Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

"I want title for Stevie"

Read 3194 times
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 981 posts | 14 
      "I want title for Stevie"
      Sep 18, 2010 08:19:58 pm
      Joe Cole has revealed how he will strive to do all he can to try and help Steven Gerrard clinch the only medal missing from his collection.

The Liverpool captain has lifted every major honour in club football apart from the league title during his glittering 12 years in the first team at Anfield.

It's something Cole is determined to change, with the Reds' No.10 insisting a player of Gerrard's quality 'deserves' to win the championship.

"He's a tremendous player. I've known Steven since I was 17 or 18 and I obviously trained and played with him for England for 10 years so I know what he's all about," he said

"But when you see him in a Liverpool shirt he's even better. A player like him deserves to win the championship.

"I know that's what he wants over the next four to five years at the club.

"He's a fantastic player and if he plays well the team plays well and it's up to me now to assist him and try to help the club move on."

Source: http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/cole-I-want-title-for-stevie

Get in, Joe.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Re: "I want title for Stevie"
      Reply #1: Sep 18, 2010 08:22:27 pm
      Why he came to LFC

for pride!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: Sep 18, 2010 08:27:07 pm
      Nice one Joe  ;D  Glad you came to Anfield.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #3: Sep 18, 2010 08:30:38 pm
      Don't we all Joe! Such a Mammoth task at the moment though,he sure does deserve it, one of the best players in the world for the past decade. I really want Nando to lift some kind of trophy this season for the loyalty he's shown too, It's been too long since we've seen anyone walking around the pitch with a trophy in their hands.

Fair play to Joe though, said all the right things since coming here, he's gotta play tomorrow!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Sep 18, 2010 09:52:08 pm
      And the title he shall have ;)
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #5: Sep 18, 2010 09:57:29 pm
      There's nothing I'd love more.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #6: Sep 18, 2010 10:08:32 pm
      Yeah man!! as soon as we can get rid of the those cancerous kunts at the top, we will take giant steps to remedy that situation, Players such as Stevie and Carra deserve to be Champions, they are champions of this club for their committment over the years and nobody deserves it more than them, well said Joe, you are fast becoming a legend of our fantastic club.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #7: Sep 18, 2010 10:10:40 pm
      You can see with the effort Joe Cole has put in, in all his Liverpool games so far, and with his celebration after scoring his first goal for us, that it means a lot for him to be playing for the club.  I would say that being so influential to the team and playing in his favoured position has made him happier than he has been in a long time.  You can tell that every fan has warmed to him immediately and in turn, he has warmed to us.

I'd love to see Joe Cole help Stevie win the title for LFC because that is more than he deserves, but that is a long, long way off in our current situation.  Great comments nonetheless.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #8: Sep 18, 2010 11:14:51 pm
      I tell ya back in the days when he played for West Ham I always though he was a good player and that we should have signed him when left for Chelsea as I think he'd have jumped at the chance, said the same about Lampard too, both players I reckon would have joined us and we'd probably have had a few premiership titles by now.

I just hope Cole can help us deliver some silveware over the next few years as he is right, if theres any players that deserves a premier league medal or two it's Stevie and Carra.
      nlong
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #9: Sep 19, 2010 02:56:16 am
      well said Joe
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #10: Sep 19, 2010 02:57:04 am
      Nice to hear thatcoming from Joe Cole. Seems like a player we should have signed a long time ago.

Hope Stevie does get a league medal of his own and hope Joe Cole wins many trophies with us.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #11: Sep 19, 2010 08:32:26 am
      I think Stevie will have to finish his career at Liverpool with out a premiership medal, but he has won every other medal that matters with the club.
      He can be very proud of what he has achieved when he hangs up the boots.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,584 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #12: Sep 19, 2010 10:49:41 am
      Aww Joey!
      Thats so sweet- i also want the same for Carra, Pepe & Nando- the commitment & service they have given us- they deserve to celebrate Number 19!
      It would be so good for our team to win something together, not just for the actual trophy but a sense of achievement that they did it as a team.

I may be deluded or overly optimistic- but we are more than capable of winning the league before Stevie retires!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #13: Sep 19, 2010 11:29:55 am
      No reason at all to doubt Joe's sincerity here. He's seen and experienced it himself and he's unselfishly doing his best for Stevie and Nando to achieve that. Any cup will do for the boys, particularly so for Stevie and Nando for their loyalty.
      « Last Edit: Sep 19, 2010 11:59:45 am by redkop63 »
      LFC_86
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #14: Sep 19, 2010 12:24:22 pm
      Joe Cole has been such a great signing and will no doubt continue to impress and i hope this season we can win something and in next couple of years build towards a challenge for title and give Stevie G the title he so badly wants and deserves for all he has given this great club of ours.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,102 posts | 883 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #15: Sep 19, 2010 01:23:13 pm
      Well siad Joe but unfortunatly it won't be this season
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 981 posts | 14 
      Reply #16: Sep 20, 2010 06:58:22 am
      Apparently when the players were leaving yesterday's match, the mancs booed Joe (chelsea rent boy..) and he responded with the 5 finger salute.

Class.

Quick Reply