Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool 2-2 Northampton (2-4 on pens): In game and Post Match anger

Read 86651 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Northampton (2-4 on pens): In game and Post Match anger
      Reply #1035: Sep 22, 2010 11:29:02 pm
      People wonder why Kenny never got the job? Because the board knows the club is fu**ed, but even they would not allow an Anfield legend to come under so much scrutiny and undoubted heartache for everyone involved. The truth is they would rather have an outsider fail miserably, and so would I. Plus it would probably make Kenny ill, just as when he managed us before. And I would never want to see the great man suffer in that way. He's given us so much over the years, and I would never want to spoil those memories because our once great club has fallen...
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 988 posts | 15 
      Reply #1036: Sep 22, 2010 11:29:55 pm
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 735 posts | 113 
      Reply #1037: Sep 22, 2010 11:31:59 pm
      Maybe, just maybe the board were wrong in getting rid of the previous manager?
      I don't really want to get into that because it is a pointless discussion - he's gone. He's joined the Italian champions and European Cup holders so I'd say there is very little chance of him returning. It's time to move on.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #1038: Sep 22, 2010 11:32:03 pm
      Crikey they were short highlights.

Thankfully.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1039: Sep 22, 2010 11:33:05 pm
      It's on 434 now.

Or you chicken?

;)

I've got a meeting with a psychiatrist and a social worker in the morning. You do the math.  ;)

Lowest ranked team in the competition just knocked us out.

But it's alright, it was only a mickey mouse cup.  :f_tongueincheek:

Four shots on target!!!!!!?? Unacceptable!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1040: Sep 22, 2010 11:33:10 pm
      liverpool are just a joke. hodgson is a joke aswell. so they deserve to be together so they can build the biggest joke team in the world. northampton. loooooooooool what a joke what a joke. i can not believe this. you have jova,babel,agger,pacheco,kyria,wilson,lucas on the pitch but you still lose. we are just a joke. the only thing we need now is to be relegated. we are a stupid team and they should put themselves in administration. the kop stands for nothing any more. they should destroy anfield and build an estate or something because it really is a waste of land. i can not believe this. as a liverpool fan i have never experience such an embarrising time. at anfield. infront of the kop. what a joke. how could we sack rafa. liverpool don't exist in my eyes anymore. we are now westham or something. absolute rubbish

You're the F***ing joke mate  :mad: we're all well and truly pissed off tonight, and yes, of course we should have won, I'm sure the players that Roy put out on the field of play tonight wanted to win also, sometimes things go against you, and no matter how hard you try you just can't pull yourself out of the sinking sand.

To say that the Kop stands for nothing is total stupidity, to say that Liverpool don't exist in your eyes anymore, well that's just great, well I tell you something pal, we don't want you supporting our team, you're just a fickle fan who jumps on the bandwagon and only supports the team when we win.

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1648 
      Reply #1041: Sep 22, 2010 11:33:33 pm
      Well those highlights were hardly worth watching. What I got from that. Jovanovich scored a good goal, Martin Kelly is getting better and better.

And finally: Roy Hodgson doesn't have a clue.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #1042: Sep 22, 2010 11:33:50 pm
      A F***ing disgrace!

Defeats in the FA Cup under Souness to Bolton and Bristol City along with a 4-4 draw to Chesterfield....those dark dark days which I thought were gone....ARE HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!

2nd string or not, with that team out we should have buried these....4 shots on target FFS!!!!  :mad:
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 735 posts | 113 
      Reply #1043: Sep 22, 2010 11:36:21 pm
      So?

Big wow.

According to your logic why didn't we get Avram Grant in? He got Pompey to the FA Cup Final.

I don't think any Liverpool fan is remotely impressed by his CV.  Don't over polish it.  Look at Fulham's league record.

Since when have we picked managers based on a one season lucky cup run?

Up to the final, the games are two-legged so there is a lot less scope for luck being a factor than in most other competitions. As for his CV and us picking managers - who else was there? Martin O'Neill? Alex McLeish? We aren't really in a position to bring in big name coaches.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #1044: Sep 22, 2010 11:36:34 pm
      Dalglish anyone? 

:couch:
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1648 
      Reply #1045: Sep 22, 2010 11:37:41 pm
      I'd take big F***ing Sam ahead of Roy at this moment in time.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1046: Sep 22, 2010 11:37:56 pm
      Steve McClaren, Walter Smith both got to Europa league finals would you like them as manager ed603m
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #1047: Sep 22, 2010 11:39:11 pm
      Doesn't look as though we're going to get a post match interview.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #1048: Sep 22, 2010 11:39:26 pm
      I'd take big f**king Sam ahead of Roy at this moment in time.

Bloody right. At least we would be guaranteed the League and European Cup ;) ;D
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #1049: Sep 22, 2010 11:40:33 pm
      Bloody right. At least we would be guaranteed the League and European Cup ;) ;D

And Kyrgiakos playing alongside Torres.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 735 posts | 113 
      Reply #1050: Sep 22, 2010 11:41:19 pm
      Problem with Dalglish was his record at Newcastle and Celtic and the fact that he had been out of the coaching side of things for so long. Big fat Sam - I don't remember his name ever being mentioned. Either he didn't fancy us or we didn't fancy him!

I still think it is far too early to write off Hodgson.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1051: Sep 22, 2010 11:41:21 pm
      I'd take Souness back at this rate :)
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1052: Sep 22, 2010 11:42:33 pm
      Anybody want to blame the players that are paid so much to do their job and yet fail against Northampton? Because I think no matter how you set up a team and send them out they should be able to do a job against a lower half League Two team. For me, the blame lies at the feet of the players. I've just watched a bit of the match on LFCtv and some of our passing was shocking. The main problem however was the lack of ability of the two lads up front. N'Gog can't hold a ball up and doesn't look dangerous running at people, and Babel can't control a ball to save his life. Some of Jova's passing was also abysmal.

The players need a kick up the arse. These guys were nearly all fringe players who were looking to establish themselves in the first team, and they should be embarrassed after that performance.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8685 
      Reply #1053: Sep 22, 2010 11:43:08 pm
      I don't really want to get into that because it is a pointless discussion - he's gone. He's joined the Italian champions and European Cup holders so I'd say there is very little chance of him returning. It's time to move on.

Time to move on eh!! You're not allowed to bring it up now. They got their way and don't want to discuss it anymore.

Change of Manager best for everyone, fresh start blah blah blah, isn't that what was said by Broughton.

What a load of F***ing sh*te!!

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1054: Sep 22, 2010 11:43:14 pm
      What about Hodgson been sacked at Inter and Blackburn. Daglish record puts Roys to shame if actually examined.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1055: Sep 22, 2010 11:45:48 pm
      Hopefully Roy will feel as much disappointment as the rest of us and will field a full strength team for the FA cup when it kicks off...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1056: Sep 22, 2010 11:47:22 pm
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9021639.stm

BBC Radio 5 live's Jan Molby:

"This was Northampton's night, it was in the stars for this to happen.
      But for Liverpool to lose, it was absolutely unthinkable before.
      They were surely always going to make sure they would win this game, weren't they?

I think we are seeing the legacy of the Rafael Benitez reign right here, and it's going to take Liverpool a long time to challenge for the top four again."

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #1057: Sep 22, 2010 11:47:38 pm
      What IS the second string ? From what I saw, there were only three or four who wouldn't normally be in the first side or on the bench. We were just crap. However you want to dress it up, it was ultimatley down to Roy. With that result following on from the previous three, He is just not capable of managing a side with the expectations and traditions of L.F.C. The bench was dismall regarding experience.  This is probably the worst result for Liverpool in over 60 years. What the F**k are people doing, playing it down as it's only the carling cup ?  We are getting into a rutt which will be immpossible to get out of if things don't change very soon.
      Ngog, Babel, Lucas, just not good enough for LFC.  Roy ? sorry mate, you just havent a clue.

Quick Reply