Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Liverpool and Lazio friendship

Read 4689 times
      Mr RedDrake
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 10 posts |
      Jun 02, 2006 10:41:04 am
      I'm a Lazio fan with a great soft spot for Liverpool. At the Stadio Olimpico many fans wear red shirts and scarfs, and they consider that there's a great friendship with the red half of Liverpool.
      I think that the main reasons of this friendship are five:
      1) Liverpool FC have a great link with the city of Rome: they won two CL, and one (in 1984) beating our archrivals of AS Rome at their home! Believe me, that day the whole sky-blue half of the city supported the reds....  
      2) Liverpool and Lazio fans are loyal, not chasing-glory fans.
      3) Liverpool and Lazio fans love attacking, flowing football, not defensive tactics. At Anfield, like at The Stadio Olimpico, there's respect for the opponents that can be applauded if the play entertaining football.
      4) Apart from a small minority of right-oriented Lazio fans (that doesn't represent the true Lazio fans) Liverpool and Lazio fans are against politics in the stadiums and racism. At the stadium there's a great, not intimidating atmosphere: you can find many women and kids, and the game is the occasion for a rejoicing.  
      5) Lazio's official hymn is Non Sarai Mai Sola: the tune is completely different  but the meaning is YNWA.
      I've heard that some Lazio fans have entered in contact with some Liverpool fans, they have been to Anfield and they have started a mutual personal friendship: does anyone can confirm that?
      JIMI
      • Forum David Johnson

• 232 posts |
      Reply #1: Jun 02, 2006 01:51:26 pm
      I think we have good relations with alot of clubs around Europe .
      Inter Milan have an LFC fan club and i'm sure there are plenty of other
      clubs who love us . And why wouldn't they
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Re: Liverpool and Lazio friendship
      Reply #2: Jun 02, 2006 03:59:03 pm
      Quote from: "Mr RedDrake"
      I'm a Lazio fan with a great soft spot for Liverpool. At the Stadio Olimpico many fans wear red shirts and scarfs, and they consider that there's a great friendship with the red half of Liverpool.
      I think that the main reasons of this friendship are five:
      1) Liverpool FC have a great link with the city of Rome: they won two CL, and one (in 1984) beating our archrivals of AS Rome at their home! Believe me, that day the whole sky-blue half of the city supported the reds....  
      2) Liverpool and Lazio fans are loyal, not chasing-glory fans.
      3) Liverpool and Lazio fans love attacking, flowing football, not defensive tactics. At Anfield, like at The Stadio Olimpico, there's respect for the opponents that can be applauded if the play entertaining football.
      4) Apart from a small minority of right-oriented Lazio fans (that doesn't represent the true Lazio fans) Liverpool and Lazio fans are against politics in the stadiums and racism. At the stadium there's a great, not intimidating atmosphere: you can find many women and kids, and the game is the occasion for a rejoicing.  
      5) Lazio's official hymn is Non Sarai Mai Sola: the tune is completely different  but the meaning is YNWA.
      I've heard that some Lazio fans have entered in contact with some Liverpool fans, they have been to Anfield and they have started a mutual personal friendship: does anyone can confirm that?
      Before you were an arsenal fan???
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 02, 2006 07:02:28 pm
      As JIMI stated we are loved the world over coz were just oh how can i put this PERFECT IN EVERY WAY.
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Reply #4: Jun 02, 2006 07:03:33 pm
      true true
      Mr RedDrake
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 10 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 03, 2006 12:08:45 pm
      Liverbird wrote: Before you were an arsenal fan???

Correct mate, I'm an arsenal fan with a soft spot for Liverpool, but as I'm Italian (independently from my will...) and I live in Italy, it's quite obvious that I've got also may Italian team, and that's Lazio!!!!
      In 2002 I could manage to go to Highbury to see Arsenal Liverpool for the FA Cup (1-1); it was really a great match, and I've known  a lot of Liverpudlians, and I must admit that you're really special blokes and supporters..... It'is in that occasion that I was affected by a soft spot for the Reds. And there is much in common with Lazio, it's for this reason (not only for the classic "your enemy's enemy being your friend)" that we have supported Pool in both the roman CL final, and we have enjoyed your success.....
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #6: Jun 03, 2006 06:49:13 pm
      Thanks we already know were GREAT but think you need to have a proper look were you live ;D Are you really on planet earth  ;D

Quick Reply