Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Fernandez Suso (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 191974 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Re: Fernandez Suso Player Thread
      Reply #897: Dec 19, 2013 02:49:27 am
      Even if it was a choice, I really am happy with him doing well and getting games.  He is doing really well there.  The thing is and I don't want to put a damper on it.  But I would have rather him started poorly and got better.  He has been good from the start in La Liga.  He was quick to impress in Spain.  And last season he wasn't that good here.  To me it says at the moment he is better suited over there.  Let him complete the season and see how he has progressed overall.  For me it may not be a bad idea letting him continue there if possible beyond the season.  He is young, game time is key to his development. 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #898: Dec 19, 2013 10:19:46 am
      Just hope that he wants to come back and fight for his place. Hopefully he isn't tempted to stay in Spain.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #899: Jan 08, 2014 04:10:49 pm
      how is he doing on the pitch lately? and has he made any noise of returing or joining Almeria on permanant bases? some players tend to that. anyhow hope he comes back, always rated suso and i still believe that he can be a world beater one day.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #900: Jan 08, 2014 04:33:56 pm
      Quite a lot of rumours he was getting booed on the pitch. He was accused of not turning up for training and not putting enough effort in. So much so that he defended himself on twitter. Wonder if there is a chance he could come back early?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #901: Jan 09, 2014 01:01:44 am
      Quite a lot of rumours he was getting booed on the pitch. He was accused of not turning up for training and not putting enough effort in. So much so that he defended himself on twitter. Wonder if there is a chance he could come back early?

Yeah, the rumor was he was drunk and missed training or turned up considerably late.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #902: Jan 09, 2014 01:05:42 am
      Yeah, the rumor was he was drunk and missed training or turned up considerably late.

Given the position Almeria are in I don't think they have any right booing arguably their best player this season regardless of whether he missed/late for a training session.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 823 
      Reply #903: Jan 09, 2014 01:08:04 am
      Given the position Almeria are in I don't think they have any right booing arguably their best player this season.

Agreed, especially as he seems to be putting is heart in where it matters, on the pitch in games. Wasn't he on-par with Messi and co for assists at one point in the season.

His young wouldn't be surprised if he did get drunk and turned up late next morning, considering his ability and attitude prior it wouldn't have been an major issue for me. Personally if they wanted to send him back id welcome him with open arms, he seems to have really matured in his play out there.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #904: Jan 09, 2014 01:09:23 am
      Agreed, especially as he seems to be putting is heart in where it matters, on the pitch in games. Wasn't he on-par with Messi and co for assists at one point in the season.

Think he was ahead of Messi, not too sure but he is there abouts for sure like.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 823 
      Reply #905: Jan 09, 2014 01:12:13 am
      Think he was ahead of Messi, not too sure but he is there abouts for sure like.

Exactly and that's no easy feat at all. If they had a better strike force who knows how many more assists the lad could have got. Him, Coutinho, Suarez and Sturridge would be an immense attacking line up in my eyes.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #906: Jan 09, 2014 01:20:18 am
      I guess it would explain why he only featured the last 4 minutes in their 3-0 win over Granada.

Watched the game but didn't hear the boos.

Regardless has 2 goals to his name and 5 assists, involved in 7 of the 19 goals his team has scored. He has also been substituted in the last 10 games he has played and came off the bench in their last game as mentioned above.

Quality little player in my books.

garlo
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 518 posts |
      Reply #907: Jan 09, 2014 08:01:44 am
      Given the position Almeria are in I don't think they have any right booing arguably their best player this season regardless of whether he missed/late for a training session.

You can't be serious? If Almeria is paying his wages (which they are) and the fans pay the for the tickets which go to his wages then he should put the effort in. Doesn't matter if it's Gerrard, Ronaldo, Messi or anyone! you turn up and do what you are paid to do. It's a job for these guys. I'm sure if you turned up to work hours late due to a hangover people wouldn't be impressed. No single player is bigger than any club.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #908: Jan 09, 2014 11:26:48 am

F***ing hell lad. If he didn't bother to turn up for training because he had something better to do (getting drunk?) then he deserves to be punished. We certainly wouldn't have that here and no club should.

Not to concerned about his stats if he's acting that way. He'll never have a career here if he doesn't mature as a person.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #909: Jan 09, 2014 11:29:44 am
      Suso said all those rumours were rubbish. He started last night as well I believe.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #910: Jan 09, 2014 12:22:24 pm
      You can't be serious? If Almeria is paying his wages (which they are) and the fans pay the for the tickets which go to his wages then he should put the effort in. Doesn't matter if it's Gerrard, Ronaldo, Messi or anyone! you turn up and do what you are paid to do. It's a job for these guys. I'm sure if you turned up to work hours late due to a hangover people wouldn't be impressed. No single player is bigger than any club.

F***ing hell lad. If he didn't bother to turn up for training because he had something better to do (getting drunk?) then he deserves to be punished. We certainly wouldn't have that here and no club should.

Not to concerned about his stats if he's acting that way. He'll never have a career here if he doesn't mature as a person.

Christ sake you two get a damn grip!

If it happened then he made a mistake, as long as it doesn't happen again then seriously what is the problem? Have you two never made a mistake? Or are you both the most perfect people in the world (which I very much doubt!!)??

Also stop trying to take the moral high ground because you know damn well that if it was Suarez you both wouldn't exactly be too bothered as long as he makes up for it on the pitch and doesn't happen again.

Anyway, as it stands nothing of it has exactly been mentioned and the player would have come out and apologised and they'd be news of the incident happening so why don't you both stop getting your knickers in a twist?
      garlo
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 518 posts |
      Reply #911: Jan 10, 2014 08:25:28 am

If it happened then he made a mistake, as long as it doesn't happen again then seriously what is the problem? Have you two never made a mistake? Or are you both the most perfect people in the world (which I very much doubt!!)??

Also stop trying to take the moral high ground because you know damn well that if it was Suarez you both wouldn't exactly be too bothered as long as he makes up for it on the pitch and doesn't happen again.

Anyway, as it stands nothing of it has exactly been mentioned and the player would have come out and apologised and they'd be news of the incident happening so why don't you both stop getting your knickers in a twist?

To be honest I was happy to see Suarez go during the transfer window because of everything that went on. But I am glad he stayed because he made the effort to get back. I am not saying I'm perfect either but if it were my job to be professional footballer I would damn sure value it more than do something like that. There has to be consequences for sh*t like that.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #912: Jan 10, 2014 09:39:46 am
      Nobody knows for sure if he was drunk just rumours - I'm sure I read somewhere he does not even drink.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #913: Jan 10, 2014 11:24:43 am

Simply pointing out that it's unacceptable and the fans have every right to treat him they way they'd like in this case. Obviously it's not something you should 'boo' for the remainder of the season.

End of
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #914: Jan 10, 2014 03:24:15 pm
      Simply pointing out that it's unacceptable and the fans have every right to treat him they way they'd like in this case. Obviously it's not something you should 'boo' for the remainder of the season.

End of

The fans don't have any right treating him in any such way when it hasn't even been confirmed and is just a rumour.
      Jimbo_Revolution
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts |
      Reply #915: Jan 10, 2014 06:52:01 pm
      Always rated this lad highly, would love to see him come back and fight for his place. I've said it before, but I fear him becoming Pacheco mark II
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #916: Feb 06, 2014 09:42:06 pm
      With 6 assists, he is currently tied for 10th most assists in La Liga.  He has as many assists as Messi and Ronaldo!! 
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #917: Feb 06, 2014 10:05:21 pm
      No problem for me with this lad coming back and slotting straight in to the team for me.

Quality.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #918: Feb 06, 2014 11:42:17 pm
      No problem for me with this lad coming back and slotting straight in to the team for me.

Quality.

Straight in at who's expense?

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #919: Feb 06, 2014 11:50:51 pm

Alternate him with Coutinho for me.

Quick Reply