Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Spirit Of Shankly - EGM Agenda 25th September 2010

Read 2255 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Sep 15, 2010 11:42:59 am

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/Spirit-Of-Shankly-_-EGM-Agenda-25th-September-2010.html

Wednesday 15th September 2010

The Spirit of Shankly Management Committee recognise the extreme concern of members and supporters and the current apparent lack of progress over the ownership situation.

The EGM agenda addresses a number of issues including supporter investment, launch of the Credit Union, pressure upon RBS and the Club to engage with the supporters and seeking authority for the closer working arrangement with Share Liverpool FC.

The EGM will take place at Zelig's in Liverpool One at 11.45am on Saturday 25th September 2010 prior to the Sunderland match.

The EGM will be recorded and streamed on a delayed basis within 24 hours of the meeting taking place.

In addition all members will be receiving in the week prior to the EGM via their registered email addresses a unique Personal Identification Number (PIN) to allow them to vote online in relation to the resolutions on the agenda.

The voting will open on the morning of 26th September 2010 and will remain open until 10.00pm (Anfield time) on the 28th September 2010

Please note if you click on the Spirit Of Shankly web page link to the actual Article there is a down loadable pdf file of the egm meeting agenda.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Spirit Of Shankly - EGM Agenda 25th September 2010
      Reply #1: Sep 15, 2010 12:45:38 pm
      I've had a look at the PDF.

Basically a number of the 'votes' involve the merging of SOS and Share Liverpool into a new SOS-SL group.  I'd imagine there will be stuff about the credit union.

They are also setting October 31st as a 'supporters deadline' for the sale of the club.  They will talk to investors who are interested in allowing fan ownership. 

If the club has not been sold or RBS extend the loan they will commence peaceful protests at RBS offices, inside/outside Anfield and at  the club stores.

The 1 member 1 vote thing is a step in the right direction.  Decisions were taken at the last meeting with less than 5% of the membership involved by a raise of hands.

I very much doubt proposals to vote such as full match boycotts will go out to all members.  But if it does then I hope the membership gets a little bit hardline.

Quick Reply