Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

French Ligue 1

Read 83934 times
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: French Ligue 1
      Reply #207: Oct 26, 2013 12:56:46 pm
      French football is definitely one of the more intriguing leagues to take an interest in at the moment!

Very under appreciated around Europe mate. Fine league with very nice talents :)
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #208: Oct 26, 2013 10:10:41 pm
      Tough loss today after I went to the pitch buzzing from the Redmen
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #209: Oct 29, 2013 10:40:43 am
      Just heard that after his performance at the weekend the Toulouse goalie tried to throw himself in front of a lorry but sadly it went under him
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #210: Nov 29, 2013 07:44:55 pm
      Black Friday watching Ligue 1 right now. Om vs Montpellier. Right at the start of the match OM player gets injured near the corner flag. Thought Borini's wailing was bad when he dislocated his shoulder. This guy sounded like he needed to be shot straight away.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #211: Aug 02, 2014 09:30:04 pm
      Ok, I know this is an odd question, but I've always wondered, why does Maxwell go wherever Ibrahimovic goes, does anyone have the slightest inkling?
      Bier
      Reply #212: Aug 02, 2014 11:23:08 pm
      Ok, I know this is an odd question, but I've always wondered, why does Maxwell go wherever Ibrahimovic goes, does anyone have the slightest inkling?

They're supposed to be good friends since their Ajax days, they lived together in Amsterdam for a while. They've also had the same agent since then, Mino Raiola.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #213: Aug 08, 2014 07:54:50 pm
      Opening game of the season for PSG and Ibrahmovic put them in the lead.

Just turned it on and I must say this team they are playing is utter bollocks. Ibrahamovic should have scored 4 already.

Lucas Moura selfishly tried to round the keeper with Ibrah open to his left; Ibrah then missed an open goal moments later; then missed a penalty.

Now Reims scored an equaliser :laugh:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #214: Aug 17, 2014 01:10:25 am
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #215: Aug 17, 2014 09:50:43 am
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #216: Jun 03, 2016 01:00:48 am
      Well, PSG could have busy summer.

Yahoo Sport Exclusive: PSG in talks with Simeone over manager's job

Yahoo Sport can exclusively reveal that Paris Saint German have started negotiations with Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone to replace current incumbent Laurent Blanc.

Even though the Ligue 1 season has just finished, manouevering has already begun for next season at Paris Saint-Germain. In an interview with Le Parisien on Friday, PSG owner Nasser Al-Khelaifi talks about necessary change. "If we continue like this, we will not get there (to win the Champions League). This is the time to change," he said. According to him, the change will "begin a new cycle" at the French giants.

According to information Yahoo gleaned from a source in Qatar, Nasser Al-Khelaifi has just begun negotiations with the coach of Atlético Madrid Diego Simeone. The chairman of PSG took the lead on this issue and is personally managing the discussions.

Laurent Blanc is more compromised than ever, even if he did extend his contract three months ago. Nasser Al-Khelaifi has not taken failure to win the Champions League well and wishes to bring in new blood. New information should filter on this issue in the coming days. Watch this space.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #217: Jun 28, 2016 11:53:44 pm
      Unai Emery has been named coach of Paris Saint-Germain. Good job for PSG IMO.

Unai Emery named coach of PSG in succession to Laurent Blanc

Unai Emery has been named coach of Paris Saint-Germain, replacing Laurent Blanc who left the club this week.

Emery had cut his ties with Sevilla two weeks ago, having led them to three straight Europa League titles, after being heavily linked with the PSG job. He was under contract with the Spaniards until June 2017 but negotiated an early release from his contract.

He was succeeded on Tuesday by Jorge Sampaoli, the former Chile coach agreeing a two-year deal with Sevilla.

PSG parted company with Blanc this week after the Frenchman paid the price for failing to get past the quarter-finals of the Champions League last season. The former national coach won three league titles, and domestic trebles after being appointed three years ago.

“It is with great pride that I agreed to become the Paris-Saint Germain coach,” Emery, 44, told the club website. “The club has become one of the biggest in Europe over the past few seasons and I am both happy and honoured to be able to help realise its great ambitions. I am eager to meet up with my new players as well as the people who work tirelessly every day to help the club grow.

“I know that an immense fervour exists around Paris Saint-Germain and I will be giving my best to ensure its millions of fans have a great deal to cheer about.”

The former Real Sociedad midfielder, who became a coach in 2004, was in charge of Valencia from 2008 to 2012 before taking over at Sevilla in 2013, transforming them into one of the most competitive sides on the continent.

“With 106 victories, he is the coach with the most wins at Sevilla in domestic and international competition and the second coach behind Joaquín Caparrós with the most games managed, 205,” Sevilla had said. “We wish Emery the best of luck in his next adventure.”

Emery, who has signed a two-year contract with an option for an additional season, will begin his duties immediately. “I am very happy to welcome Unai Emery as the new coach of Paris Saint-Germain,” Nasser al-Khelaifi, the chairman and CEO, said.

“Unai will bring to the club all his experience, his passion and his strong management skills and human qualities. He has a proven talent to get the most out of a team. I am convinced that our fans will love the spectacular style of football our team will play with Unai.”
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #218: Jun 29, 2016 01:54:31 am
      Unai Emery has been named coach of Paris Saint-Germain. Good job for PSG IMO.

Unai Emery named coach of PSG in succession to Laurent Blanc

Unai Emery has been named coach of Paris Saint-Germain, replacing Laurent Blanc who left the club this week.

Emery had cut his ties with Sevilla two weeks ago, having led them to three straight Europa League titles, after being heavily linked with the PSG job. He was under contract with the Spaniards until June 2017 but negotiated an early release from his contract.

He was succeeded on Tuesday by Jorge Sampaoli, the former Chile coach agreeing a two-year deal with Sevilla.

PSG parted company with Blanc this week after the Frenchman paid the price for failing to get past the quarter-finals of the Champions League last season. The former national coach won three league titles, and domestic trebles after being appointed three years ago.

“It is with great pride that I agreed to become the Paris-Saint Germain coach,” Emery, 44, told the club website. “The club has become one of the biggest in Europe over the past few seasons and I am both happy and honoured to be able to help realise its great ambitions. I am eager to meet up with my new players as well as the people who work tirelessly every day to help the club grow.

“I know that an immense fervour exists around Paris Saint-Germain and I will be giving my best to ensure its millions of fans have a great deal to cheer about.”

The former Real Sociedad midfielder, who became a coach in 2004, was in charge of Valencia from 2008 to 2012 before taking over at Sevilla in 2013, transforming them into one of the most competitive sides on the continent.

“With 106 victories, he is the coach with the most wins at Sevilla in domestic and international competition and the second coach behind Joaquín Caparrós with the most games managed, 205,” Sevilla had said. “We wish Emery the best of luck in his next adventure.”

Emery, who has signed a two-year contract with an option for an additional season, will begin his duties immediately. “I am very happy to welcome Unai Emery as the new coach of Paris Saint-Germain,” Nasser al-Khelaifi, the chairman and CEO, said.

“Unai will bring to the club all his experience, his passion and his strong management skills and human qualities. He has a proven talent to get the most out of a team. I am convinced that our fans will love the spectacular style of football our team will play with Unai.”

Indeed. Great choice by PSG.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #219: Nov 22, 2017 11:36:12 pm
      Marco Bielsa suspended by Lille after poor start to the season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42090289

This guy is the footballing version of Animal Collective. Raved about by hipsters the world over but F***ing sh*t in reality.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #220: Nov 22, 2017 11:41:34 pm
      Marco Bielsa suspended by Lille after poor start to the season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42090289

This guy is the footballing version of Animal Collective. Raved about by hipsters the world over but f**king sh*t in reality.

By hipsters do you mean pep guardiola ?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #221: Nov 22, 2017 11:44:53 pm

Deffo a Bielsa disciple.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #222: Nov 22, 2017 11:51:41 pm

Ok - perhaps overstating things a bit. But I don't think his influence is nearly as big as some people make out, just because Guardiola once said he was the 'best manager in the world'. I mean, his brilliant Argentinian side lost to Sven's England in the World Cup! It's a shame that his temperament is all over the place because then he might have made it to the upper echelons of today's great managers. But let's not pretend he's some sort of great revolutionary.
      « Last Edit: Nov 22, 2017 11:58:04 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #223: Nov 23, 2017 12:02:00 am
      Ok - perhaps overstating things a bit. But I don't think his influence is nearly as big as some people make out, just because Guardiola once said he was the 'best manager in the world'. I mean, his brilliant Argentinian side lost to Sven's England in the World Cup! It's a shame that his temperament is all over the place because then he might have made it to the upper echelons of today's great managers. But let's not pretend he's some sort of great revolutionary.

You don't give him as much credit as maybe he deserves, imagine a world of football full of Mourinho disciples......!!

El Loco has done more for football than the likes of Mourinho will ever dream about.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #224: Nov 23, 2017 12:04:59 am

He is F***ing nuts, that clip of him sitting on the hot drink cracks me up
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #225: Nov 23, 2017 04:01:11 am
      One version is that bielsa made an unauthorised trip back to south America to visit an old assistant who has cancer
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #226: Jan 15, 2018 04:55:37 pm
      Jesus,that F***ing french ref!http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42688079.Ya gotta think he's done as a ref now.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #227: Jan 15, 2018 09:07:03 pm
      Jesus,that f**king french ref!http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42688079.Ya gotta think he's done as a ref now.

And the tw*t gives the player a second yelliw as well
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #228: Mar 14, 2018 08:17:07 pm
      "You have to have a positive attitude and get the best out of the situation in which you find yourself" is the translation of the quote below, attributed to the late, great Stephen Hawking.

Because when you're a vacuous multi millionaire footballer earning 600,000 a week suffering from a sore foot, nothing is more relatable than comparing yourself to a genius who was wheelchair bound with motor neurone disease for 50 years of his life.

https://twitter.com/neymarjr/status/973982957949071371
      « Last Edit: Mar 14, 2018 08:22:11 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #229: Aug 17, 2018 11:37:32 am
      Lyon on BT Sports tonight if anyone want to watch Fekir! I will for sure!!

Quick Reply