Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Fernandez Suso (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 191959 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Fernandez Suso Player Thread
      Reply #920: Feb 07, 2014 12:05:59 am

Henderson for me.

Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #921: Feb 07, 2014 12:44:46 am

That would leave us too vulnerable in the midfield, especially in the counter attack in my opinion.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #922: Feb 07, 2014 02:06:57 am
      Don't think he and Coutinho could hold up well together. Too lightweight.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #923: Feb 09, 2014 06:42:37 am
      Another assists for the lad. They beat the leaders 2-0.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #924: Feb 09, 2014 11:16:25 am

No one, yet. He'll still have barrel loads to prove when he returns to Liverpool. He's the big fish in a small pond right now, playing in a league where you have thinking time. Good player, no doubt, but his performances for Almeria do not warrant him a place in our starting XI. I still think Coutinho is the better talent
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #925: Feb 10, 2014 05:51:15 pm
      very good game by our Suso against Ath.Mad.

Suso vs Atletico Madrid (H)
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #926: Feb 21, 2014 12:40:30 am
      any news on hows his doing? is he back in the team?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #927: Feb 21, 2014 03:47:42 pm
      any news on hows his doing? is he back in the team?

Shouldn't you be the one telling us? ;D
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #928: Feb 21, 2014 10:35:09 pm
      He wants a new contract with us apparently. He also wants another season at Almeria.

"I've got a season left at Liverpool, but I think it would be best for me if I prolong my contract with them and then have another year at Almeria", he told Spanish daily AS.

"But it's not up to me to decide", he added.

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #929: Feb 22, 2014 02:13:46 am
      The prospect of having Suso, Alberto, Teixeria, and Coutinho fascinates me, but we can only really accommodate two of them.

Teixeria and Alberto on loan next season?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #930: Feb 22, 2014 02:17:49 am
      I'd leave Suso there to gain more experience or even opt to loan him out to premier league team if any are interested. 
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #931: Feb 22, 2014 05:09:25 pm
      The prospect of having Suso, Alberto, Teixeria, and Coutinho fascinates me, but we can only really accommodate two of them.

Teixeria and Alberto on loan next season?

Just because they can't play every game doesn't mean we loan them. Injuries and fatigue step in as well as playing more games next season (hopefully).
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #932: Mar 08, 2014 07:11:16 pm
      He wants a new contract with us apparently. He also wants another season at Almeria.

That would be a perfect scenario. Allow him to stay in a team that he is settled in to continue to gain valuable experience and mature physically. I think he could play a part here next season, but perhaps consistent game time is more important to allow him to realize his full potential. I personally believe he has the talent and ability to become a world beater in the next few years!!
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #933: Mar 10, 2014 09:33:44 pm

I'd hope Suso will be back with us next season and with European football pretty much guaranteed there will be no shortage of fixtures so we'll need him. For me he showed nearly as much promise as young Sterling last season so I really hope he gets the new contract he is after. It will be like signing a new player.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #934: Mar 12, 2014 11:29:50 pm
      Suso would be a great player if given the chance here, Januzaj is nothing compared to Sterling and Suso. We have great great young players here.

He would be the perfect player competing with Coutinho and since both are young, it would not be unfair competition. I think that Coutinho is too idolized here while some of this performances are average at best. Suso on the other hand seems to have much more desire to create wherever he is on the field. Coutinho vanishes too often for me, although he is very good. Coutinho has a lot to improve if he wants recognition.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #935: Mar 13, 2014 04:51:38 pm
      you would "vanish" too if you were a 21 year old creative midfielder asked to play in one of the highest paced hardest working midfield threes in the world at the moment. i mean he's only three years older than you, alex, try and have some compassion and understanding!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #936: Mar 13, 2014 05:23:45 pm
      Suso would be a great player if given the chance here, Januzaj is nothing compared to Sterling and Suso. We have great great young players here.

He would be the perfect player competing with Coutinho and since both are young, it would not be unfair competition. I think that Coutinho is too idolized here while some of this performances are average at best. Suso on the other hand seems to have much more desire to create wherever he is on the field. Coutinho vanishes too often for me, although he is very good. Coutinho has a lot to improve if he wants recognition.

Because it's easy playing the creative mid-fielder and facilitator roles for the biggest club in the world right?

harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #937: Mar 14, 2014 01:02:37 pm
      I'd hope Suso will be back with us next season and with European football pretty much guaranteed there will be no shortage of fixtures so we'll need him. For me he showed nearly as much promise as young Sterling last season so I really hope he gets the new contract he is after. It will be like signing a new player.

I really want him at LFC for the long term, but I can't help but feel like maybe a 2nd year on loan where he can play 30+ games would be a good option.  He is at the age where he will improve leaps and bounds IF he gets plenty of 1st team exposure and experience.  If he can get that here, then let's have him back.  Otherwise, give him a contract extension to lock him down to a long term deal and then send him on loan again to help him develop into the star that he is destined to be!!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #938: Mar 14, 2014 05:30:27 pm

I agree, when both him and Sterling first burst onto the scene under Rodgers, i personally preferred Suso and thought he should have got the go ahead, not Sterling. I think when he returns and gets regular football for us he will show the maturity in his play which Sterling has been showing this season.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #939: Mar 14, 2014 06:47:26 pm
      I'll be a little bit gutted if this kid ends up not making it with us. He's got a wand of a left foot and being of that inclination myself about 30 years ago, I've always got a soft spot for them. It maybe though that he ends up being more suited to the Italian or Spanish leagues, which is a shame because he's a wonderfully talented footballer.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #940: Mar 14, 2014 06:58:53 pm
      It maybe though that he ends up being more suited to the Italian or Spanish leagues, which is a shame because he's a wonderfully talented footballer.

He'll be good enough to make it here, he'll be the fulcrum of the Spanish midfield in years to come.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #941: Apr 27, 2014 12:52:17 pm
      Scored for Almeria today, apologies for the quality.

https://vine.co/v/Mvnmz5PwQMh

Can't wait to have him back next season.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #942: Apr 28, 2014 01:24:56 pm

Quick Reply