lob? He looked busy all game and played like a senior player. Yossi had a decent game along with Carra, did they only play well because of the quality of the team they were playing?... Hell no!!
      He's definitely got something to prove this season. Without injury's 15 goals is quite possible.. (don't normally do optimism)..

Either way.. Like i said before. "The king of pre season is back bitches"..... hahaha
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #213: Jul 18, 2008 05:04:04 pm
      Apparently Voronin is being sold to make way for another 3 million to help fund Barry!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #214: Jul 18, 2008 05:06:31 pm
      I dont care how much we get for him because we wont get much for him anyway, i just want him to hurry up and leave
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #215: Jul 18, 2008 10:11:46 pm
      3 million for voronin that has to be some piss take.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #216: Jul 20, 2008 08:33:33 am
      Just saw this on Fansfc.com... might be some truth to it

09:33 19/07/2008

Hamburg are set to seal a £3m deal for Andriy Voronin

Martin Jol is now in charge of the Bundesliga side and is keen to add the Ukrainian to his attacking options.

Voronin spent his entire professional career in German football prior to his 2007 move to Anfield.

£3m, not a bad price.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #217: Jul 20, 2008 09:18:57 am
      I'm going to make a bold statement.  Voronin for 15 goals next season and another cheeky lob  :f_tongueincheek:
      f***in ell mate, you'll have to give me the name of your optician!!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #218: Jul 20, 2008 11:09:51 am
      I think if we could get 3 million for him that would be brilliant.

After all he didn't cost us anything !

He is very highly sought after in Germany.............must be that pony tail  ;)

He will probably do a 'Morientes' and go on a scoring spree when he goes back to the Bundesliga  ::)

Good Luck to him, he's never really fitted into the Anfield way of playing has he?
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #219: Jul 20, 2008 12:25:01 pm
      I feel dirty writing in this thread, I usually just ignore it and pretend he's not at the club! But 3mil is a great sum of money after the season this guy had, we can only hope this pre-season form is conning everyone so a firm offer is made!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #220: Jul 20, 2008 02:30:53 pm
      Voronin has been boss in pre-season. He's taken his goals well and linked up with the rest of the team nicely. Unfortunately some people won't give him credit because of his form last year. This is a new year and everybody starts on a clean slate. Torres' 30 goals last year count for nothin this season, so he has to do it again this time round. Voronin's poor performances count for nothin this year, so he has the chance to prove himself all over again.

So stop puttin the lad down at every given chance, get behind him and hope he can produce his pre-season form in the competitive games.
      Hogan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #221: Jul 20, 2008 02:54:37 pm
      About Voronin, I think hes a good player, I don't doubt him, everytime he plays and people are like wtf man hes dog bollocks, I just think well give him a chance.
      But at the end of the day hes not Liverpool class, not top four premier league class.

Look at it this way, would he get into Manchester United team, Chelsea team, Arsenal team?
      I find him a decent player, but I think its time we let him go.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #222: Jul 20, 2008 05:50:56 pm
      I think Voronin can be a good and useflul player providing he gets an injury free run and builds up some momentum. He is a confidence player and if he gets on a decent roll he can contribute with 12-15 goals next season which will more than do it for me. I am a believer in this lad and think he should be given another chance.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #223: Jul 20, 2008 06:18:16 pm
      I think Voronin can be a good and useflul player providing he gets an injury free run and builds up some momentum. He is a confidence player and if he gets on a decent roll he can contribute with 12-15 goals next season which will more than do it for me. I am a believer in this lad and think he should be given another chance.

I'm really split on what's the best thing to do with this lad. TBH, I think we can honestly say that last season was catastrophic for him, rarely scoring and spending a decent amount of time injured. When he did get his chances, IMO he squandered too many of them and offers far less to the team as a whole as does a player like Kuyt, who even when on a scoring drought never drops his head and gives his maximum. Perhaps this is whats lacking in Voronin's game - some of the problem is confidence, but maybe he doesn't have the same desire to fight as some of the others.

He came on a free so it's easy to say we should cash in on him now, after all, it'd be a tidy profit, even if very little in reality when we consider the amount of money required to sign even a half-decent striker nowadays. However, I agree with the point Dadorious makes - surely with a run of games he could show what he's capable of. But - in reality he's never going to get that. Torres will always be number one choice, Voronin will only ever play the odd game, and in this scenario Voronin will almost certainly never shine. At the end of the day I think I'd take the cash we can get than have a player who will probably never reach the standard we require, regardless of whether or not it's his fault.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #224: Jul 20, 2008 06:33:37 pm
      Voronin probably does good in pre-season because he is'nt playing in a full strength team and seems to read the game alot better than when we have the big guns playing and up against a strong team. I think if he stays then he will have another bad season so I think its time he went and we make a few million £ profit on him but that just IMO.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #225: Jul 20, 2008 06:36:25 pm
      He will probably do a 'Morientes' and go on a scoring spree when he goes back to the Bundesliga  ::)

Come on now MsG, lets not get carried away! :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #226: Jul 20, 2008 06:37:34 pm
      I'm really split on what's the best thing to do with this lad. TBH, I think we can honestly say that last season was catastrophic for him, rarely scoring and spending a decent amount of time injured. When he did get his chances, IMO he squandered too many of them and offers far less to the team as a whole as does a player like Kuyt, who even when on a scoring drought never drops his head and gives his maximum. Perhaps this is whats lacking in Voronin's game - some of the problem is confidence, but maybe he doesn't have the same desire to fight as some of the others.

He came on a free so it's easy to say we should cash in on him now, after all, it'd be a tidy profit, even if very little in reality when we consider the amount of money required to sign even a half-decent striker nowadays. However, I agree with the point Dadorious makes - surely with a run of games he could show what he's capable of. But - in reality he's never going to get that. Torres will always be number one choice, Voronin will only ever play the odd game, and in this scenario Voronin will almost certainly never shine. At the end of the day I think I'd take the cash we can get than have a player who will probably never reach the standard we require, regardless of whether or not it's his fault.

I think that's a pretty fair assumption on Voronin, when he did get his chance last season, admittingly they were few and far between, he didn't really do anything to make Rafa want to play him in the next game, tough I know, but you have to take your chances when they come, unfortunately for Voronin he didn't do that.

Like Ayrton said, he's never going to be first choice striker, and if we do get Robbie Keane, he'll be pushed further down the pecking order again, cash in on him now and say thankyou and goodbye.

Come on now MsG, lets not get carried away! :D

Well you never know Paul, he might just surprise us all  :o  :laugh:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #227: Jul 20, 2008 11:48:55 pm
      Andrie may prove to be a better player than most give him credit for if he gets a run of games but if a club was willing to offer £3M for him I would much rather have the likes of Pacheco and Nemeth on the bench and give them a chance to prove they are up to it at the top level. Sometimes it can hinder these players if a player like Voronin is one the bench and only likely to play in 10-20 games a season.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #228: Jul 21, 2008 12:52:46 am
      I've said we should get behind the lad (check in previous posts) for a while now.. It did seem like people were competing to say funny but negative things about him way too much.. It almost became fashionable..
      At the same time i do understand peoples frustrations with him, i just hope for everyones sake he proves a lot of doubters wrong..
      Semple
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      The Sell Voronin Campaign
      Reply #229: Jul 28, 2008 03:53:10 pm
      Hes hada a decent pre-season, but i am sick of seeing such an ordianry player wear the liverpool shirt. Plus with ngog and keane coming in and nemeth and pacheco on the fringe of the squad, we have 6 or so strikers. Come on rafa, get smart and sell for a healthy profit!!!!

Quick Reply