Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Liverpool 2-2 Northampton (2-4 on pens): In game and Post Match anger

Read 85357 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Northampton (2-4 on pens): In game and Post Match anger
      Reply #1219: Sep 23, 2010 02:37:09 pm
      I've a question.... I wasn't able to watch, or even listen to the match because I was busy at work, but I've heard a few people raving about Shelvey's contribution when he came on in extra time.  So, my question is this... Based on his showing last night (granted it was a small cameo against a vastly inferior side) do you think he can come into the 1st team and have a positive impact this season?  Or is he still not quite ready to make the break through?
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #1220: Sep 23, 2010 02:38:20 pm
      As a Northampton fan, I would like to say thank you for the way you received us last night. Thank you for your applause for the Cobblers at the end.
      Thank you for the nice comments on this thread.
      "You'll never walk alone" was awesome.
      Your pitch is a carpet.
      It was a night we will never forget, but maybe one you may wish to.
      Good luck for the rest of the season.

Mate, thats LFC fans for you. No better fans in the world and believe it or not, we appreciate other clubs.

Congratulations on the victory.

Don't get me wrong, i am as pissed off as everyone else with the result and the performance but we have gotta keep going. Big game on Saturday. Come on Liverpool!!!
      SaveLiverpoolFC
      • Banned

• 374 posts | 19 
      Reply #1221: Sep 23, 2010 02:44:57 pm
      I think one thing is shows is that fans have  a natural tendency to overrated youngsters.
      But it shows alot of other things too. Actually, if losing to some monkeys means the scum leaving, then I'd be happy to see a few more weeks of laughable dire sh*te.

PS I mean drwaing 2-2 at home is w*nk. But losing on penalties, some of these muppets need their P45s
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #1222: Sep 23, 2010 02:53:07 pm
      I agreed with you on that. Not long to go, a few more miles.
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #1223: Sep 23, 2010 03:06:15 pm
      Second team or not, I'd expect our F***ing Under 18s to beat Northampton. Remember anyone playing for Liverpool are playing for Liverpool for a reason. But last night it wasn't even our full reserve side, players like Agger, Jova, Ngog, Lucas, Kyrgiakos, Babel all played, that's half our first team. It's just not good enough.

On a plus side, Martin Kelly looks promising, he deserves a chance in the Prem
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #1224: Sep 23, 2010 03:21:04 pm
      Glad this was not in tv in Nepal, on a positive side the chavs game was on.  Well done toon.
      cobbinpeace
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #1225: Sep 23, 2010 05:14:19 pm
      Hi Everyone,

Cobblers fan here - just wanted to say a massive massive thank you to everyone at Liverpool, before and even after the game you guys we're all brilliant about it all.

It was a night to remember for our club and every Liverpool fan I spoke to had nothing but congratulations and best wishes for us, true football fans at their very best.

Liverpool fans will always have my best wishes in the future and have gone up a long way in my opinions of fans - I'm sure things will come good and results will start to go your way.

Thanks again and good luck for the rest of the season, and hopefully we can get Man U in the next round and kick them out
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1226: Sep 23, 2010 05:20:41 pm
      As a Northampton fan, I would like to say thank you for the way you received us last night. Thank you for your applause for the Cobblers at the end.
      Thank you for the nice comments on this thread.
      "You'll never walk alone" was awesome.
      Your pitch is a carpet.
      It was a night we will never forget, but maybe one you may wish to.
      Good luck for the rest of the season.

Roy Hodgson gave you all the praise he could last night.
      Id like to say come back soon... but I wont. ;D
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #1227: Sep 23, 2010 06:14:26 pm
      trying to find it on footytube but couldnt perhaps it was that bad
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1228: Sep 23, 2010 06:19:18 pm
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,215 posts | 916 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1229: Sep 23, 2010 08:46:31 pm
      We can only win 3 cup's this season and we are out of one allready
      Xavier79
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 17 
      Reply #1230: Sep 23, 2010 09:18:17 pm
      We can only win 3 cup's this season and we are out of one allready

As much as this defeat pisses me, i've been over it quite rapidly.

(not like the game at f***nited: still f***n' driving me mad!)

Sure it is a chance to win something blown, but i think the most important thing this year is the league. Don't get me wrong; i would love to see LFC win a trophy but if it is not with the return within the firsts of the league, i will be feeling it like a kind of a consolation gift.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #1231: Sep 23, 2010 09:27:09 pm
      The club is in shambles from the board to the pitch,everybody looks pissed of.Last night no inspiration on the pitch,or on the bench.Roy has not got out of his seat once.His team last night was a disaster.One competition down 2 to go.As soon as the yanks F**k of and take the negativity away with them.
      njny_scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts |
      Reply #1232: Sep 23, 2010 09:37:45 pm
      I'm honestly still shocked at the game yesterday. Only word that can come to mind: disgrace. Team showed no heart throughout the match, Babel looked lazy up front, and, worst of all, Northampton Town controlled the match after they equalized in the second half.

I'll be fair, though: well-played, Northampton Town.

That's it though.
      RazorNTFC
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #1233: Sep 23, 2010 09:38:16 pm
      - THANK YOU FROM A NORTHAMPTON FAN -

Just wanted to say that everything about last night was top-notch. Everyone at Anfield, from the stewards to the people behind the bar were friendly and welcoming in their approach and the majority of genuine Liverpool fans I saw were magnanimous in defeat - a credit to your club and to your city. It is a great occasion to visit Anfield and I felt very moved standing for a moment before the Hillsborough memorial.

Obviously with the way the game played out and the final result I had one of the best nights of my life. These things just don't happen to a club like mine and it makes all the awful treks to the Torquays, Macclesfields and Gillinghams of this world worthwhile, it's what being a lower league fan is all about and wouldn't change it for the world!

Anyway, best of luck for the rest of the season and I hope you can put any off-field problems aside and string together some results on the pitch. I'm sure you will come through okay in the end.

Peace out, up the Cobblers!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1234: Sep 23, 2010 09:40:29 pm
      These Cobblers are much better than the w**ker-ish Turk brigade we had on here not long ago.

I'm glad our shiteness is appeasing some people, so enjoy it! :D

Congratulations again, Northampton.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,215 posts | 916 
      Reply #1235: Sep 23, 2010 09:46:01 pm
      As much as this defeat pisses me, I've been over it quite rapidly.

(not like the game at f***nited: still f***n' driving me mad!)

Sure it is a chance to win something blown, but I think the most important thing this year is the league. Don't get me wrong; I would love to see LFC win a trophy but if it is not with the return within the firsts of the league, I will be feeling it like a kind of a consolation gift.
      We have played 5 games we are 10 points behind Chelsea, i think the expression is smell the coffee, the is no way on  planet Earth we will win the league
      NTFC
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #1236: Sep 23, 2010 09:58:59 pm
      Liverpool fans badly need a reality check. You can argue all you want about if x should have started or should Torres have been on the bench but untill you look at the bigger picture you're gonna get nowhere.

Firstly, you clearly didn't scout Northampton properly. Rumour has it that the Liverpool scout left our previous home league game at half time. It's not enough to say "oh there in league 2 so we'll beat them over 90 minutes". Each of your players should have been targeting the weaknesses of our players (and there are many!)

Secondly, your tactics were all over the place. Whose idea was it not to press us at all. I can honestly say that I didn't realise that we were quite good at passing because League 2 teams press us to death. Maybe that's below Liverpool though?

I could go on all night but I think it's fair to say that for some unknown reason Liverpool have let their eye off the ball so to speak. You are so far behind the likes of Chelsea and dare I say it Man Utd it's untrue! When Northampton are giving you the run around then you have serious problems.

The worrying thing is that you're all too busy arguing amonsgt yourselves to look at why Northampton did a job on you (which they did). They sucker punched you and you couldn't see it coming. Roy Hogdson clearly didn't know Northampton could play as well as they did (written all over his face)

Liverpool need to stop being so self involved and start looking at why they are in the sh*t. Stop arguing amonst yourselves and start looking at the basics of football. Your not good enough anymore to beat everyone without trying. The fans have to do their part too! the atmosphere at Anfield last night was woeful and indeed surreal...as if you were expecting a rout and didn't have to cheer.

Anyway I hope you get things sorted because Liverpool are 1 of the best clubs in world football and us Northampton fans will forever hold you fondly for your reception for us!

Phil Neal rules o.k
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,215 posts | 916 
      Reply #1237: Sep 23, 2010 10:02:37 pm
      - THANK YOU FROM A NORTHAMPTON FAN -

Just wanted to say that everything about last night was top-notch. Everyone at Anfield, from the stewards to the people behind the bar were friendly and welcoming in their approach and the majority of genuine Liverpool fans I saw were magnanimous in defeat - a credit to your club and to your city. It is a great occasion to visit Anfield and I felt very moved standing for a moment before the Hillsborough memorial.

Obviously with the way the game played out and the final result I had one of the best nights of my life. These things just don't happen to a club like mine and it makes all the awful treks to the Torquays, Macclesfields and Gillinghams of this world worthwhile, it's what being a lower league fan is all about and wouldn't change it for the world!

Anyway, best of luck for the rest of the season and I hope you can put any off-field problems aside and string together some results on the pitch. I'm sure you will come through okay in the end.

Peace out, up the Cobblers!
      Glad someone enjoyed there night!. Hope you progress this season, we however will have a long season.
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #1238: Sep 23, 2010 10:10:41 pm
      My First post.
      and i aint half going to make it a good one.
      right im a liverpool fan but im from northampton, so last night i was in the cobblers end.
      i went up last night with another red and we could not believe what we were watching!

taking that game to penalties did liverpool justice, that was your got out of jail card.
      not to mention liverpool scored in the 118th minute to take it to pens.
      not to mention in the 119th minute nat wedderburn somehow hit kelly on the line from 12 yards out.
      not to mention steve guinan missed cobs first penalty.

im sorry but i was not happy when benitez left. i was not happy when roy took over. the man is out of his depth, i could propably count a dozen times when the camera goes on him and his either scratching his head or has his hand on his cleanly shaven chin. the guy has no tactis other then lets play the first 45 mins, let see how the game will plan out then say something at half time! why did he wait untill the 90th minute before he made a sub. playing wilson at left back was disgraceful, not starting with shelvey was disgraceful, babel youve had your chance, i thought you had so much talent, but if you dont play for liverpool again you know why and you have no more excuses. northampton's midfield dominated lucas and spearing, hodgson did nothing. just like the man city game when we went 4.4.2 and got dominated he just left it as it was and tactically changed nothing.

last night was sensational, however northampton arn't going to win the cup, this was a chance liverpool had of silverware and ROY HODGSON has blown it.

i would love people to have there say about this post. though what has to be said has been said.
      Xavier79
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 17 
      Reply #1239: Sep 23, 2010 10:27:40 pm
      We have played 5 games we are 10 points behind Chelsea, I think the expression is smell the coffee, the is no way on  planet Earth we will win the league

Tell me something I don't know mate! ^^
      I wasn't talking about winning it but finish it in the highest place we can.

Which today looks like mid table if we keep going like this.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,215 posts | 916 
      Reply #1240: Sep 23, 2010 10:31:27 pm
      Noticed on Sunday 2-0 down looking inept camera closes in on Roy who ........ scratches chin
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #1241: Sep 23, 2010 10:38:10 pm
      Noticed on Sunday 2-0 down looking inept camera closes in on Roy who ........ scratches chin

exactly mate. listen i think every liverpool wants to back roy, and wants him to succed but in the last year us fans have had to come to terms with reality, reality now is hodgson is out of his depth, when we got to the united game back to 2.2, we could have took the game to united. NO! he brought on jovanovic for raul (who was ou best player that day), and took konchesky off for danny agger. im trying to work out where the cross for berbatov's winner came from? oo wait the right hand hand side.

Quick Reply