Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Worst beers ever

Read 8792 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Re: Worst beers ever
      Reply #23: Sep 13, 2010 09:51:19 pm
      Has to be tenants. Heard of tasting like p*ss but to actually smell like p*ss on the opening of a can takes the biscuit!! Any drinkers of it here?

Woaaaaah, Tennents f**king brilliant! Sure they don't call it the Dirty T for nothing but it never lets you down.

£1.75 a pint in my union, £1.50 in the other one.

Sure it tastes like sh*te but its consistently sh*te. Guinness and ales can be brilliant or sh*te but Tennents occupies that genius middle ground where it never dissappoints or inspires... for those of us used to it and unfussy its brilliant.

And it gets the job done. A pint of tennents down a 1/4 of it, add a vodka lemonade and there you have rocket fuel for a night of student madness!

(Disclaimer, admittedly if i could afford pints of anything else i'd probably buy better lagers but student living dicates quanity over quality.)
      « Last Edit: Sep 13, 2010 09:57:51 pm by KS67 »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #24: Sep 13, 2010 10:34:16 pm
      ^^ Exactly. One reason im happy to drink Budweiser. Admittedly it aint the greatest beer, but for a cheap one it never lets me down. Neither here nor there, but i enjoy drinking it and on my budget, can't go wrong really.

If i could afford to regularly drink better i would. But i can't, so its cheap but reliable for me.

Saying that, id never touch Fosters or Victoria Bitter. Something about those two that is just horrible.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #25: Sep 13, 2010 10:44:11 pm
      Chang of course!

No seriously the WORST beer that I have ever drank was San Miguel from the Philippines, Dreadful! Not the Spanish stuff that's mmmm!

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #26: Sep 13, 2010 10:45:52 pm
      While Tenants is poor, I grew fairly fond of Tenants Extra, not to be confused with the Super incarnation.

But Budweiser is the worst.  Someone once described Bud as like making love in a canoe.  In other words, F***ing near water.  But you can add to the list Carling & Fosters.  Consistently flavourless & watery, I've had better cans of Panda Shandy.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #27: Sep 13, 2010 10:53:31 pm
      Victoria Bitter - an Aussie beer. Woeful.

Not particularly fond of the Carlsberg we have here, although the one i had in Dubai was much better.

Quite like the Odd VB! Reminds me of my Hols in Adelaide. Not too sure of the arsenic they use in it though.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #28: Sep 13, 2010 11:21:56 pm

%9.0 proof and like drinking treacle.

Used to love drinking that down the park! It was sound!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #29: Sep 13, 2010 11:26:13 pm
      Quite like the Odd VB! Reminds me of my Hols in Adelaide. Not too sure of the arsenic they use in it though.

What the F**k were you doing drinking VB in Adelaide? That's cardinal sin! :D
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #30: Sep 13, 2010 11:59:23 pm
      totally agreed on the Amewrican beers...Bud, Coors and Miller and all of their smaller beers (natural Light, Killians, etc) are awful.

I can drink oilcans of Foster's but the last quarter of any can is miserable.

Harp? Really? I quite like it.

I loved Beck's when I was younger, but couldn't drink it for a while. It's very hoppy and gave me heartburn. I'm back on it, though.

Bass is sh*t. Heineken is sh*t (here). Newcastle is dreadful.  Had a horrible bottle of an Eastern European beer called Rebel. Zywiec? sh*t. So many bad beers out there.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #31: Sep 14, 2010 12:02:29 am
      Colt 45 , now that was another sh*t beer!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #32: Sep 14, 2010 12:03:59 am
      I've just remembered Guiness Enigma - an awful lager, no longer in circulation, but it was Vile.
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #33: Sep 14, 2010 12:04:48 am
      Colt 45 , now that was another sh*t beer!

Oh man. Let's not get started on the malt liquors, Gareth. Colt, OE...oof.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #34: Sep 14, 2010 12:07:26 am
      Oh man. Let's not get started on the malt liquors, Gareth. Colt, OE...oof.
      Cant think of another one at the moment ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #35: Sep 14, 2010 02:25:28 am
      Agreed about American beers. Just doesn't do ti fo

Can we include cider in this topic - drink in general?? I personally like my Strongbow and Kopparberg. Mixed fruit is delightful! Anyone had that whiskey Highland Park (whiskey made in Orkney)?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,350 posts | 1627 
      Reply #36: Sep 14, 2010 07:37:28 am
      Anyone old enough from wales should remember these two it was so bad i dont think they sent it anywhere else/// Allbright & Brenin oh and one more just thought of Trophy bitter , yes they got the last bit right. Thing is though i remember them at being under 40p a pint so i dont think you could really complain.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37: Sep 14, 2010 07:38:58 am

What the F**k were you doing drinking VB in Adelaide? That's cardinal sin! :D

What vigB said. Get a Millers up ya RP! :D

But VB is just...urghh.

Almost every Aussie beer is brewed in the same machine thing. The beer at the top is Crown Lager, the middle stuff is Toohey's and Carlton, and the bottom stuff is VB - hence it's pissy taste.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #38: Sep 14, 2010 07:50:38 am
      What vigB said. Get a Millers up ya RP! :D

But VB is just...urghh.

Almost every Aussie beer is brewed in the same machine thing. The beer at the top is Crown Lager, the middle stuff is Toohey's and Carlton, and the bottom stuff is VB - hence it's pissy taste.

Coopers aint brewed in the same thing! :D And that is a quality South Aussie brew ;D I find even Crown Lager to be pretty sh*t considering the price and status of it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #39: Sep 14, 2010 07:55:17 am
      Crown Lager is glorified VB. Horrible sh*t and double the price.

Coopers is good but rarely find it in pubs but my local has it. On tap is very nice, a lighter taste but 50c extra :roll: :D
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #40: Sep 14, 2010 08:01:20 am
      Fosters and Budwiser are both rubbish
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #41: Sep 14, 2010 08:08:04 am

Thats a myth mate , Crown is a Lager , Tooheys and Carlton is a Draught and VB is a Bitter . surely they all have different recipes and couldn't be brewed in the same vat ???
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #42: Sep 14, 2010 08:14:19 am
      It's true.

VB, Crown and Carlton are all brewed in the same. Toohey's, your right. I was wrong there.

Probably why Toohey's is my beer of choice when i go out, it's separate from the other crap.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #43: Sep 14, 2010 08:38:52 am
      Crown Lager is glorified VB. Horrible sh*t and double the price.

Coopers is good but rarely find it in pubs but my local has it. On tap is very nice, a lighter taste but 50c extra :roll: :D

Aye, its the glory of living in SA - any decent pub has Coopers on tap. If it aint on tap, then that pub is sh*t and you move on :D

Basically what i thought when i drank Crownies the first time. When i started drinking i grabbed a six-pack thinking 'these are meant to be great' but was F***ing disappointed. They are for people who like to have a beer that looks good in a bottle at their parties and F**k the taste i think. Pure status, cos it don't taste any better.

Budweiser is getting a lot of hate :D I find out of all rock-bottom priced beers it is one of the better ones. It's still sh*t, but it aint the worst! :D
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #44: Sep 14, 2010 11:03:50 am
      Anyone old enough from wales should remember these two it was so bad I dont think they sent it anywhere else/// Allbright & Brenin oh and one more just thought of Trophy bitter , yes they got the last bit right. Thing is though I remember them at being under 40p a pint so I dont think you could really complain.
      Same here Andy, do you remember PMA or poor mans ale we used to call it, 19p a pint but tasted like dish water. Brewed in Rhymney along with Hobby Horse Bitter, but that a nice pint. The best part was the brewery was only half a mile from where I used to live, Oh the smell of hops. Then Whitbread came took over, and that was the end of a great brewery.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,350 posts | 1627 
      Reply #45: Sep 14, 2010 11:48:59 am
      Yes remember that fck we really drunk some piss in them far off days.

Quick Reply