Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Scott Dann (Birmingham)

Read 3935 times
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Scott Dann (Birmingham)
      Sep 16, 2010 10:20:54 am
      Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is bracing himself for a January transfer window battle with Sir Alex Ferguson for Birmingham City's impressive central defender Scott Dann.

Hodgson wants to strengthen his defence and has targeted Liverpool-born Dann, who is also being closely monitored by Manchester United, and a couple of other Premier League clubs.

Birmingham manager Alex McLeish is desperate to hold on to Dann, who has formed a solid partnership with fellow central defender Roger Johnson.

But McLeish knows he could double his money on the 23-year-old, who moved to St Andrews from Coventry for £3.5million in July last year.

Daily Express
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Scott Dann (Birmingham)
      Reply #1: Sep 16, 2010 10:32:52 am
      Is it necessary? I mean, we already have Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Skrtel and Agger at the moment. Carra and Sotis are the 30+ ones, though.

;D, from wikipedia :
      Personal life
      He is a former Liverpool F.C. season ticket holder.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: Sep 16, 2010 11:34:26 am
      He is a reds fan, indeed.

I really like him as a player, but he shines in a mid table club and would fail to make the grade for us.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #3: Sep 16, 2010 12:52:08 pm
      Lacks a bit of pace aswell, I'd like us to buy a quick centre back the next time we are in the market to buy a centre back, as we have lacked pace down the middle for a long time. It's not imperative to have pace (e.g. Sami and Carra), but it's a good option.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #4: Sep 16, 2010 03:40:18 pm
      Decent player but not really needed right now is he?
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #5: Sep 16, 2010 05:03:52 pm
      Are whole squad will be all defenders ;D
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #6: Sep 16, 2010 05:29:38 pm
      Lacks a bit of pace aswell, I'd like us to buy a quick centre back the next time we are in the market to buy a centre back, as we have lacked pace down the middle for a long time. It's not imperative to have pace (e.g. Sami and Carra), but it's a good option.

Would you categorize Ayala as that quick centre back? I am just thinking we shouldn't be trying to buy someone that our youth can fill. Ayala will be a top back in the league in my honest opinion.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #7: Sep 16, 2010 06:03:36 pm
      I live with a Birmingham fan who regularly goes to watch them. He reckons Dann could easily play at a higher level. Not sure whether we need him though.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #8: Sep 16, 2010 07:01:52 pm
      I suppose maybe if we offloaded Kyrgiakos or something. Or perhaps Agger is going to move on?

Got to keep in mind though that things will change over the next few seasons or so - Carragher, for example, and it's best to get English players in now before their price absolutely soars at a slightly older age.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #9: Sep 16, 2010 07:11:14 pm
      Tricky one, but surely we have higher priorities?

We have young prospects in that position, and he is already 23 so hardly a fledgling.

With the article suggesting his price could rise to £7 million, then I'd say no thanks.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #10: Sep 16, 2010 09:10:06 pm
      Typical Liverpool target of late, if we are going for someone this average in January it means Hicks and Gillette will still be here.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #11: Sep 16, 2010 10:50:02 pm
      I like both Birmingham central defenders (Scott Dann and Roger Johnson).

I remember chatting to a Cardiff fan years ago and he was saying Johnson was by far the best defender in England outside the EPL. And he's proving he really is that good since moving to Birmingham.

But, as Kenny said, we have other priorities and many CBs at the club already.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #12: Sep 16, 2010 10:51:29 pm
      I like both Birmingham central defenders (Scott Dann and Roger Johnson).

I remember chatting to a Cardiff fan years ago and he was saying Johnson was by far the best defender in England outside the EPL. And he's proving he really is that good since moving to Birmingham.

But, as Kenny said, we have other priorities and many CBs at the club already.

I think that's spot on. I don't think Dann is just average. He's above average, as is Roger Johnson.

We are full of CB's at the moment, though.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #13: Sep 16, 2010 10:58:23 pm
      He is average and is no where near a Liverpool player but look if Hicks manages to gain full control this is the type of player we will continue buying but if we manage to get decent new owners we might be able to target top players instead.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #14: Sep 17, 2010 06:14:36 am
      If any of our defence move along, I wouldn't mind signing Dann. He's young, he's reasonably solid now and he still has time on his side to develop even further, arguably more at a big club with games. 

Went to my school too, this lad. Year above me. Was always a tall f**ker. :D Would be good to see him playing for us.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15: Sep 17, 2010 08:04:55 am
      He is average and is no where near a Liverpool player but look if Hicks manages to gain full control this is the type of player we will continue buying but if we manage to get decent new owners we might be able to target top players instead.

Bit more than average, mate. Him and Johnson are a big reason for Birmingham's rise. Both quality.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #16: Sep 17, 2010 10:31:30 am
      He's well above average. He's solid as for Birmingham. Him and Johnson seem to get in the way of everything.

We don't need another center back, though. We have youth that can come in and do a job (Kelly, Ayala, Wisdom, Wilson) when our first teamers are out.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #17: Sep 18, 2010 09:37:35 pm
      Was shocking today and scored an own goal but then what is expected he is average.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #18: Sep 18, 2010 09:38:46 pm
      I'd add looking at the comments posted on the Hull City site I'd prefer to see Ayala here next season because the is defo going to be a better player than Dann.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #19: Sep 19, 2010 03:40:28 am
      Was shocking today and scored an own goal but then what is expected he is average.

:roll:
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #20: Sep 19, 2010 08:10:11 am
      Why do we need another centre back, other positions should be priority with the little money we have.

Carra
      Agger
      Skrtel
      Sotis
      Wilson
      Kelly
      Ayala

With the likes of Wisdom coming through too..............unless its someone who is better than the above mentioned why bother.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #21: Sep 19, 2010 10:32:40 am
      Wisdom, Wilson and Ayala are all potentially better than Dann why waste money on him Diego.

With the high chance of Hicks now getting full control at Anfield, The £6 or £7 million it may take to buy him maybe our Summer budget after selling Torres and Reina.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #22: Sep 19, 2010 10:33:34 am
      Left out Mavinga as well, Dann is no better than what we have coming through give me Wilson all day long over him.

Quick Reply