Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Liverpool 4-1 Steaua Bucharest - In game and post match happiness

Read 41542 times
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Re: Liverpool 4-1 Steaua Bucharest - In game and post match happiness
      Reply #483: Sep 17, 2010 10:07:42 pm
      Av a bit of what ?, he scored a goal... not suddenly turned into Messi.
      Don't think i said he has turned into messi.
      Cracking goal and i am over the moon for him.
      Just celebrating the fact that a player who has had a lot of criticism has a good moment for the club.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #484: Sep 17, 2010 10:09:44 pm
      Don't think i said he has turned into messi.
      Cracking goal and i am over the moon for him.
      Just celebrating the fact that a player who has had a lot of criticism has a good moment for the club.

No but you said "For all the Lucas bashers, Ave It" and I said have what ?, he scored a goal. Is that not one of the minimum requirements we should expect from him, like to score a goal every now and then ?.

Believe me it was a cracking goal and he deserves the plaudits for it, but to say "Ave It", to any one who questions Lucas's abilities is a tad daft to be honest mate, when they could throw the majority of his perfomances last season back at you.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #485: Sep 17, 2010 10:24:40 pm
      No but you said "For all the Lucas bashers, Ave It" and I said have what ?, he scored a goal. Is that not one of the minimum requirements we should expect from him, like to score a goal every now and then ?.

Believe me it was a cracking goal and he deserves the plaudits for it, but to say "Ave It", to any one who questions Lucas's abilities is a tad daft to be honest mate, when they could throw the majority of his perfomances last season back at you.
      Fair point but my thoughts are that up to now he has played a very stifled role which reflects badly on him because he never gets much of a chance to show what he can do going forward.
      I have been told on many occasions that he is a cracking player breaking forward and i am willing him on to do that because i don't think he has been given a fair crack of the whip in the roles he has been given up to now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #486: Sep 18, 2010 12:28:49 am
      Loved Lucas' goal, put some meat behind that shot!

Thought Babel was absolutely poor though to be honest, very rarely got past his man and even my missus who isn't into football or understand it too well said to me "Why does he keep giving them the ball, should just put a yellow shirt on"!

Impressed with Kelly once more. Think Dani should have been given more time on the pitch, looked good in the short (no pun intended) time he was on.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #487: Sep 18, 2010 12:34:40 am
      Good result (in the end), thought they edged first half but we totally dominated 2nd and deserved the comfortable win.

Made up for Spearing, thought he had his best game for the club, great goal from Lucas, 2 more for Ngog and great to have Joe Cole back.

Bring on the mancs.........

Quick Reply