Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool 2-2 Northampton (2-4 on pens): In game and Post Match anger

Read 84855 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Northampton (2-4 on pens): In game and Post Match anger
      Reply #1173: Sep 23, 2010 10:08:05 am
      3-4 not 2-4
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #1174: Sep 23, 2010 10:11:58 am
      Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck... since when do we lose on pens???

Oh... maybe since gobs***e fans boo rather than support them, putting them under more pressure.  Thanks guys...

Did you go? some fans did get on the players backs,but it was deserved.

There was some booing at the end but once again fully deserved....personally i can't be bothered with booing but it let's the team and manager know that it's not good enough.

L.F.C cannot afford to play weakened teams against anyone as there not good enough but second string should be a glimpse in to the future and we got that..

Babel and Nogog aren't second string at this moment in time but as a fan i know they are not good enough so why persist with them they have had their chances....

The next eleven should be full of young players who are grasping the bit to get their chance and when they do,they go hell for leather.

Instead we get a team who when they do get a chance,couldn't get out of second gear because they don't know how to.....Roy has a season let's give him that at least...

I imagine there are quite a few championship players who would to get the chance to play for Liverpool,they'd certainly be no worse than last nights team.

NORTHAMPTON'S PLAYERS WERE ALL VERY COMFORTABLE ON THE BALL,MAYBE WE SHOULD BE LOOKING AT THE COACHING AT YOUTH LEVEL,WHY ISN'T ANYONE OF NOTE COMING THROUGH?

JOBS FOR THE BOYS MAYBE?
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1175: Sep 23, 2010 10:12:23 am
      Not saying it was not a bad result - it was.
      But when you see Chelsea and ManCity go out the same night, pretty clear clubs just don't rate the competition.
      Yes, we'd expect our 2nds to beat Northhampton but fact is if clubs really wanted to win this CUp, they'd play stronger teams. If you play 2nd teams, on occasions like last night, there's always a chance you'll slip up.
      Europa is the same - we could have some pretty dodgy nights in that one too, it's just not a priority. They are opportunities to give the 2nds a run, and in that context I'd prefer to go further, but won't loose sleep over poor results. Just like I won't go overboard with good results, like against Bucharest.
      Will be judging Roy this season on where we end up in the PL and what kind of run we have in the FA Cup. How he sets out the team, formation, will we improve, his substitutions, home performances etc etc. Know lots don't agree, but the PL is what puts food on the table, 4th spot being the target. If we make 4th that will be a huge achievement. Know it's not silverware but these are changed times.
      It's a long season, and though last nights result was not good, there is a long way to go.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1176: Sep 23, 2010 10:18:30 am
      Slept through, alarm didnt go off, ran downstairs, logged on to see first topic on page and that scoreline.  :mad:

Shut the computer down straight away as I was too distraught.

F***ing pathetic.

After reading through 40 pages of this, the only thing worth smiling about was the picture of the bloke with the big tits!

frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #1177: Sep 23, 2010 10:20:10 am
      But when you see Chelsea and ManCity go out the same night, pretty clear clubs just don't rate the competition.
      Yes, we'd expect our 2nds to beat Northhampton but fact is if clubs really wanted to win this CUp, they'd play stronger teams. If you play 2nd teams, on occasions like last night, there's always a chance you'll slip up.
      Europa is the same - we could have some pretty dodgy nights in that one too, it's just not a priority. They are opportunities to give the 2nds a run, and in that context I'd prefer to go further, but won't loose sleep over poor results. Just like I won't go overboard with good results, like against Bucharest.
      Will be judging Roy this season on where we end up in the PL and what kind of run we have in the FA Cup. How he sets out the team, formation, will we improve, his substitutions, home performances etc etc. Know lots don't agree, but the PL is what puts food on the table, 4th spot being the target. If we make 4th that will be a huge achievement. Know it's not silverware but these are changed times.
      It's a long season, and though last nights result was not good, there is a long way to go.

Are you seriously asking Roy hodgson a far inferior manager to finish 3 places higher in the PL than Rafa Did ? Rafa had Benny Masch and Riera last season and ONLY managed 7th.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1178: Sep 23, 2010 10:25:48 am
      F**k me I now know what depression feels like, thank F**k it wasn't on telly at least we didn't have to suffer watching it as well.

If we keep performing like that the day trippers will be staying away in their thousands anyway

Not A Penny More,

This
      Reality will bring about a boycott and any financier will baulk at the "dependable merchandise and brand revenue" much vaunted by the owners, they will not be able to raise a smile much less raise the capital to refinance.
      nico-s-lfc
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #1179: Sep 23, 2010 10:26:45 am
      This is the best quote in 39 pages. We had to go for this competition, so many of you had said Europe - this was our way in, this way the way of getting a good win, building confidence, building a platform - making the sunderland game not do or die. I am sick of our managers trying to be like Fergie, Arsene and thinking our squad can compete it cannot. How would Stevie and the lads feel watching this sh*te?
      i have to agree,if the manager has stated that were not gonna win the league then surely we should be trying to win every cup competition we enter? i know we have to try and claim our champions league status back but lifting a trophy in february would of given everyone at the club and the fans a welcome boost. we still had enough 1st teamers in that 11 to win that game last night which suggests that either the experienced players didnt give the kids the back up they needed or vicer versa?  why didnt we play gerrard,cole and torres for the 1st half and then replace them at half time when we were out of reach? or even have them on the bench in case we needed them.stickin kyriagkos up front wasnt the best tactical decision i have witnessed.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1180: Sep 23, 2010 10:32:02 am
      If we can send Aquilani on loan - maybe Babel can f**k off too?

You'd have to find someone who wants him...
      RedtillDead
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #1181: Sep 23, 2010 10:51:44 am
      I'm gonna say that Roy was justified in fielding the line up he started with, I'm even going to say that he was justified in not picking a particularly strong bench...
      But what I can't stomach is the under performance and the lack of motivation.. the inability to retain possession and complete simple passes, lack of passion, no creativity...

No one could have predicted that Northampton would come to Anfield and beat any team our manager decided to put out and no doubt the players underperformed massively....... but it's our managers job to make sure that any player he selects to wear our red shirt understands that all of the above is a minimum requirement.. match their desire and our class will eventually show. 

Seems to me that Roy can't even motivate our players. I'm sure we were told that was his strong point!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1182: Sep 23, 2010 10:55:45 am
      Found the match highlights...

frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #1183: Sep 23, 2010 11:18:38 am
      Yeah, but theres a couple of points that need clarifying, ARE THEY REAL ?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1184: Sep 23, 2010 11:19:50 am
      Just saw the goals.

Brad Jones...geez!! I see my impressions of him when we signed were spot on! 'Better keepers in the A-League!'
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #1185: Sep 23, 2010 11:20:41 am
      You'd have to find someone who wants him...

Portsmouth? They are doing pretty sh*te!
      RedtillDead
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #1186: Sep 23, 2010 11:25:34 am
      SSN currently interviewing Northampton Manager who stated that our team last night cost 31m in comparison with 0 for their squad...

They are going to go on holiday as a bonus... after their first round win... the chairman brought the first team squad new towels...

we might need them to buy our towels soon!
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #1187: Sep 23, 2010 11:32:25 am
      SSN currently interviewing Northampton Manager who stated that our team last night cost 31m in comparison with 0 for their squad...

They are going to go on holiday as a bonus... after their first round win... the chairman brought the first team squad new towels...

we might need them to buy our towels soon!

How about some Nappies, as they all sh*t themselves last night on the big stage!
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #1188: Sep 23, 2010 11:33:47 am
      Can't believe 2 wankers can cause so much trouble to so many people and still hang in there for their money! What a F***ing disgrace these 2 clowns are. Just F**k off can't you see what you've done to us?
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #1189: Sep 23, 2010 11:36:02 am
      Man City and Chelsea were playing Premier League opponents.  we were playing a team struggling to get results deep down (17th) near the bottom of league 2.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1190: Sep 23, 2010 11:38:44 am
      Just to put it in real money.

Premier League.

Championship.

League 1.

League 2.

So old school that would be 4th division.

One of the worst defeats in Anfield history. No covering this up
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1191: Sep 23, 2010 11:49:36 am
      @RyanBabel: "No excuses for last nite .. We weren't good enough.. And I #failed personally .. Haven't lost faith, so I keep working.."

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1192: Sep 23, 2010 11:51:44 am
      Man City and Chelsea were playing Premier League opponents.  we were playing a team struggling to get results deep down (17th) near the bottom of league 2.

Not saying it wasn't a crap result.
      Just that if big teams REALLY wanted to win, they'd play stronger teams.

Last season the '1st team' went out of the FA Cup at home to near bottom of the Cmpship Reading. SG, Torres, Kuyt , Carra etc I think all playing. For me that was a worse result. I was alot more pissed off with that one than with last nights, cause we actually played a strong team for that one.
      And if that makes sense, please explain it back to me :)
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1193: Sep 23, 2010 11:53:19 am
      @RyanBabel: "No excuses for last nite .. We weren't good enough.. And I #failed personally .. Haven't lost faith, so I keep working.."

Babel ... the 'keep' in 'I keep working' implies that you are currently working ... that might not stand up in court.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1194: Sep 23, 2010 11:55:14 am
      The problem with Babel is it's the same line of code.

10 Babel moans about not playing
      20 Babel gets opportunity
      30 Babel plays sh*te
      40 Babel makes pathetic apology about working hard to improve
      50 Babel left out of team
      60 GO TO 10
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #1195: Sep 23, 2010 12:01:54 pm
      Jesus, i can hardly bare to talk about this im so embarrassed. O.k its not the first time weve gone out to lower league opposition, but our 'players' could learn a lot from the likes of those Northampton players. They did us for passion, commitment and belief. And thats what is so F***ing depressing. Roy put a team out that should have seen off a team 67 places lower than us, a side that are always harping on about not having chances to play and yet again when they are given the chance they fail us, At this sad stage in our history that cup maybe represented our best chance of winning something especially as a lot more of the top teams fell last night. But the worst thing as i said is they were outfought at Anfield for gods sake, its a reality check for anyone who thought we had a decent squad, they didnt look like they new what to do,simple as that.

Quick Reply