Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Liverpool 2-2 Northampton (2-4 on pens): In game and Post Match anger

Read 85294 times
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Northampton (2-4 on pens): In game and Post Match anger
      Reply #1196: Sep 23, 2010 12:07:42 pm
      One of our best chances of silverware this season gone in a match, no offense to Northampton, we should have really cruised through. Oh Roy why didn't you put somebody like Torres on the bench?  :mad:
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1197: Sep 23, 2010 12:08:32 pm
      The problem with Babel is it's the same line of code.

10 Babel moans about not playing
      20 Babel gets opportunity
      30 Babel plays sh*te
      40 Babel makes pathetic apology about working hard to improve
      50 Babel left out of team
      60 GO TO 10

Class JD :)

Programs/pseudo code that simulate player form :)
      Maybe, like Jeff Goldblum uploading the virus to the alien ship (Independance Day) - complete with large font "UPLOADING VIRUS" message - we could hook some of the lads up to a laptop and perform a few 'feature updates'. Torres could probably do with a 'scoring firmware' update and Poulsen could do with a 'forward pass' procedure refresh!! Think Lucas's 'long range screamer' update is going quite well actually ...
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #1198: Sep 23, 2010 12:15:09 pm
      i could honestly rip all those players F***ing heads off

Roy never thought in a million years that team would let him down, neither did i, every one of them should have their wages docked.

it really has put us in a massive hole, the only plus and it is a very small insignificant plus is that our best players did not suffer the embarrasment on the pitch so we have a better start for the weekend.

Babel...you have proved me wrong...you really ARE awaste of talent, give me that talent and i would have set the world alight...you useless c**t
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #1199: Sep 23, 2010 12:17:04 pm
      Not saying it wasn't a crap result.
      Just that if big teams REALLY wanted to win, they'd play stronger teams.

Last season the '1st team' went out of the FA Cup at home to near bottom of the Cmpship Reading. SG, Torres, Kuyt , Carra etc I think all playing. For me that was a worse result. I was alot more pissed off with that one than with last nights, cause we actually played a strong team for that one.
      And if that makes sense, please explain it back to me :)
      There is a big difference between bottom of the championship and bottom of league 2.  Northampton, if they don't improve, could be in danger of being non league next year.  Reading had only just relegated after playing in the Premier League for a few seasons, so had good experiance against the likes of LFC.
      I'm actually from Northampton (although the first 18 years of my life didn't live here), but am a gutted and fed up Liverpool supporter.  I didn't want my home town club to be humiliated and to put on a good show, but I wanted LFC to win and continue through and possibly win the cup.  but now I am so down, because there seems to be nothing positive on the pitch, in the media, in the boardroom and last night seemed to be the climax of a terrible week for the club.
      but, we walk on!
      YNWA
      Cobblers
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #1200: Sep 23, 2010 12:19:19 pm
      As a Northampton fan, I would like to say thank you for the way you received us last night. Thank you for your applause for the Cobblers at the end.
      Thank you for the nice comments on this thread.
      "You'll never walk alone" was awesome.
      Your pitch is a carpet.
      It was a night we will never forget, but maybe one you may wish to.
      Good luck for the rest of the season.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #1201: Sep 23, 2010 12:24:29 pm
      I think it's a woman with a moustache.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1202: Sep 23, 2010 12:35:58 pm
      The team we put out should have shat upon Northampton town, and a lot of people wanted to see the kids this game.

They let themselves down, simply put, they have no future at Liverpool if they cannot be arsed to get up for a game.

They were bit on the arse last night, NEVER under estimate a team, the way our starting XI did last night.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1203: Sep 23, 2010 12:42:02 pm
      As a Northampton fan, I would like to say thank you for the way you received us last night. Thank you for your applause for the Cobblers at the end.
      Your pitch is a carpet.

At least someone is happy :D Congratulations.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1204: Sep 23, 2010 12:43:02 pm

Thanks... we're gonna need it...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1205: Sep 23, 2010 12:45:08 pm
      I think it's a woman with a moustache.
      I KNOW it's a woman with a phony tash, and she drinks Guinness.
      scottmckenna
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #1206: Sep 23, 2010 12:45:43 pm
      Took my son to his first Liverpool match last night,travelled a round trip of 400 miles. Got soaked to the skin (although we can't blame Roy for that bit!) What a bloody waste of time! I wish the team had put in as much effort as we did! and to top it all we
      live in Northampton and are getting stick. What a disappointment
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1207: Sep 23, 2010 12:46:20 pm
      ^ Ouch!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1208: Sep 23, 2010 12:46:46 pm
      Took my son to his first Liverpool match last night,travelled a round trip of 400 miles. Got soaked to the skin (although we can't blame Roy for that bit!) What a bloody waste of time! I wish the team had put in as much effort as we did! and to top it all we

Should of saved your money and not funded the Yanks' regime.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1209: Sep 23, 2010 12:49:00 pm
      Your pitch is a carpet.
      It was a deserved victory,wouldn't take anything away from the fact and good luck for the future.
      Ouch indeed.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #1210: Sep 23, 2010 01:02:35 pm
      The team Roy picked was not full of kids.

Agger, Sotis, Lucas, Babel and Ngog are all experienced first team players. Jones has a sh*t load of experience for Boro and the Aussie national side. Wison has Champions League experience. Jovanovich is an experienced international who has played in World Cups.

The three "inexperienced" players were Spearing, Kelly and Pacheco - two of whom were our best players out there.

In my opinion certain senior players thought of themselves too good for this competition and the match. Very few showed any passion for the Red shirt. It was a disgrace to watch. We can all blame Hodgson for the selection, but a side with more internationals than not is not an inexperienced side. The players let Hodgson and the club down badly. Hodgson didn't help himself with how he sat there with his head in his hands.

Some players proved why they should never play for Liverpool Football Club again. Others proved, again, why they should be involved on a permanent fixture in the first team. Kelly and Pacheco won't get many opportunities this year - wrongly in my opinion - and one chance they would of got was the League Cup but they've been let down by players who will get the chances in the first team i.e. Ryan Babel.

I was fuming last night and I'm fuming right now. I don't care if it's only the Carling Cup, we've won F**k all for years and this was a major opportunity for us. We've blown it - again. Some of those players need to F**k off for good away from Anfield. They're not good enough to wear the shirt. Embarrassing isn't the word.

I hate seeing us lose any game, but to lose in that way sickens me. And it sickens me more when I see players not giving a F***ing sh*t. Pride and passion is the least fans ask from a player. F**k off out the club if you haven't got it.

Another chance blown.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1211: Sep 23, 2010 01:07:17 pm
      Your pitch is a carpet.

Fair play to you and your club. Enjoy your victory and best of luck for the rest of the competition
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1212: Sep 23, 2010 01:08:31 pm
      Your pitch is a carpet.

Mutter. Mutter.*Well done*Moan. Moan
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1213: Sep 23, 2010 01:09:17 pm
      I'm sorry but whose job is it to motivate the players whose job is it to pick the team and bench whose job is it to make the changes if necessary.

Whatever about the players letting Hodgson down, Hodgson let the fans down last night in one of the poorest results in our history.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1214: Sep 23, 2010 01:10:55 pm

Agger, Sotis, Lucas, Babel and Ngog are all experienced first team players. Jones has a sh*t load of experience for Boro and the Aussie national side. Wison has Champions League experience. Jovanovich is an experienced international who has played in World Cups.

I'd class Wilson as a kid, but you are right there, the core of the side was made up of 1st team players.  Perhaps this shows why we are struggling.  Take out Reina, Torres, Gerrard and Carra and look what happens?  Can't beat Northampton!?

Top post.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #1215: Sep 23, 2010 01:14:15 pm
      I'd class Wilson as a kid, but you are right there, the core of the side was made up of 1st team players.  Perhaps this shows why we are struggling.  Take out Reina, Torres, Gerrard and Carra and look what happens?  Can't beat Northampton!?

Top post.

Wilson is young mate and I probably shouldn't of included him as Spearing, Pacheco and Kelly all have Champions League experience as well which is what I said about the young Scot. Though, Wilson is still far more experienced than most of that team that went out there.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1216: Sep 23, 2010 01:23:43 pm

The three "inexperienced" players were Spearing, Kelly and Pacheco - two of whom were our best players out there.

In my opinion certain senior players thought of themselves too good for this competition and the match. Very few showed any passion for the Red shirt. It was a disgrace to watch. We can all blame Hodgson for the selection, but a side with more internationals than not is not an inexperienced side. The players let Hodgson and the club down badly. Hodgson didn't help himself with how he sat there with his head in his hands.

Some players proved why they should never play for Liverpool Football Club again. Others proved, again, why they should be involved on a permanent fixture in the first team. Kelly and Pacheco won't get many opportunities this year - wrongly in my opinion - and one chance they would of got was the League Cup but they've been let down by players who will get the chances in the first team i.e. Ryan Babel.

I was fuming last night and I'm fuming right now. I don't care if it's only the Carling Cup, we've won F**k all for years and this was a major opportunity for us. We've blown it - again. Some of those players need to F**k off for good away from Anfield. They're not good enough to wear the shirt. Embarrassing isn't the word.

I hate seeing us lose any game, but to lose in that way sickens me. And it sickens me more when I see players not giving a F***ing sh*t. Pride and passion is the least fans ask from a player. F**k off out the club if you haven't got it.

Another chance blown.
      Right on the money mate, the majority showed no commitment whatever to the shirt and are getting money under false pretences.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1217: Sep 23, 2010 01:42:44 pm
      Other than the obvious few over the recent years hasnt our lack of pace out wide and general lack of passion been our biggest failing.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1218: Sep 23, 2010 02:32:19 pm
      Well, well, well. I've just woke up from my night shift, managed to avoid finding out the score in work last night, just had a quick peek at SkyText and saw the Gerrard article. I cannot F***ing believe this!. The team that was picked should have beaten Northampton, i'll not bother watching the game by the sounds of it here. Things just seem to be getting worse.

Quick Reply