Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Fernandez Suso (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 190817 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Fernandez Suso Player Thread: Liverpool > AC Milan
      Reply #1311: Jan 17, 2015 11:33:35 am
      The things that bothers me most, we're losing Gerrard at the end of the season, we'll be looking for some one to provide his creativity, his range of passing etc.

We already had it in our ranks and we've just let it go for peanuts, Suso has shown albeit in Youth Games he has those abilities, I just hope it doesn't make players like Texeria question their future here.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1312: Jan 17, 2015 11:40:46 am
      The things that bothers me most, we're losing Gerrard at the end of the season, we'll be looking for some one to provide his creativity, his range of passing etc.

We already had it in our ranks and we've just let it go for peanuts, Suso has shown albeit in Youth Games he has those abilities, I just hope it doesn't make players like Texeria question their future here.

It's impossible to tell though

Sometimes you just have to trust the judgement of those who see him everyday

The game is littered with young talent who don't kick on, he's a kid who looks to have talent but as I said I trust those who see him everyday

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1313: Jan 17, 2015 11:53:54 am
      If he runs down his contract and shows no sign of re-signing then there isn't much we can do

It's inevitable really

Sell him last summer?

I'm sure Brendan may have known then that he wasn't really in his plans.

Maybe this is one though that we would lose on a free but too often we don't get the value we should for players we get rid of for whatever reason.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1314: Jan 17, 2015 12:38:05 pm

What if he refused with the intention of running his contract down and leaving on a free for the big sign on fee
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1315: Jan 17, 2015 12:52:06 pm
      Will he even start at Milan? El Sharaaway, Bonaventura, Menez and Honda plus a few others. Might drop deeper in midfield.

Anyways good luck to him. I tend to trust the club when they release youngsters.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1316: Jan 17, 2015 01:36:14 pm
      Will he even start at Milan? El Sharaaway, Bonaventura, Menez and Honda plus a few others. Might drop deeper in midfield.

Anyways good luck to him. I tend to trust the club when they release youngsters.

milan paid 1m to get suso this window, this according  to  various reports
      here is one...http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/552595/confirmed-Liverpool-Suso-sale-AC-Milan
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #1317: Jan 17, 2015 03:00:35 pm
      he is gonna be class, he never really did get a chance here. we played him out of the postion and judged him out of that. i honestly believe if we would have let him play in the middle, he would have shown his class. so in my opinion, we fu**ed up.

but i like suso, so good luck to him
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1318: Jan 17, 2015 03:18:21 pm
      Sometimes you just have to trust the judgement of those who see him everyday

I've seen some of these players they bring in/attempt to bring in mate, not sure trust is the best word to use. :D

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1319: Jan 17, 2015 06:57:36 pm
      Not sure how much truth there is in this, but I heard off my lad (who heard it from a friend who apparently knows someone) that the lad is a bit of a shelvey: too cocky, doesn't listen, a bit lazy and has a bit of an attitude as if he's already made it.

I'd be inclined to take this with a pinch of salt, but if true, it would certainly explain a few things.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1320: Jan 17, 2015 09:02:14 pm
      Not arsed

Had he shown enough he would have got more of a chance

Good luck to the lad

Can't expect him to show it if he doesn't play mate! Letting him go for free is a disgrace.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1321: Jan 17, 2015 09:04:38 pm
      Can't expect him to show it if he doesn't play mate! Letting him go for free is a disgrace.

I don't see why people can't see that maybe he didn't deserve one

Up to the gaffer as far as I'm concerned
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1322: Jan 17, 2015 09:13:32 pm

Maybe, but we'll never know for sure. One thing for sure the lad has talent, we have Coutinho, Markovic and Lallana ahead of him in the pecking order, so maybe a transfer was best for him, but to let him go free! Wage saving in effect probably.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1323: Jan 17, 2015 09:15:23 pm

Up to the gaffer as far as I'm concerned

To be honest I can see that, but then I think what has Allen done to merit his selections ?, what's Lucas done to merit being frozen out (up until recently) etc.

Whilst I support Rodgers, I don't always support his decisions, some of which I think do more damage than good, on balance he does plenty that does more good than damage, what I'm trying to say is he's not infallible, he'll not get every single little decision right, he will make mistakes and on this one, I feel its one of his mistakes and I don't feel any reason not to say it, he's human after all.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1324: Jan 17, 2015 09:16:36 pm
      Maybe, but we'll never know for sure. One thing for sure the lad has talent, we have Coutinho, Markovic and Lallana ahead of him in the pecking order, so maybe a transfer was best for him, but to let him go free! Wage saving in effect probably.

He's out of contract so no choice

Wouldn't re-sign due to lack of first team football

Evidently didn't force the manager to give him more time, didn't deserve it

I'm genuinely not bothered mate. Can't lose sleep over it
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1325: Jan 17, 2015 11:54:32 pm
      Evidently didn't force the manager to give him more time, didn't deserve it

Means nothing, for all we know Rodgers might have just not wanted to play him regardless. It happens.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1326: Jan 17, 2015 11:59:33 pm
      There has been and will be plenty of young players we feel we're not given a proper chance.

At the end of the day Suso never convinced Rodgers in training which would be in line with accusations of him being lazy in training.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Fernandez Suso: Liverpool > AC Milan
      Reply #1327: Jan 18, 2015 06:47:53 am
      odd isn't it that apparently everyone and their mother around here knows that Suso was lazy.  Didn't look lazy any of the games he played in.  Was he lazy in training?  who knows, maybe, maybe not.

But this narrative that he is 100% lazy in training when no one here has ever actually witnessed him in training is ridiculous.  It's just hearsay.  And yet, people just accept it as truth.

funny that, people see transfer links in papers and laugh it off because it's based on nothing, and yet they wholeheartedly believe stuff like "Suso was lazy in training" even though there is not one shred of evidence to suggest that that was the case.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1328: Jan 18, 2015 07:43:33 am
      Means nothing, for all we know Rodgers might have just not wanted to play him regardless. It happens.

Look people are more bothered than me by this, I genuinely am not

All I'm saying is if the manager felt he was good enough he would have used him.. If he was that good he wouldn't have not used him regardless.

People are going on like we have let Messi go when ultimately we don't know either way if he will actually make it to a decent level or not. All I'm saying is I'm inclined to trust the manager who sees him in training every day

Like is say good luck to the kid
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1329: Jan 18, 2015 08:12:24 am
      All I'm saying is if the manager felt he was good enough he would have used him.. If he was that good he wouldn't have not used him regardless.

do you realize what you're arguing here? 

"If he was that good he wouldn't have not used him regardless."

you're saying if a player is used then it must be because he's good.

And yet Rodgers continually plays Allen, Skrtel, Lovren, etc, Balotelli was undroppable for awhile etc etc.

so clearly the fact that a player plays doesn't mean the player is actually good. 

And conversely if a player doesn't play it doesn't mean he's not any good.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1330: Jan 18, 2015 09:49:22 am

"If he was that good he wouldn't have not used him regardless."

you're saying if a player is used then it must be because he's good.

And yet Rodgers continually plays Allen, Skrtel, Lovren, etc, Balotelli was undroppable for awhile etc etc.

No Fed.

What he is saying is that if a player is used it is because the manager thinks he's good and if he's let go its because the manager doesn't rate him.

Whether you or I agree on his assessment is pretty irrelevant.
      « Last Edit: Jan 18, 2015 04:29:33 pm by srslfc »
      ACMilanLFC
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Reply #1331: Jan 18, 2015 10:57:03 am
      I've never seen him play, I can't judge.
      Milan don't have a great tradition with Spanish players ;D
      If he's injury-prone, he'll risk ending up as Pato (who was really a great talent).
      His arrival will result in the sale of El Shaarawy, I'm sure about it.
      At the moment AC Milan are one of the worst teams for a talented young players for several reasons: fans have no patience and are tired of ending up 40 points behind first place, the team can't play football because the coach doesn't even know how to train.
      All the talented youngsters who played for Milan in recent years have been lost (Pato) or are playing far below their potential (El Shaarawy and De Sciglio), as well as having millions of injury.
      I hope Suso can surprise.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1332: Jan 18, 2015 12:41:02 pm
      No Fed.

What he is saying is that if a playee is used it is because the manager thinks he's good and if he's let go its because the manager doesn't rate him.

Whether you or I agree on his assessment is pretty irrelevant.

Well exactly

I'm not saying if I think he is good enough or not, I can't because I haven't seen enough of him to judge

However the manager has seen him and doesn't for whatever reason

If I think he is good enough is irrelevant

I'm not arguing if he is or isn't as I haven't seen him, it's not really a discussion about Allen or whoever, that's a different debate, but comparing Suso against Allen is frankly a none discussion, none of us have seen enough to judge Suso

My only point is that the manager has and has decided he isn't good enough or doesn't fit for whatever reason

Not much we can add to it as saying he would be great is again a none starter of a debate because we can't judge him.

Like I say good luck to the lad

That's not what I'm arguing, I'm not arguing anything at all really, certainly not what you're suggesting

Thanks though

:)

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1333: Jan 18, 2015 02:15:07 pm
      I'm not arguing if he is or isn't as I haven't seen him, it's not really a discussion about Allen or whoever, that's a different debate, but comparing Suso against Allen is frankly a none discussion, none of us have seen enough to judge Suso

My only point is that the manager has and has decided he isn't good enough or doesn't fit for whatever reason

To be fair though Suso hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip. He did more in the Middlesborough League Cup game than Joe Allen has done all season, yet Likkle Joey will still get a start in the first team and soon as he's back fit, no matter if he's having a bad spell.

Brendan has his faves, of that I've got no doubt!

Quick Reply