Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

SOS EGM 25th Sept & the Standards Corrupted Shirt

Read 3045 times
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 851 posts | 38 
      SOS EGM 25th Sept & the Standards Corrupted Shirt
      Sep 17, 2010 10:54:22 am
      This is currently on Rawk.  I have got my shirt, lets get wearing them with pride.  Lets show the world we are not pleased.

Right - it was a great result on the park last night, but off the pitch there was more disturbing news about shadowy dealings from at least one of our esteemed owners.

Loads of people are rightly getting stuck in and supporting the brilliant work by Roy, Fats and Ray and at least as many have rightly agreed  to sign up and support more direct action with SoS after the EGM.
      Well in.

However - the EGM only happens on the 25th - the date of our next home game.
      In the meantime those involved in the financing / refinancing or, optimistically, the sale of the club will be going about their business with little or no consideration of the wishes of us.

If the game is already sold out and the revenue banked, and talks of boycotts are neither feasible or executable in the time remaining, then we've only got limited options.

SO, I'm not asking whether you think its a great idea or not.
      I just want to know how many will be turning up to the ground an hour before KO to support Brownie's idea and to get some sizeable, visible presence of the black shirts and black flag campaign.

Realistically, we're going to need 100's not 10's of people there if this has got any chance of gathering some momentum;
      So, if you've stuck your hand in your pocket and bought a shirt, why not get along??
      If you haven't bought one and want one, either get one ordered or rock up on the day and we'll get one on your back.
      Or, if you don't agree with them because you think the sponsors deserve better or whatever, then no problem, but bring along a banner or summat.

So - let us know (please)

I think its important that we're realistic here - if you cant make it then no worries, I just need to get a sense of how far to push the boat out for this with other stuff that can get done to coincide with it IF we have enough numbers.
      « Last Edit: Sep 18, 2010 09:48:40 am by CRK, Reason: Fixed title »
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Re: Standards Corrupted Shirt
      Reply #1: Sep 17, 2010 10:59:03 am
      Another great idea Nick. I'd be there but its the Wife's birthday :D
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #2: Sep 17, 2010 11:02:38 am
      Happy Birthday to her.

I just wonder how many fans on here have purchased the Standards Corrupted Shirt?  Compared th the numbers who have bought the Replica shirt?

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3: Sep 17, 2010 11:29:27 am
      Based purely on the numbers on the orders poll we did there has been at least one hundred, probably more, bought by people on here. Black campaign outside the ground is a great idea. People could wear old black jerseys if money was tight
      redsox1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Re: SOS EGM 25th Sept & the Standards Corrupted Shirt
      Reply #4: Sep 25, 2010 12:36:46 am
      good idea

Quick Reply