Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Fernandez Suso (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 191957 times
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Re: Fernandez Suso Player Thread
      Reply #943: Apr 28, 2014 03:52:01 pm
      Does some damage from the middle racer doesn't he?
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #944: Apr 28, 2014 04:43:36 pm
      Could see Suso being played as a RCM opposite of Coutinho in a diamond midfield.  Something like:

Migs
      Johno  Skrtel  Agger  Enrique
                      Gerrard
              Suso           Coutinho
                      Sterling
               Studge   Suarez

With both of Suso and Coutinho favoring their left and right feet respectively, they would constantly be looking to cut inside which would mean that the width would need to be provided by overlapping fullbacks.  Sterling could provide the penetration with runs from deep, and Gerrard plays his quarterback role.  Many will likely slate me for excluding Flanno in favor of Enrique, but I believe the game against the Chavs yesterday illustrated a need for natural width against teams who park the bus. 
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #945: Apr 28, 2014 11:35:09 pm
      Does some damage from the middle racer doesn't he?

Quite like him centrally.
      Think he played there at youth level and he'd be a great option for us.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #946: Apr 29, 2014 12:40:53 pm
      Hope that he gets a push for the first team next year, like Sterling has this season. If we are to sign Lallana then i hope Suso gets a chance to prove he is worthy to start in our midfield alongside him rather than be on the bench instead of him.

With Suso i feel if we don't give him his break in the starting 11 consistently soon, another team will be willing too and then he will go on to progress to be a world beater.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #947: Apr 29, 2014 01:03:24 pm
      Quite like him centrally.
      Think he played there at youth level and he'd be a great option for us.

Wouldn't mind seeing him in a deeper role eventually Racer.  Don't think he has the legs to run around endlessly but his reading of the game and passing ability should make him a shoe in for Stevies position in 3/4/5 years time.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #948: Apr 29, 2014 01:55:26 pm
      Wouldn't mind seeing him in a deeper role eventually Racer.  Don't think he has the legs to run around endlessly but his reading of the game and passing ability should make him a shoe in for Stevies position in 3/4/5 years time.

I think that is Suso's favourite position isn't it? Think he said something along those lines last season/earlier this season. Can't wait to have the lad back.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #949: Apr 29, 2014 02:48:53 pm
      I think Suso's going to be a boss addition to the squad next season. Wish we could've had him available vs Chelsea, but spending an entire season on loan getting first team minutes is going to be so beneficial for everyone.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #950: Apr 29, 2014 03:07:52 pm
      I think that is Suso's favourite position isn't it? Think he said something along those lines last season/earlier this season. Can't wait to have the lad back.

Didn't know that mate but it makes sense to me anyway that we look at how it could work.

I can't wait either and going off his latest interview he can't wait either.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #951: Apr 29, 2014 09:35:25 pm
      He looks much stronger physically this season seems to have bulked up. This kid is gonna be top class I hope Rodgers gives him a chance next season.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #952: Apr 30, 2014 09:39:37 am

I'd have him back for the coming season and start grooming him as Stevie's replacement for that role in cup games, he's got the range of passing and the ability to excel in that role in my opinion, said it before and I'll say it again, but I think Suso will be the fulcrum of the Spanish national side in years to come, I look at the likes of Isco who is a good player but he doesn't look to have the natural talent and grace of Suso, there is something special in Suso, ability wise he's years ahead of his age.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #953: Apr 30, 2014 12:29:24 pm
      I'd have him back for the coming season and start grooming him as Stevie's replacement for that role in cup games, he's got the range of passing and the ability to excel in that role in my opinion, said it before and I'll say it again, but I think Suso will be the fulcrum of the Spanish national side in years to come, I look at the likes of Isco who is a good player but he doesn't look to have the natural talent and grace of Suso, there is something special in Suso, ability wise he's years ahead of his age.

Agreed Daz he's a very special talent and I can't wait to see what he's capable of under Brendans guidance.  I have a feeling he could be a slow burner though so I hope he's given the time so he can really shine.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #954: Apr 30, 2014 09:00:27 pm
      I have a feeling he could be a slow burner though so I hope he's given the time so he can really shine.

I don't think he will be to be honest, he's been shining at Almeria, the kid just needs a stage to perform on other than the ressies, I know the Premier League is a big step up but that's why he was sent out on loan, to help him progress that little further and get him ready for the big league.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #955: Apr 30, 2014 09:26:07 pm
      No chance I'd sit him in Stevie's role. His best position is very free. Either the top of a diamond or wide in a 4-3-3.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #956: May 01, 2014 07:59:47 am
      No chance I'd sit him in Stevie's role. His best position is very free. Either the top of a diamond or wide in a 4-3-3.

He's wasted out wide, his range of passing and vision are his best asset's in my opinion, he could perform a Xabi, Gerrard role easily, I could see him sitting deep and dictating play, dropping pin point balls into the channels for the likes of Sturridge and Sterling.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #957: May 01, 2014 08:57:45 am
      Gerrard

Henderson  Suso

Sturridge  Suarez  Sterling
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #958: May 02, 2014 03:21:55 pm
      He's wasted out wide, his range of passing and vision are his best asset's in my opinion, he could perform a Xabi, Gerrard role easily, I could see him sitting deep and dictating play, dropping pin point balls into the channels for the likes of Sturridge and Sterling.

I made this point about a year ago (that Suso could be a Xabi type player) but I don't think he is quite ready to sit as our lone CDM yet.  I don't think he has the positional discipline or physical presence to cover for our CB's when necessary.  He could definitely play as part of a 2 man midfield if he had a "destroyer" next to him (similar to the old Masch/Alonso pairing). 

The good news is that he won't need to play as a holding mid just yet as we have Stevie to fill that role next year.  I think Suso will split time as one of our two more attack minded CM's with Coutinho/Hendo/Allen.  Not embarrassed to say it.... a midfield 3 of Gerrard, Suso, and Coutinho gets me wet just thinking about it!!  :lmao:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #959: May 02, 2014 03:55:40 pm
      I've read on RAWK that he has the highest assists for an u21 across all 5 top European Leagues this season.  If that's true, that's a phenomenal stat considering the lack of quality he's supplying.

Imagine how well he'd be doing with SaSaS as his team mates.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #960: May 02, 2014 04:17:06 pm
      I've read on RAWK that he has the highest assists for an u21 across all 5 top European Leagues this season.  If that's true, that's a phenomenal stat considering the lack of quality he's supplying.

Imagine how well he'd be doing with SaSaS as his team mates.

Skrtel doesn't like this post :D

True though Debs it is an incredible stat and the lad is going to be a massive boost for us on his return. Him, Coutinho and perhaps Lallana fighting it out for who gets first dibs on that No. 10 role can only be a good thing for us. Fitting all 3 in the side might of course be possible but highly unlikely, 2 of the 3 though will cheer our strikers up no end.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #961: May 02, 2014 05:20:40 pm
      Skrtel doesn't like this post :D

True though Debs it is an incredible stat and the lad is going to be a massive boost for us on his return. Him, Coutinho and perhaps Lallana fighting it out for who gets first dibs on that No. 10 role can only be a good thing for us. Fitting all 3 in the side might of course be possible but highly unlikely, 2 of the 3 though will cheer our strikers up no end.

Haha, who cares how Brendan fits them all in but I'm sure he's working out a dastardly plan to do just that as we type  ;D
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #962: May 04, 2014 07:48:59 pm
      got sent off against Betis today, but they won 3-2 with a late goal.

On a side note, such a shitty league is La Liga. Just go and watch their last minute goal. There are 5 or 6 Almeria players free in the box! at injury time! and all the defenders of Betis are just ball watching. doesn't even happen in Sunday League.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3sklS4GD0o#ws
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #963: May 04, 2014 10:09:19 pm
      got sent off against Betis today, but they won 3-2 with a late goal.

On a side note, such a shitty league is La Liga. Just go and watch their last minute goal. There are 5 or 6 Almeria players free in the box! at injury time! and all the defenders of Betis are just ball watching. doesn't even happen in Sunday League.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3sklS4GD0o#ws

Oh yes, La Liga is definitely a shitty league because of a youtube video of a corner. The fact they have 3 teams in European finals this season is a mere detail.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #964: May 05, 2014 12:14:21 pm
      Seems strange that people would see him as a replacement in Stevie's role. The boy is an attacking midfielder through and through, actually reminds me of Isco quite a bit. I agree that he could perhaps play in a partnership with Gerrard (much like Alonso and Modric at Madrid) but certainly not as a lone man.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #965: May 05, 2014 06:24:40 pm
      Seems strange that people would see him as a replacement in Stevie's role. The boy is an attacking midfielder through and through, actually reminds me of Isco quite a bit. I agree that he could perhaps play in a partnership with Gerrard (much like Alonso and Modric at Madrid) but certainly not as a lone man.

I think when people are comparing him to Gerrard they are talking about his earlier years, not the role he's now playing.

Quick Reply