Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Do you think Torres will leave?

Read 26196 times
      ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 287 posts |
      Do you think Torres will leave?
      Sep 26, 2010 06:39:06 pm
      A lot of fans have different opinions on Torres at the moment. Some question his attitude and commitment. Some comment his usefulness on field.
      Now come the big question: Should we let Torres go whether be it in Jan or end of the season? Do you think he will leave?.. Opinions please..
      « Last Edit: Sep 26, 2010 06:56:53 pm by ashuras »
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Re: Should Torres leave?
      Reply #1: Sep 26, 2010 06:41:27 pm
      No chance. He is disillusioned a little, but that will change once these parasites are ousted.

Pique can derelick my balls!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #2: Sep 26, 2010 06:43:58 pm
      for whatever reason the lad just dosent look happy.We saw the best of him in his first season but since then a catalogue of injuries have robbed us of his goals.
      I wouldnt want ANY player to stay other than those who are up for the fight but if he is and he is fit we couldnt have a better CF.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #3: Sep 26, 2010 06:45:27 pm
       This is a useless thread , Do you think any LIVERPOOL fc fan wants torres out
          YNWA
      ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 287 posts |
      Reply #4: Sep 26, 2010 06:50:28 pm
      Yes.. some people did suggest to ship him for quite lumpsum of millions to reform the team..
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #5: Sep 26, 2010 06:53:51 pm
      Love him to bits and proud he plays for us , but totally understand that he's questioning his decision to stay. He is a fantastic player and he deserves success.
      If he decides to go I pray he goes abroad 'cos it would break my heart to see him playing for another team in the Premiership !!!  :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:
      Having said that , please Nando stay ,'cos we luv ya !!!   ;D
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #6: Sep 26, 2010 06:54:44 pm
      Yes.. some people did suggest to ship him for quite lumpsum of millions to reform the team..
      Yeah, because all of that money would actually be spend on new players, right..
      Beth♥TrueRed
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts |
      • Walk on, with hope in your heart ♥ And YNWA ♥
      Re: Do you think Torres will leave?
      Reply #7: Sep 26, 2010 07:00:51 pm
      Love him to bits and proud he plays for us , but totally understand that he's questioning his decision to stay. He is a fantastic player and he deserves success.
      If he decides to go I pray he goes abroad 'cos it would break my heart to see him playing for another team in the Premiership !!!  :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:
      Having said that , please Nando stay ,'cos we luv ya !!!   ;D

I've got the same opinion!!!
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #8: Sep 26, 2010 07:04:58 pm

Welcome to the forum Beth  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #9: Sep 26, 2010 07:08:21 pm
      I think unless the situation changes soon and there's an improvement on the pitch that Torres will leave, and who can blame him.  He is the one constantly questioning the owners of the club and possible transfer targets to help improve the team.  It also appears to have taken a lot of promises (broken as they are) for him to commit to the club.

He's Liverpool through and through, the fans love him and he loves us so it must hurt him more than most at what is happening to the club.  At the minute if we're all honest, his career is suffering playing for Liverpool.  A more selfish player would have jumped ship already.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #10: Sep 26, 2010 07:13:11 pm
      The man ain't been happy or fit for two seasons.Would hate to see him leave for another team in the premiership,would break my heart to see him in top form for another side.Hopefully the black cloud over a club is lifted soon, and Nando and the rest of the players start playing well. :mad:
      ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 287 posts |
      Reply #11: Sep 26, 2010 07:16:25 pm
      Would hate to see him leave for another team in the premiership,would break my heart to see him in top form for another side.

He will not leave for another team in the premier league.. If he leaves, he will back to Spain, most probably Barcelona, who forms the Spain team..
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #12: Sep 26, 2010 07:16:45 pm
      If we don't look like improving at the end of the season, i can't see him staying. For me, if he did stay it would show tremendous loyalty - if he goes, then no blame, he has stuck around for a fair bit of the tough stuff now already. His window for success is in the next few years, so we need to show him we can provide that or he will leave.
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #13: Sep 26, 2010 07:18:45 pm
      Wouldn't blame him if he did, the state of the club. The Board have doubless lied and lied to him, just like they have lied and lied to us fans. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in January. I would love to make the most of him still playing in the red shirt, just our luck our fantastic board have buggered that up, with their choice of manager.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #14: Sep 26, 2010 07:42:56 pm
      If things dont improve, yes I think he will. We dont have enough superstars and champions league football for us to ever dream that we could keep hold of the best striker around on a long term basis. He has said that he wants to see investment on new players. Does this mean that he,ll only start playing better if he has better players around him. At the moment with him commiting to the club in the summer you would think he,d be up for the fight would,nt you, well hes hardly set the premiership alight this season as he. Myself I think hes holding the club to ransum 'get better players or i,m off ' is what it sounds like to me, and I would,nt blame the boy. We wont win anything this season. We wont get top 4. Its exactly the same as other clubs. Do you think players like Rooney, Berba or Drogba would still be at their clubs if they sliped into a slump like ours. I,m sure they,d question their loyalty.

Untill we get new investment and i mean the same sort of investment that Chelsea and Man City have enjoyed, we dont have a prayer of keeping Torres. This is why Hodgson was appointed, to steady the ship untill the club is sold. The longer the club is in the hands of the yanks and the club is,nt sold by January, then we run the risk of a mass exodus of players. I mean if they see Torres going do you honestly think some of the others will want to stick around. Players have little or no loyalty to a club in this day and age and Torres and Co are no different. I may sound downbeat but thats the way i see it at the moment......sorry.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #15: Sep 26, 2010 07:47:09 pm
      If Hicks and Gillette remain here it is a banker he will be gone at the earliest January if not then defo next Summer.

Obviously when Purslow travelled to Spain he obviously promised Torres different things to keep him here, I'd be suprised if any of them promises have actually being fulfilled.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #16: Sep 26, 2010 07:49:38 pm
      What a stupid question, do you really think this is the right time to be asking that?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #17: Sep 26, 2010 07:49:53 pm
      Grit your teeth lads and ladettes things will get a lot worse until we rid ourselves of the cancer, but no way is it terminal.
      ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 287 posts |
      Reply #18: Sep 26, 2010 07:53:04 pm
      What a stupid question, do you really think this is the right time to be asking that?

If you are Torres, it's the right time to think about this now.. You just miss the summer transfer..
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #19: Sep 26, 2010 07:54:37 pm
      If the Americans remain it won't be if he leaves it will be when.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #20: Sep 26, 2010 07:55:37 pm
      If the Americans remain it won't be if he leaves it will be when.

And you really couldn't blame him :'(
      ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 287 posts |
      Reply #21: Sep 26, 2010 07:58:56 pm
      After a few more pathetic matches, even with new owners and manager, I don't think Torres will be staying too..
      LFCexiled
      Reply #22: Sep 26, 2010 08:02:42 pm
      Bit of foresight to mid October and this will be a pointless thread.

How many tabloids have you been reading? Fuckoff.

Quick Reply