Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Bundesliga

Read 143992 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,419 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Bundesliga
      Reply #759: May 26, 2020 06:48:33 pm
      Same old bayern" clear penalty.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #760: May 26, 2020 06:54:01 pm
      Anyone else watching on Foxsports stream, is that crowd noise added by them?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #761: May 26, 2020 06:54:57 pm
      That LB Davies for Bayern really caught my eye, could be some player him.

Yeah seen him a couple of times during their Champions League games, excellent player.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #762: May 26, 2020 06:55:15 pm
      Anyone else watching on Foxsports stream, is that crowd noise added by them?

Dortmund have added the crowd noise. Not keen on it myself and I’d have thought it would seem as more of a distraction than anything.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #763: May 26, 2020 06:58:54 pm
      Dortmund have added the crowd noise. Not keen on it myself and I’d have thought it would seem as more of a distraction than anything.

No it isn't, it is Foxsports, just switched Bundesliga channel on firestick, silent as F**k and can hear the players shouting, sounds like 2 complete different games. Surreal!

The internet stream using foxsports is excellent and HD so sticking with that!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #764: May 26, 2020 07:03:43 pm
      No it isn't, it is Foxsports, just switched Bundesliga channel on firestick, silent as f**k and can hear the players shouting, sounds like 2 complete different games. Surreal!

The internet stream using foxsports is excellent and HD so sticking with that!!

Strange. Maybe they are doing it so the swearing can’t be heard rather than to try and make it seem more normal.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #765: May 26, 2020 07:05:12 pm
      Dortmund a bit sh*t compared to Bayern but then most teams are.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #766: May 26, 2020 07:20:42 pm
      They might be sloppy in the odd game against smaller teams (especially early in a season) but when it's comes to crunch time at the end of the season Bayern always find a level that Dortmund just can't reach. Similar thing in Italy where Juve usually find a level to see off the likes of Napoli or whoever.

And it'll only get harder again for Dortmund when the likes of Hakimi go back to Madrid and Sancho gets sold.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #767: May 26, 2020 08:32:21 pm
      And it'll only get harder again for Dortmund when the likes of Hakimi go back to Madrid and Sancho gets sold.

Sancho never seems to step up when it matters most for them anyway it seems. Think I heard the commentator say that he’s not been involved in a single goal against Bayern in all the games he’s played against them.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #768: May 26, 2020 09:14:06 pm
      Sancho never seems to step up when it matters most for them anyway it seems. Think I heard the commentator say that he’s not been involved in a single goal against Bayern in all the games he’s played against them.

I've not really seen enough to understand the big hype about Sancho or Haaland. Bayern are a much better side.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,419 posts | 3414 
      Reply #769: May 26, 2020 10:14:13 pm

Ripped them a new one in the supercup
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #770: May 26, 2020 11:46:40 pm
      I've not really seen enough to understand the big hype about Sancho or Haaland. Bayern are a much better side.

Haaland looks weak as piss physically.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,419 posts | 3414 
      Reply #771: May 27, 2020 12:16:43 am
      Did make me laugh when we beat bayern in the CL last year and nico kovac complained about the financial power of English clubs.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #772: May 27, 2020 09:57:15 am
      Did make me laugh when we beat bayern in the CL last year and nico kovac complained about the financial power of English clubs.

They don't like it up em ;-)  There is something I really dislike about Bayern, the same way I hate any team who is too dominant, Celtic in Scotland, PSG in France. I just think it destroys leagues when you have teams who are so much better than everyone else, it becomes boring. For example I was quite looking forward to watching the Bundesliga title run in but now its effectively over after last night, the rest of the season is just a battle for European places, althoguh even that is more or less settled and relegation, but that too is pretty obvious. I guess the same could be argued for the Prem with us winning by miles but there is some genuine competition for European places and a  very interesting relegation tussle to follow.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #773: May 27, 2020 06:32:45 pm
      That LB Davies for Bayern really caught my eye, could be some player him.

I am surprised at how well he settled in with Bayern, when he made the move from MLS to Bayern I thought it might of been a jump to big but ever since the new manager gave him a chance to play with the first team he ran with it.

Watching RB vs Hertha, Grujic scoring off a corner but other than that been very quiet. Werner really does look like the type of player who would fit our style. Game itself has been scrappy and meh. 
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #774: May 28, 2020 11:59:24 pm
      So it's ok for us to dominate our league, but not ok for anyone else to dominate theirs? Interesting.

It's clear since February that Bayern are going to win the league, and Bayern are going to win the league. Winning 1 league title is hard, as we know. Winning 8 on the trot, even by Bayern's standards is incredible, given the mass turnover of players and coaching staff. Jürgen may not be too happy with it, but I'm sure Andreas and Mona and Shaq will be. Like ourselves, Bayern are one of the top clubs in the world for a reason, and Dortmund are one of the best of the rest for a reason as well.

More concerning from our point of view is the bug sweeping through the league. The bout of homesickness that almost every team is under. 5 home wins from 27 to date, means that it looks like we'll have an extra hurdle to deal with the home games we have left. When we get what we need to finish first, the season is not over, so there can be no let up. There's a home record to protect and a points record to hunt down.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #775: May 29, 2020 11:48:27 am
      So it's ok for us to dominate our league, but not ok for anyone else to dominate theirs? Interesting.

It's clear since February that Bayern are going to win the league, and Bayern are going to win the league. Winning 1 league title is hard, as we know. Winning 8 on the trot, even by Bayern's standards is incredible, given the mass turnover of players and coaching staff. Jürgen may not be too happy with it, but I'm sure Andreas and Mona and Shaq will be. Like ourselves, Bayern are one of the top clubs in the world for a reason, and Dortmund are one of the best of the rest for a reason as well.

More concerning from our point of view is the bug sweeping through the league. The bout of homesickness that almost every team is under. 5 home wins from 27 to date, means that it looks like we'll have an extra hurdle to deal with the home games we have left. When we get what we need to finish first, the season is not over, so there can be no let up. There's a home record to protect and a points record to hunt down.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realise we've won the prem the last 7 years. You will always get certain teams who are more dominant in any league, but even in Man Utd's heyday they still only managed 3 in a row and most years they had at least one team chasing them. Bayern are dominant in Germany for the same reason PSG are in France MONEY, they have way more money available than any of the other teams and that distorts the league. Citeh is probably the nearest equivalent in the Prem but the other teams are still very strong and rich enough to compete.

As regards home advantage, that will hurt the bottom feeders more than the top teams. Top teams tend to win home and away and while there is obviously an advantage to playing in front of your own fans its not so big an effect when you have a highly skilled and talented team.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #776: May 30, 2020 03:35:43 pm
      I went with Mainz v Hoffenheim,Mainz look like a relegation team,they hit the bar,saved a peno and are still 1-0 down.might try Herta second half.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,419 posts | 3414 
      Reply #777: May 30, 2020 03:52:30 pm
      Watching schalke being sh*t again
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #778: May 30, 2020 04:26:52 pm
      Augsburg a bit unlucky to not get a point based on the second half,Herta finished it with a last minute goal. 2-0.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #779: May 31, 2020 02:31:15 pm

Didn't know anyone was that arsed?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #780: May 31, 2020 03:46:52 pm
      Marcus Thurum took a Knee after scoring for Monchengladbach,guessing solidarity BLM,unless he does it after every goal?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #781: May 31, 2020 07:02:55 pm

Quick Reply