Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Andriy Voronin (Liverpool -> Dinamo Moscow)

Read 125761 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Andriy Voronin (Liverpool -> Dinamo Moscow)
      Jul 05, 2007 01:19:01 pm
      Does anyone accuatly believe the Voronin is good enough for the premiership nevermind Liverpool. A mean, hes not terrible but he dosent seem to be quick enough and to be clever enough to fit in at the club. I tihink rafa will have him gone next summer and will bring in another striker possibly in january or next summer. Anyone else have a thought?
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2010 03:23:27 pm by Reslivo »
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Voronin?
      Reply #1: Jul 05, 2007 02:07:14 pm
      no were near liverpool quality, would be more like watford quality
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #2: Jul 05, 2007 03:38:41 pm
      Please reserve judment till you've actually seen him play 4 or 5 games for us.

We woudn't have bought him in if we didn't think he could do a job.

i reckon he could bang in 40 next season.  6 of those will be over head kicks.

camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #3: Jul 05, 2007 03:44:48 pm
      i'm not too confident of him i would get rid of him in january and get defoe.but i'll give him a chance
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #4: Jul 05, 2007 04:00:21 pm
      I'm not too confident of him I would get rid of him in january and get defoe.but I'll give him a chance

I like replies like this..."Yeah, let's just get rid of him and get in Defoe in January"!

Why january, why not now?

If Defoe leaves Spurs...because he's on the bench...do you think it will be to Liverpool, were he'll be sitting on our bench?

Or do you think Rafa should drop Kuyt, or Crouch to play Defoe?
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #5: Jul 05, 2007 06:12:09 pm
      Does anyone accuatly believe the Voronin is good enough for the premiership nevermind Liverpool. A mean, hes not terrible but he dosent seem to be quick enough and to be clever enough to fit in at the club. I tihink rafa will have him gone next summer and will bring in another striker possibly in january or next summer. Anyone else have a thought?

I cant understand some people Raffa did this deal a few months ago so he must see something in him, I'm sure he did not bring him in to warm the bench.
      So lets not pick at the bones yet, give the man a fair chance, you just never know he is big and strong.
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #6: Jul 05, 2007 06:48:46 pm
      I don't get this guy at all, surely just a squad player, has never seemed all that special when i've seen him, which i admit isn't much, maybe he'll surprise us all.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #7: Jul 05, 2007 07:12:39 pm
      Free transfer.  I haven't seen enough of him to start slagging him off.  Some of you call yourself Liverpool supporters.  I don't know many true Liverpool supporters who would slate a player before he has even pulled on the shirt.

If forum's were around in years gone by, you would have been the type who would have screamed and shouted when we brought in the likes of David Speedie and Ronny Rosenthal.  Both who helped us to win titles.  For all you know Voronin may be built for the Premiership.

A big reputation and a big name does not guarantee success. 

If anyone slagging him off already wants to stick their money where their mouth is and wants to suggest that Voronin is going to be our worst striker in terms of goals scored per minute played then I would be happy to match your wager.
      ian1967
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #8: Jul 05, 2007 07:22:18 pm
      my query is, did rafa do the deal before he knew he would have cash to spend in the summer???

it's a fact, that he's brought players in in the past, to simply keep first teamers on their toes, and to add to squad depth. kromkamp and nunez are prime examples, and to be honest i think bellamy was brought in for similar reasons. there was no way bellamy was his first choice striker. if voronin was signed with rafa knowing he'd have serious funds available in the summer, then i think he was signed as rafa believes he can genuinely improve the first team, however if rafa did not know he would have a generous budget, there's every chance he was signed for similar reasons to kromkamp, nunez etc...

what do u reckon?
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #9: Jul 05, 2007 07:22:30 pm
      From what I've seen of him he's not the greatest technically, but he doesn't mind getting stuck in & should cope well with the physical side of the Premiership. Obviously he has been brought here as 4th choice, but I think he could do a job against the Boltons of this world & considering he'll probably get about the same amount of games as Fowler did last season I don't think we could get much better that will be willing to sit on the bench so much
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Jul 05, 2007 07:26:40 pm
      I've hardly seen anything of the fella so I'm not gonna say anything.

But the Liverpool supporters who are doubting him already, badly need to get a grip! He hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet!!  ::)
      RED YOS 23
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #11: Jul 05, 2007 07:35:20 pm
      Free transfer.  I haven't seen enough of him to start slagging him off.  Some of you call yourself Liverpool supporters.  I don't know many true Liverpool supporters who would slate a player before he has even pulled on the shirt.

If forum's were around in years gone by, you would have been the type who would have screamed and shouted when we brought in the likes of David Speedie and Ronny Rosenthal.  Both who helped us to win titles.  For all you know Voronin may be built for the Premiership.

A big reputation and a big name does not guarantee success. 

If anyone slagging him off already wants to stick their money where their mouth is and wants to suggest that Voronin is going to be our worst striker in terms of goals scored per minute played then I would be happy to match your wager.
        Spot on mate !How the hell can anyone slag Voronin off when he hasn't even played for us yet,for f*ck sake give the bloke a chance.I haven't seen him play so it wouldn't be fair for me to judge him yet.As we have just signed Torres, it could be an ideal situation for Voronin because, nobody is expecting him to play that well so he has a lot less pressure than the other strikers.I'll laugh my tits off if he ends up our top scorer !Good luck to the lad.
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #12: Jul 05, 2007 08:36:41 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua9RCnpqfLI

got a pretty good finish on him and seems to be in the right place at the right time, he could be a surprise player for the preimership!!
      « Last Edit: Jul 05, 2007 08:39:09 pm by lfc 4life »
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #13: Jul 05, 2007 08:41:21 pm
      Not really see owt of him to judge just yet i dont think he will get many games anyway with Torres.Crouch and Kuyt ahead of him in the pecking order.
      marcopolored
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #14: Jul 05, 2007 08:41:35 pm
      Rafa new their was going to be new owners when he bought him.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #15: Jul 05, 2007 09:01:01 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua9RCnpqfLI

got a pretty good finish on him and seems to be in the right place at the right time, he could be a surprise player for the preimership!!

You have had a radical change in your opinion in the last couple of hours....
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #16: Jul 05, 2007 09:11:12 pm

You have had a radical change in your opinion in the last couple of hours....

He deleted his ealier post after you said that :D

I've put it back in the thread.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #17: Jul 05, 2007 09:27:52 pm
      lets give the guy a chance before we say he is not good!   maybe he will be a hit or maybe not.  but we have to give the player a chance,don't think rafa brought him to anfield because he was on a free transfer only, he should have somthing to offer if rafa believed in him and brought him in
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #18: Jul 05, 2007 09:36:26 pm
      his stats dont fill me with confidence but that is hopefully a case of him not suiting the league he is playing in - morientes style.

not seen much of him but in rafa I trust

He deleted his ealier post after you said that :D

I've put it back in the thread.

ha ha nice one!
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #19: Jul 05, 2007 09:44:52 pm
      Looks like a strong lad to me, haven't ever even heard of him before rafa signed him, but if rafa signed him he must have something to offer us, but if he was reading this thread from some of the posts he might aswell think of not even turning up for this club, give the lad a chance, anyone fancy a little flutter on him being topscorer next season?!
      Semple
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #20: Jul 06, 2007 02:42:54 pm
      i will trust in Rafa as froim what i have seen on youtube, he looks decent! IN RAFA WE TRUST!
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #21: Jul 06, 2007 05:08:27 pm
      Всё в норме, ребята. Набьет Ворона еще голов за вас, будете его фамилию еще на Анфилде распевать!

Couldn't agree with you more mate ;):P:S
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #22: Jul 06, 2007 06:10:03 pm
      Couldn't agree with you more mate ;):P:S

I used Babel fish and it came up with this

Everything within the standard, children. The crow still of head for you will crowd, you will its surname even on Anfilde sing!

see now you know what he's on about. ???

Quick Reply