Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (87.4%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0.7%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (0.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (0.7%)
      Paul Konchesky
      (4.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (0.7%)
      Christian Poulsen
      (1.5%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (0%)
      Milan Jovanovich
      (1.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (0%)
      Fernando Torres
      (0%)
      Raul Meireles
      (2.2%)
      Daniel Agger
      (0%)

Birmingham 0-0 Liverpool: In-game & post-match midfield bashing

Read 60899 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Birmingham 0-0 Liverpool: In-game & post-match midfield bashing
      Reply #713: Sep 13, 2010 05:22:38 pm
      Which wankers voted Lucas and Johnson? ;D :laugh:

I'll own up to voting Poulsen, thought he was immense yesterday  :laugh: :nod:

Your joking right ?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #714: Sep 13, 2010 05:25:41 pm

The best midfielder at this club since Souness. F***ing epic.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #715: Sep 13, 2010 05:26:37 pm
      The best midfielder at this club since Souness. F***ing epic.

Now I know your taking the piss :D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #716: Sep 13, 2010 05:30:14 pm
      He is w**ker than the wankiest wankstain.

Still to early to tell  :f_whistle:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #717: Sep 13, 2010 05:30:59 pm
      Gerrard is not finished it is F***ing obvious the Gerrard and Torres combination does not work when you do not have a Xabi Alonso in midfield. I wish Roy would sit down and watch a few videos from last season so he can see this.

Gerrard is absolutely wasted in that position, look how much better we looked when he went back into centre midfield.

There must be relations of Poulsen and Lucas on the site as well F**k me who else could have voted for them.

As obvious as day who was man of the match for Liverpool yesterday Reina, anyone that thinks Lucas or Poulsen was better than him needs to be committed to a mental institution for a very long time.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #718: Sep 13, 2010 05:38:50 pm
      I would love to see Gerrard & Meriles (?) in the middle with Cole behind Torres, theres some sexy football!
      Put on the wings who you wish- Pacheco on the left & Kuyt on the right, decent starting 11 and a decent bench!

And i will get more angry and frustrated as the season wears on, and Roy turns out to be stubborn & clueless.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #719: Sep 13, 2010 05:40:01 pm
      I would love to see Gerrard & Meriles (?) in the middle with Cole behind Torres, theres some sexy football!

Sounds like a big gay romp. ;D
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #720: Sep 13, 2010 05:45:45 pm
      haha!

God! I dont even know why i am shocked by that comment! :D
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #721: Sep 13, 2010 05:57:09 pm

Excuse me? - Gerrard was sh*t yesterday, Just because I didnt mention him, doesn't mean I felt he had a good game. I just felt he was not worth mentioning as he was not the worst player out there

Nah lad you mentioned who was "poor".. Your words not mine.. Gerrard was poor and you didnt mention...???

I know it sounds like i'm picking at your post.. my bad.. I'm proper bitchin today.. *sighs*

Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #722: Sep 13, 2010 06:03:48 pm
      Gerrard has just bossed two games for England and looked like he was loving every minute so what happens when he gets back to his club ,play him in the whole behind a half fit Torres and starve him of any decent service by picking two midfield players who cant see a pass beyond 5 yards ,from what we seen of Meireles he could be the man to make the Torres/Gerrard option work .
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #723: Sep 13, 2010 06:06:04 pm
      haha!

God! I dont even know why i am shocked by that comment! :D

Don't be shocked by my innuendo, you'll get used to it. :D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #724: Sep 13, 2010 06:07:35 pm
      Don't be shocked by my innuendo, you'll get used to it. :D

In your endo
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,233 posts | 2809 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #725: Sep 13, 2010 06:11:11 pm
      Post match midfiled bashing  ;D

In fairness to the 2 blonde bombshells in the centre the 2 wide lads were shi*e as well. Worst midfield in years
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #726: Sep 13, 2010 06:12:07 pm
      This talk of Gerrard being finished is so fookin stupid.. He's not in form yet and probably unhappy with the way things are at the club.. No biggie.. At his best he's incomparable to none and at his most average he's still better than most.. I'm not worrying at all.. Yes i think Roy's the "Wrong man" to take us forward but with Raul and Cole back i don't think we'll be this sh*te for long..
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #727: Sep 13, 2010 06:15:45 pm
      I was just trying to second-quess Hodgson and work out what his ideal lineup might be. Thought I'd worked it out until I realised I had 12 players on the pitch, ;D

Reina
      Johnson  Carra  Skrtel  Konchesky
                      Poulsen
              Gerrard      Meireles
      Kuyt                                Jova
                        Cole
                       Torres

Maybe Cole is going to have to play a slightly wider role instead of Kuyt?

Reina

Carra  Skrtel  
      Johnson                      Konchesky
                        Poulsen

Gerrard
      Cole                                Jova
                           Meireles

Torres

Oh I don't know!
      What I do know, judging by the Brum game is that Poulsen isn't all that bad, he didn't set the world on fire but did a better job than Lucas. With Meireles on the pitch as well, he could be useful.
      Konchesky looked decent enough though I'm not surprised, I rate him anyway.
      Meireles looked excellent but he was coming on when everyone was getting tired so we'll have to see how he copes with a few games under his belt.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #728: Sep 13, 2010 06:19:54 pm
      Post match midfiled bashing  ;D

In fairness to the 2 blonde bombshells in the centre the 2 wide lads were shi*e as well. Worst midfield in years

I must admit I was surprised when I saw the title of this thread.

I don't think the defence or attack covered themselves in glory.  Especially the number of crosses we allowed in.

HOPEfully, things will be better when Meireles is in and Cole is back.  I think Gerrard might up his game when his England bessy Joe Cole is in the side.  And as much as he gets on my nerves, I even think we miss Kuyt in away games.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #729: Sep 13, 2010 06:21:26 pm
      Anyone remember this

Oooooooh oooohhhh we've got the best midfield in the world

We've got Xabi Alonso, Momo Sissoko, Gerrard and Mascheranoooo!!!

:f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,233 posts | 2809 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #730: Sep 13, 2010 06:23:05 pm
      I must admit I was surprised when I saw the title of this thread.

I don't think the defence or attack covered themselves in glory.  Especially the number of crosses we allowed in.

HOPEfully, things will be better when Meireles is in and Cole is back.  I think Gerrard might up his game when his England bessy Joe Cole is in the side.  And as much as he gets on my nerves, I even think we miss Kuyt in away games.

Nobody aside from Pepe the great covered themselves in glory (in my opinion Koncheskey done a decent job) yesterday. But as bad as the top 2 were it would help if the 4 behind them created something for them
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #731: Sep 13, 2010 06:37:54 pm
      The fetus (as a lad behind us at the game called him  ;D ) was pretty poor for me Bri. They all were in my view apart from the keeper, but if we're gonna single anyone out, I'd say Johnson was just about the worst for us. If there's one thing that absolutely makes my blood boil, it's a Liverpool player being half hearted when putting the pressure on.

As for the two in the middle of the pitch, they can't be slated for being played together. Two negatives don't make a positive. Lucas resembles Jamie Redknapp at times passing the ball sideways and Poulsen thinks too slow. I'm fed up with our engine room being out-thought and bettered by the opposition. And that's why I'd have Gerrard back in the middle all day long. I don't think Gerrard is playing much better lately anyway but there's less chance of him going hiding in the middle and it gives the opposition something to think about. Let's face it, being defensive in midfield invites serious pressure. I'd never play those two together in the middle ever again because it deems us toothless.

I think we are far unbalanced towards not losing than going out there with the intention to win and it F***ing pisses me right off. The players have about 10 minutes from the kick off where they look like they believe they can smash someone but it quickly drains out of them. The encouragement disappears and the frustration starts kicking in.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #732: Sep 13, 2010 06:42:08 pm
      This talk of Gerrard being finished is so fookin stupid.. He's not in form yet and probably unhappy with the way things are at the club.. No biggie.. At his best he's incomparable to none and at his most average he's still better than most.. I'm not worrying at all.. Yes i think Roy's the "Wrong man" to take us forward but with Raul and Cole back i don't think we'll be this sh*te for long..

He's not finished by a long shot, and I would never say he is (until he actually is ;D )

But yesterday he was piss poor, not just by his standards, but by anyones.

He seemed to be in good enough form for England - he needs to bring that form back to us as well.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #733: Sep 13, 2010 07:30:51 pm

Sideways passing from Gerrard. Shock horror. Where's his mention on being absolutely sh*te?

Slap a blonde wig on him and you'd be fu**ed trying to figure out who was the real Poulsen/Lucas.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #734: Sep 13, 2010 07:47:26 pm
      Poulson, Maxi and Lucas haven't got a decent forward pass between them. We have now played 4 games and scored just 2 goals while conceding 4. Both goals have been scored by forwards, it's going to be a long season, on the plus side Raul looked good and Paul looked ok, thank god we have got Pepe!!!.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #735: Sep 13, 2010 08:18:44 pm
      I hate to be the one to say it but "here we go again" really frustrated with yesterday's result, however I think we were bloody lucky to get a point after the work Birmingham put in, we are extremely lucky to have Reina else it could have been a completely different result.  I was quite impressed with Meriles late on though and we did look like a better unit pushing forward, so Woy start him next time alongside Lucas and see what happens. 

Before this game I had a feeling that this could be important in many ways, mainly for our away league form but also to break the association of the away draws against teams we should be beating in our sleep!

Quick Reply