Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Giving it straight. The Manc.

Read 8557 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,993 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Giving it straight. The Manc.
      Sep 22, 2010 10:09:13 am
      If anyone's not happy about me starting this thread then feel free to have it moved or put in a relevant section  :).
      I went to Sunday's game United v Liverpool and as such sent the following letter to the Liverpool Echo. Unfortunatly it doesn't look like it will be in the fan news section  :-\. Anyway, here goes.

==========================================================

After being a United fan for over 40 years I can safely say ive seen the good times and the bad times. From Denis Laws back heel that helped see us down to the second division, and the highs of doing the treble in 1999.

Watching the United & Liverpool game yesterday was certainly a match to remember if your a United fan. However, I couldn't help but be disappointed about the way Sir Alex conducted himself in the after match talks if what was said in the tabloids is true.

According to papers Sir Alex accused Torres of diving when O'Shea got in a clumsy tackle with him just outside the box. I do think Torres took advantage of the situation but don't we all at times in such a heated derby...

However, before accusing Torres of Diving he should take a look in his own backyard first. Watching the first half Nani was no different in a tackle with Konchesky running down the right wing. It was just a case of handbags at dawn. The way Nani went down was nothing short of scandalous in my opinion. He took a dive, simple as. Was anything said? Nothing.

Moving on late in the second half Nani was at it again. Only this time he should of been sent off. He got involved in another tackle with Agger inside the box. Did anyone see the swallow that flew over Nani's head before he went down? The poor bird lost a feather that landed on Nani's head which forced him to go down as if a ton of bricks had just landed on him.

To accuse Agger of bringing him down was a absolute disgrace. Once again Nani took another dive, it was all to embarrassing even if your a stone wall supporter of Manchester United you can't defend the indefensible.

So come on Sir Alex, if your going to play the game be fair. Nani as good as he is was bang out of order for deliberate diving on two occasions.
      « Last Edit: Sep 22, 2010 11:04:38 am by Reslivo »
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Giving it straight. The Manc.
      Reply #1: Sep 22, 2010 10:55:01 am
      Great post that Keith, but itss Agger mate not Accer :D, I admire your honesty though and the ability to remove your rose tinted and look at things from a neutral perspective.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,993 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2: Sep 22, 2010 10:57:35 am
      Great post that Keith, but itss Agger mate not Accer :D, I admire your honesty though and the ability to remove your rose tinted and look at things from a neutral perspective.

Sh!te your right, will change it now.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3: Sep 22, 2010 11:19:39 am
      Nice one Keith but could you not have sent the same letter to a Manc paper? Love to see the reaction you would get from that.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #4: Sep 22, 2010 11:22:30 am
      Nice one Keith.

Youre a decent chap.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #5: Sep 22, 2010 11:27:23 am
      Disgraceful , this diving malarky...... you'd never see an Arsenal player doin it  :f_tongueincheek:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #6: Sep 22, 2010 11:31:32 am
      Disgraceful , this diving malarky...... you'd never see an Arsenal player doin it  :f_tongueincheek:

Never catch a Liverpool player too, most notably because we struggle to create clear cut chances in the box. ;D
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #7: Sep 22, 2010 12:54:06 pm
      Good, objective analysis there.  Rare these days :)
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #8: Sep 22, 2010 01:08:42 pm
      I can only say one thing about Fergie accusing Torres for diving: Ronaldo.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #9: Sep 22, 2010 01:13:11 pm
      I can only say one thing about Fergie accusing Torres for diving: Ronaldo.

I wouldn't go down that route - we've had our own players dive before & it's refreshing to say, that on here we have usually called our players on it.  But Nani was atrocious, I called him $10 Whore most the game, because he went down so cheaply.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #10: Sep 22, 2010 01:56:18 pm
      I wouldn't go down that route - we've had our own players dive before & it's refreshing to say, that on here we have usually called our players on it.  But Nani was atrocious, I called him $10 Whore most the game, because he went down so cheaply.

There is a difference between going down easy, exaggerating a meaningful contact and blatant diving.
      For me, with the exception of NGog's one diver against Birmingham, Liverpool players don't dive, it is not something they have ever done that I can recall.  Gerrard sometimes goes down a little easy, Owen was the same, I don't like it, but that is not the same as what Nani was doing.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,993 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11: Sep 22, 2010 01:59:08 pm
      Nice one Keith but could you not have sent the same letter to a Manc paper? Love to see the reaction you would get from that.

Yes i can, tell me which paper and i will send it. Problem is, if it isn't going to be printed in a scouse paper then theres less chance it will be printed in a Manc one  :D don't you agree?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #12: Sep 22, 2010 02:04:31 pm
      Yes i can, tell me which paper and i will send it. Problem is, if it isn't going to be printed in a scouse paper then theres less chance it will be printed in a Manc one  :D don't you agree?

Post it on a popular Man Utd site, then send us a link so we can look at the reactions.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #13: Sep 22, 2010 02:07:33 pm
      There is a difference between going down easy, exaggerating a meaningful contact and blatant diving.
      For me, with the exception of NGog's one diver against Birmingham, Liverpool players don't dive, it is not something they have ever done that I can recall.  Gerrard sometimes goes down a little easy, Owen was the same, I don't like it, but that is not the same as what Nani was doing.

That's exactly right.

I don't think Liverpool players actually dive (except for N'gog's against Birmingham) but some do exaggerate alot. Steven Gerrard did say in his book that he only dove once because he thought a dangerous tackle was coming and he couldn't bear to get injured before the world cup. He does goes down easily at times, though. I'd say Fernando Torres exaggerates.

I would put Ronaldo as a real diver even though he probably does it less now. However, I think Nani and Drogba deserve oscars for their acting.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #14: Sep 22, 2010 02:11:26 pm
      Yes I can, tell me which paper and I will send it. Problem is, if it isn't going to be printed in a scouse paper then theres less chance it will be printed in a Manc one  :D don't you agree?

Worth a shot though, post to any paper in the world mate, they're all manc lovers!

Rodders has got the right idea.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #15: Sep 22, 2010 02:13:57 pm

I would put Ronaldo as a real diver even though he probably does it less now. However, I think Nani and Drogba deserve oscars for their acting.

I'd say Drogba is the worst diver, he's a collosus of a fella with pace and power, but goes down like he's been sniped by Lee Harvey Oswald.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,993 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16: Sep 22, 2010 02:37:47 pm
      Post it on a popular Man Utd site, then send us a link so we can look at the reactions.

I'm not a member of any. I tried to join Redcafe a while back but admin problems so never bothered trying again. I read the site from time to time anyway. I don't like it, to much effing and geffing  ;D Don't get me wrong i use it myself. However, its every fooking word  :lmao: I don't think you would need a link to know how they would react  :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,993 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17: Sep 22, 2010 02:39:51 pm
      Great pictures RedLFCBlood   ;D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #18: Sep 22, 2010 02:43:17 pm
      I'd say Drogba is the worst diver, he's a collosus of a fella with pace and power, but goes down like he's been sniped by Lee Harvey Oswald.

Hmm, yeah, I noticed back in 2008/2009, he outmuscles our tough Jamie Carragher and yet he goes down easily when Martin Skrtel and Lucas came!

Anyone notice how Drogba's body twitches when he's on the ground?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #19: Sep 22, 2010 04:57:36 pm
      Should of named this the 'Bend over so i can kiss yer arse' thread.

If O'Shea was sent off and we went on to win, i bet a different tune would be sung.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,993 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #20: Sep 22, 2010 05:07:57 pm
      Should of named this the 'Bend over so I can kiss yer arse' thread.

If O'Shea was sent off and we went on to win, I bet a different tune would be sung.

Thats bullsh!t Crouchy, i'm saying it as it is, the truth. I don't crawl up anyones ar$e
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Sep 22, 2010 06:00:44 pm

Says a Manc on a Liverpool forum ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,993 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #22: Sep 22, 2010 06:06:24 pm
      Says a Manc on a Liverpool forum ;)

Whats that got to do with anything?
       Its open to anyone isn't it??
      Just cos you don't like Mancs does that mean we can't post our thoughts??
      If you don't like the thread delete it.

I thought you being a mod should know better? Obviously not!
      It may be a idea going back to bed and getting out the other side

Ps. If your not happy about me being on the forum delete my membership, OK!

Quick Reply